• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    No matter what else comes of it, this is a good opportunity for everyone to think through how they would handle such a situation, whether it's a 5-year old girl, a midget with Asperger's and skeletal dysplacia, or someone who poses more of a valid threat. What is a reasonable response? I think it's also a good illustration that the tired old, "I'm completely aware, nobody could get to my gun" line is a dangerously egotistical fantasy.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    No matter what else comes of it, this is a good opportunity for everyone to think through how they would handle such a situation, whether it's a 5-year old girl, a midget with Asperger's and skeletal dysplacia, or someone who poses more of a valid threat. What is a reasonable response? I think it's also a good illustration that the tired old, "I'm completely aware, nobody could get to my gun" line is a dangerously egotistical fantasy.

:+1:

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    Maybe he thought you were just acting like an OC dude and trying to steel one of those realistic looking Airsoft guns from the sporting goods department! You know a lot of people do that because the holster hides the red tip.

Any of us CC guys who are thinking about OC at Walmart, maybe we should carry a plastic gun on our hip to get use to dealing midgets and 5 year old girls before we OC the real thing.

LegatoRedrivers

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2011
    There was a thread recently (can't remember where exactly) where someone mentioned designing a "holster warmer." Small battery runs through some heating coils in the holster to keep it at a comfortable temperature.

Maybe the design could be modified. A built in holster-tazer could protect your firearm from midgets and 5 year old girls alike! :D

avengedXT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 84%
    20   4   1
    Feb 15, 2010
    Behind the V!
    A friend of mine once mentioned how he was open-carrying a Glock 22 at a Don Pablo's once. When a retired police officer walked up behind him, one hand on the shoulder one hand on the gun. And recommended he conceal the gun, for supposedly "obvious" reasons.

Out of respect I trust my friend when he says he took the advice and placed his football jersey over the OWB glock. However, what gives ANYBODY the right, active or retired LEO or military even to touch your firearm :dunno:?

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    A friend of mine once mentioned how he was open-carrying a Glock 22 at a Don Pablo's once. When a retired police officer walked up behind him, one hand on the shoulder one hand on the gun. And recommended he conceal the gun, for supposedly "obvious" reasons.

Out of respect I trust my friend when he says he took the advice and placed his football jersey over the OWB glock. However, what gives ANYBODY the right, active or retired LEO or military even to touch your firearm :dunno:?

All billy badarsness aside, how does one not immediately assume a threat there and do their best to break from the grab and assess the situation.

mdeshon

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Out yander
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mdeshon
    I dont think I would of be so nice about it. You just do NOT go up to someone carrying a gun and grab their shirt and gun. This guys must be ****** stupid. I do not understand why he did not think we would get his nose broken or shot.
    :draw:

Did you even read anything in this thread before posting??? If you did, shame on you. Why would you go all Billy Bad@$$ on some mentally challenged person who clearly didn't have a clue what he was doing? :dunno:

If you didn't read the thread before posting, shame on you for not being astute. Learning moment over, flame off... Have a nice day. :)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Boost Lee
    I know the man the OP is referring to and he does not have Down Syndrome.

He's been fully capable of ringing me out at the checkout...
    He's horribly, socially awkward and appears to just have skeletal dysplasia.

Then his "learning experience" should be easier to address by said store manager--one would think anyway. Right???

I did read it all. See below

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Boost Lee

mdeshon

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Out yander
    What do you all think a cop would do if this said person went to him and tried to grab his gun? To me that is a threat and I will not be disarmed and shot with my own gun. A simple hey cover that up would of been sufficient.

Scratcher

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 11, 2012
    In a house

I'm surprised that officer reached retirement age:rolleyes:

.45 Dave

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Anderson
    I think I might have asked him what made him think I'm not an off-duty police officer??

(I wouldn't say I was just to be truthful, just wondering what the look on his face would be.)

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    I did read it all. See below

If you are going to quote him, put the full quote up:

He's been fully capable of ringing me out at the checkout...
    He's horribly, socially awkward and appears to just have skeletal dysplasia.

Other question, then dropped. How could you have read Boost Lee's quote before he posted it? Up to the time of your post, it had not been determined--at least by Mr Lee's comment--that he "was not" challenged. Even if this man is only "horribly, socially awkward" that--in most cases--is clearly evident as well.

I think the OP did the right thing with this man. Only thing I would have done differently would be to address it immediately with the store manager.

Why is it that so many folk on here are so quick to pull the "I'll plug you in the chest" card? Have we been watching too many movies?

Last edited:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Why is it that so many folk on here are so quick to pull the "I'll plug you in the chest" card? Have we been watching too many movies?

In a dynamic scenario such as this (reading of an event on an internet forum), we resort to our training (which we have read about since we're too busy and can't afford it).

:laugh:

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    In a dynamic scenario such as this (reading of an event on an internet forum), we resort to our training (which we have read about since we're too busy and can't afford it).

Dude, you win the thread.

Seriously.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County

:+1: Love it!

Here you go. Consider yourself trained. :D:D:D

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ok79o2NAhA[/ame]

Last edited:
    Top Bottom