• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrYesterday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Evansville
    I'm sorry, but if you all read, and understood that this man was mentally handicapped, and of small stature (I'm assuming Down's, because those 2 things normally signify the disorder) and yet you think you would have broken thumbs, kicked, or mauled the man you seriously need some home training. You might as well say that you would do the same to a child, because the average person with Down's has the mentality of a preteen. OP I think you handled it admirably. But I do think you need to contact management, because if one of the other people who responded to this thread happen into that store a harmless man who doesn't know any better may end up seriously hurt, and we as carriers of either variety will receive all of the negative attention.

mdeshon

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Out yander
    I dont think I would of be so nice about it. You just do NOT go up to someone carrying a gun and grab their shirt and gun. This guys must be ****** stupid. I do not understand why he did not think we would get his nose broken or shot.
    :draw:

ab1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2011
    For those who don't have kids, I've got a lot of practice with neutralizing little people that I can share.... My natural instinct would have kicked in and I would have extended my arm fully, palm against his forehead, and chuckled a little bit when he flailed away at me with his short little arms.

It's an advanced move, but I think more appropriate than an elbow to the face or some of the other examples in this thread. It is also highly effective against 5 year old girls.

Last edited:

MrYesterday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Evansville
    I dont think I would of be so nice about it. You just do NOT go up to someone carrying a gun and grab their shirt and gun. This guys must be ****** stupid. I do not understand why he did not think we would get his nose broken or shot.

Because he was mentally handicapped. Ask the same question about a 10 year old, or a person with Aspergers.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Was at Walmart in Greenwood, finishing checking out. The attendant at the self-scan area was a very short man (about waist-high to me). I was walking out with my two friends, and I hear "SIR! SIR!" behind me. I see it's him, and he's waving me over.

I walk half the way, and he walks over to me saying "Look, just lift your shirt and cover up the gun." as he's saying this, he grabs my shirt with his right hand and the back of my gun with his left.

I back up fast, and say "I'm fine." I didn't feel like verbally fighting with this guy in front of my friends. He says "It's just that people get frantic!"... I said "They'll be fine" and walked away. He said behind me something ending with ".... a freaking firearm....", but I was too far away by then to hear the rest.

So yeah, a small man grabbed my gun today.

Thank GAWD he wasn't a 5 year old girl....you all could have been KILLED!!!!

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I'm sorry, but if you all read, and understood that this man was mentally handicapped, and of small stature (I'm assuming Down's, because those 2 things normally signify the disorder) and yet you think you would have broken thumbs, kicked, or mauled the man you seriously need some home training. You might as well say that you would do the same to a child, because the average person with Down's has the mentality of a preteen. OP I think you handled it admirably. But I do think you need to contact management, because if one of the other people who responded to this thread happen into that store a harmless man who doesn't know any better may end up seriously hurt, and we as carriers of either variety will receive all of the negative attention.
    That's a pretty broad over generalization.

There are people who to look at them you would think are MRDD, but have a far higher IQ than many of us...combined.

Autism, Auschbergers are two off the top of my head.

People with speech impediments often come off that way as well (depending on severity)

I've also met several adults with the mentality of a preteen when it comes to firearms safety.

Someone ******* with your sidearm is no longer harmless whether they are 2, 13, 23, or 76. Keep your hands off.

/end rant

MrYesterday

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Evansville

Not so broad

Often Down syndrome is associated with some impairment of cognitive ability and physical growth, and a particular set of facial characteristics. Individuals with Down syndrome usually have low intelligence, ranging from mild to moderate disabilities. Many children with Down syndrome who have received family support, enrichment therapies, and tutoring have been known to graduate from high school and college, and enjoy employment in the work force. The average IQ of children with Down syndrome is around 50, compared to normal children with an IQ of 100.[3]

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011

There are people who to look at them you would think are MRDD, but have a far higher IQ than many of us...combined.

Autism, Auschbergers are two off the top of my head.

Great, so you kicked the Rain Man's ass. He probably just wanted to count your bullets.

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    I know the man the OP is referring to and he does not have Down Syndrome.

He's been fully capable of ringing me out at the checkout...
    He's horribly, socially awkward and appears to just have skeletal dysplasia.

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County

Did you even read anything in this thread before posting??? If you did, shame on you. Why would you go all Billy Bad@$$ on some mentally challenged person who clearly didn't have a clue what he was doing? :dunno:

If you didn't read the thread before posting, shame on you for not being astute. Learning moment over, flame off... Have a nice day. :)

I know the man the OP is referring to and he does not have Down Syndrome.

He's been fully capable of ringing me out at the checkout...
    He's horribly, socially awkward and appears to just have skeletal dysplasia.

Then his "learning experience" should be easier to address by said store manager--one would think anyway. Right???

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    Then I stand corrected. :)

Don't get me wrong, you have very valid statements.
    I just know that this Walmart employee has enough verbal feedback to voice himself as any regular guy.
    That's not to say he may have some kind of mental disorder (If I absolutely had to guess, maybe Aspergers; as he was socially awkward).

Still, If everything went down just as the OP stated, I've had done the very same with the exception of maybe sending a letter to the GM afterwards.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    If it were me, I would have done this (even though im not a midget)

midgetslide.gif

Top Bottom