• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Sounds like you you handled it fine, a strong defensive posture and a firm voice will usually do the trick especially if he was handicap. Being in and teaching martial arts for around 8 years now we are taught to only use force if it was used against you, and the force he used although very dangerous would not have constituted a violent reaction and may have resulted in charges or a civil suit. Even though it would be questionable.

agree

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Beyond the OP....we now know the facts on that scenario and I agree with restraint where it is warranted there.

I'm wanting to know how they handle somebody semi normal trying to grab their gun.

Let's try this:
    I'm not really mentally challenged
    Stand 6"1"
    240 lbs.
    Look scruffy

:):

Ya, good try Print. :lmfao:

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    If anyone goes for my gun....I will beat them to it

picture.php

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    But given that the OP shops there, has seen him there before, knows that he has issues, and that he's approaching saying, "Sir! Sir!"... really, you don't think that justifies a little restraint?
    Many years ago when I was much younger and thought I was much wider and invincible. I did personal security.

There had been a guy who we had gotten used to he was quirky had some issues but we didn't take him as a large threat. We would tell him to move along or out of the way. He would challenge us with why we thought this or that was our right.

One day he was acting like himself and he got a little more excited than normal, as I tried to move him out of our path he got to close and as he grabbed me I tripped him up and he fell. I felt kin of guilty. I knew who he was, he was just a little off.

I bent over to pick him up and as I leaned over he quite quickly bu a 3" blade into my upper abdomen.

I will never forget when he pulled it back out I saw the meaning behind the phrase "bled like a stuck pig."

So please forgive me if I do not trust those little guys who have "issues" or "I knew him from previous dealing." Self preservation should be the first rule.

Remember the first rule in boxing. Always protect yourself.

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    Many years ago when I was much younger and thought I was much wider and invincible. I did personal security.

There had been a guy who we had gotten used to he was quirky had some issues but we didn't take him as a large threat. We would tell him to move along or out of the way. He would challenge us with why we thought this or that was our right.

One day he was acting like himself and he got a little more excited than normal, as I tried to move him out of our path he got to close and as he grabbed me I tripped him up and he fell. I felt kin of guilty. I knew who he was, he was just a little off.

I bent over to pick him up and as I leaned over he quite quickly bu a 3" blade into my upper abdomen.

I will never forget when he pulled it back out I saw the meaning behind the phrase "bled like a stuck pig."

So please forgive me if I do not trust those little guys who have "issues" or "I knew him from previous dealing." Self preservation should be the first rule.

Remember the first rule in boxing. Always protect yourself.

Damn! you can't leave the story there, what happened next?

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    If anyone goes for my gun....I will beat them to it

picture.php
    I am really hoping that the camera was on a timer and nobody was actually taking this picture!

I mean if we teach everybody to treat all weapons like a loaded weapon then standing there pointing a gun at someone with your finger inside the trigger guard would kinda go against everything we teach....right?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I am really hoping that the camera was on a timer and nobody was actually taking this picture!

I mean if we teach everybody to treat all weapons like a loaded weapon then standing there pointing a gun at someone with your finger inside the trigger guard would kinda go against everything we teach....right?

Yeah, he already has taken flack here for that picture a long time ago... it's on a timer.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI

Kinda makes you wonder LOL...The only thing that would take a bullet is the camera...was on a timer. But my point was that if someone was to trying to take my pistol...I would draw down on them.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I'm really starting to like this thread!:):

I keep picturing a 5 year old girl reaching for some dudes gun and some interweb bad ass putting a boot print on her face.:laugh: or maybe that should be :n00b:

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    I keep picturing a 5 year old girl reaching for some dudes gun and some interweb bad ass putting a boot print on her face.:laugh: or maybe that should be :n00b:

Or a socially inept man with skeletal dysplasia who is about 4' tall and obviously doesn't have a clue what the ramifications of his actions would create. But hey, it would be much more "fun" to put him on the ground and leave him screaming like a girl--right? :rolleyes: We'll call it a "learning moment" yeah--we'll call it that.

You got it right with the :n00b: friend.

Top Bottom