New Haven
    Did he look like this??
    images

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    You should still file a complaint to the store management. Some day, that idiot is going to get someone hurt or killed.

Tebow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Whiting, IN
    That is ridiculous! How stupid does one have to be to grab a random person's firearm? I agree, file a complaint.

Like they say, "you can't fix stupid."

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Where i am and you're not
    He not only touched your person and your property but he also made a scene. The boyfriend carries and he is very aware when others carry but I don't even notice it. I'd imagine that little display caused more eyes on your hip then just simply open carrying would have.

LFD102

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Brownsburg
    That's brave on his part just the fact some one I don't know grabbed my shirt would get them hurt from reactive instincts, let alone going for my gun.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    I don't give a flying fornication how short someone is if they tried to grab my sidearm. My first reaction is to defend myself from some psycho attempting to do who knows what.

Assessing the person for defense, my first reaction would have been a knee to whatever happened to be closest (head, chest, groin) and attempting to step back enough to draw down on them. Granted this is a reactionary statement to what I believe I would do. Luckily I've never had to deploy this tactic.

I can't say whether the OPs reaction was the wrong one or not. I would probably be shocked by this too.

Guardsman89

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Kokomo
    The angle at which this guy could even grab my 1911 would have required a good amount of straining and effort to remove it from the holster. I backed up fast enough, but there's no way he would have been able to remove it without a lot of time and questioning on my part of "What the hell are you doing?"

It's easy for everyone to second guess you. Your situation speaks to the importance of training and thinking through possible scenarios (like someone grabbing for your gun). In this case, I do think you would have been justified in knocking a few parts off his face.

ISP 5353

Master
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Putnam County
    I am sure you handled it very well. The guy is lucky someone didn't just stomp his guts out for trying to take a gun away and touching you in a rude manner!

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I second that, I think I am a nice person but I would have flat dropped the guy for even grabbing at my side (weapon). That is a good way to get shot!

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Good thing you were not carrying in a SERPA ... the gun would have gone off when he touched it.

...sorry ... couldn't help myself ... going back to my corner now.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    The irony here is so freaking hilarious. This guy thought a gun was SO dangerous that it would freak people out just LOOKING at it, so what does he do? He GRABS it?? :n00b: :facepalm:

Nobody suggested an OC shopping trip to WalMart yet? or did I miss it? :cool:

Top Bottom