• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Haha, yeah. Thing is, I OC this Walmart frequently. He's been the self-checkout attendant many times, and I know he's seen the gun before (either the 1911 or the USP). He never said anything until tonight.

This is the reason I didn't react in a more physical way. He's obviously handicapped, and I have an observational history of his "not reacting negatively" to my gun. I don't know the guy by any means, and I surely was surprised that ANY person would confront me for one, and TOUCH me and my gun.

I wasn't nice in my reactions to him. I know this isn't equal to breaking his thumb or a spinning drop-kick with a 360 flip heel to the temple or something.... but I'm sure he noticed my sudden change in dimeanor and attitude.

Edit: I'm a well-trimmed and professional-looking person. I'm right there with you - How the hell could he assume that I'm NOT an off-duty LEO or something?

longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    You should have just replied to the little man, "You know that my grandpa lived to be 106 years old?" Then when the little man says, "I bet he didn't have to carry a freakin firearm to the store with him" you could just say "No, no he didn't. You know what he did do? He minded his own ****ing business!":)

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Was at Walmart in Greenwood, finishing checking out. The attendant at the self-scan area was a very short man (about waist-high to me). I was walking out with my two friends, and I hear "SIR! SIR!" behind me. I see it's him, and he's waving me over.

I walk half the way, and he walks over to me saying "Look, just lift your shirt and cover up the gun." as he's saying this, he grabs my shirt with his right hand and the back of my gun with his left.

I back up fast, and say "I'm fine." I didn't feel like verbally fighting with this guy in front of my friends. He says "It's just that people get frantic!"... I said "They'll be fine" and walked away. He said behind me something ending with ".... a freaking firearm....", but I was too far away by then to hear the rest.

So yeah, a small man grabbed my gun today.

Good way for an idiot to get himself shot.

1911 DeadHead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    NWI/ Crown Point
    I would have gave him a good shove AT LEAST. And be prepared to draw if he came at me. Drawing my weapon should be my last resort. If you break his teeth and knock him down, who is gonna look like the crazy guy pointing a gun at a guy that is down? I think the OP handled it well, a lil too well.

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    Assessing the person for defense, my first reaction would have been a knee to whatever happened to be closest (head, chest, groin) and attempting to step back enough to draw down on them. Granted this is a reactionary statement to what I believe I would do. Luckily I've never had to deploy this tactic.
    This is one of the better reactions here. Personally, I'm going to drop my right elbow onto the butt of the gun to lock it in its holster, tuck my right hand tight into my body, turn in to the threat and grapple or strike with my left hand.

This is from the point of view of someone who has been there, done that, and if I ever have to do it again I want to bring more friends.

Wwwildthing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Arizona
    You should have flashed your Concealed Weapon Permit badge, handcuffed him to the nearest support beam, then called 911 and reported him as a [STRIKE]mental[/STRIKE] midget terrorist. That'd keep him busy for the next 99 years.

TTravis

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    Plainfield / Mooresville
    You did the right thing. You quickly realised that he was not a real threat and showed compassion to the poor guy. Sure what he did was wrong, but maybe he was not capable of knowing better. You handled the situation well and avoided a problem. You are welcome to OC at my Walmart any time.

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    Ugh...... Double tap method?

I fortunately know exactly the man you're referring to. I'll keep an eye out for him.

What a nut. I don't understand why people think it's acceptable to grab another strangers firearm on their hip and think it's okay.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    another reason that i prefer to conceal carry

Awgeez.jpg

Top Bottom