• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Printcraft, I have no idea why you personalized that.

You asked a general question, I gave a general answer, it has nothing to do with you personally.

I have no idea who you even are, so it would be stupid to presume that I do.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Wait, you're starting to sound like that little Wal-Mart guy now.

*rolls up newspaper* :popcorn:

Here is a recent picture of me.

My mom says I am handsome in a suit. :)
    little-midget-gun-60424475333.jpeg

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    [/B]I think it's safe to conclude, from the description of this man, that HE hasn't, or that even if he has, he doesn't pose a credible threat.[/COLOR]

Beyond the OP....we now know the facts on that scenario and I agree with restraint where it is warranted there.

I'm wanting to know how they handle somebody semi normal trying to grab their gun.

Let's try this:
    I'm not really mentally challenged
    Stand 6"1"
    240 lbs.
    Look scruffy

You are walking through the park, I notice you are carrying.
    I come up behind you..... appearing to want to whisper sweet nothing into your ear but instead grab your gun.
    What happens then?
    Harsh language and a scolding?

You asked a general question, I gave a general answer, it has nothing to do with you personally.

It's the internet.... it's all personal.

So...... now you are calling me stupid?!.......

:):

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

Maybe because:

A: You replied directly to his post
    B: You slurred OCers with your little "..it's not as cool as you think it is" jab

:dunno:

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Maybe because:

A: You replied directly to his post
    B: You slurred OCers with your little "..it's not as cool as you think it is" jab

:dunno:

I dont have to work to make OCers look stupid Roadie, they do that themselves by posting threads on how the average Walmart Midgie or Restaurant Cop can get their hands on their guns.

I was just giving some fatherly advice.

Dont wear shades indoors, and if you think you will be cooler by wearing your gun outside your shirt, you wont be.

That little gem is free. Anything else I will have to charge for.

:twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents:

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    Beyond the OP....we now know the facts on that scenario and I agree with restraint where it is warranted there.

I'm wanting to know how they handle somebody semi normal trying to grab their gun.

Let's try this:
    I'm not really mentally challenged
    Stand 6"1"
    240 lbs.
    Look scruffy

Depends -- are you wearing that short skirt and heels that make your calves look sexy?

You are walking through the park, I notice you are carrying.
    I come up behind you..... appearing to want to whisper sweet nothing into your ear but instead grab your gun.
    What happens then?
    Harsh language and a scolding?

:):

Only if you use our safe word.

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    I know no one can say how they will react in anyone situation until your in that exact situation and I tend to agree with that statement. Frame of mind can cause us to react differently on different days.

But I tend to think had I been in that situation my instinct would have been a leg sweep and drawing my gun on him.

This may have caused me problems later but if someone went for my gun I would have considered that a life threatening situation since I have no way to read his mind and understand why his hand is on my gun. Just that HIS HAND IS ON MY GUN.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I know no one can say how they will react in anyone situation until your in that exact situation and I tend to agree with that statement. Frame of mind can cause us to react differently on different days.

But I tend to think had I been in that situation my instinct would have been a leg sweep and drawing my gun on him.

This may have caused me problems later but if someone went for my gun I would have considered that a life threatening situation since I have no way to read his mind and understand why his hand is on my gun. Just that HIS HAND IS ON MY GUN.

But given that the OP shops there, has seen him there before, knows that he has issues, and that he's approaching saying, "Sir! Sir!"... really, you don't think that justifies a little restraint?

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I dont have to work to make OCers look stupid Roadie, they do that themselves by posting threads on how the average Walmart Midgie or Restaurant Cop can get their hands on their guns.

I was just giving some fatherly advice.

Dont wear shades indoors, and if you think you will be cooler by wearing your gun outside your shirt, you wont be.

That little gem is free. Anything else I will have to charge for.

:twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents::twocents:

So, because a few OCers post things that YOU THINK are "stupid".... they all are..

:rolleyes::n00b:

Let's just insult a major portion of this Community because of your OPINION. That's your idea of "Fatherly advice" eh?
    :facepalm:

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    So, because a few OCers post things that YOU THINK are "stupid".... they all are..

:rolleyes::n00b:

Let's just insult a major portion of this Community because of your OPINION. That's your idea of "Fatherly advice" eh?
    :facepalm:

Let me share with you how my "opinion" of OCers was formed.

Guy comes into the shop, in talking with him my first impression is he is a blowhard, thinks he is really something else, and is obviously totally 100% inexperianced.

THEN he tells me, the gun he just bought, he plans on OCing.

OC doesnt make you an idiot.

But the idiots flock to it.

I have seen this, not once, not twice, but HUNDREDS of times.

That is how opinions are formed. Personal Experiance. Life Experiance.

Do you form your opinions any other way?

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I have just been Mod-Warned to be nicer to people.

So.

eql.jpg

I am going to adjust my tie, and turn over a new leaf.

Everybody is awesome.

You all do whatever you like to do with your guns.

Its a FREE country. And that means Midgets Too!

Popcorn for everyone. :popcorn:

And a sammich for ATM.

EDIT: I changed my avatar... I kinda like it.

Last edited:

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Let me share with you how my "opinion" of OCers was formed.

Guy comes into the shop, in talking with him my first impression is he is a blowhard, thinks he is really something else, and is obviously totally 100% inexperianced.

THEN he tells me, the gun he just bought, he plans on OCing.

OC doesnt make you an idiot.

But the idiots flock to it.

I have seen this, not once, not twice, but HUNDREDS of times.

That is how opinions are formed. Personal Experiance. Life Experiance.

Do you form your opinions any other way?

There is a subtle difference between forming your opinion by observation, and using that observation to paint EVERYONE with a broad brush based on that observation.

If I judged all, by the actions of some, then by observation of your posts I would have to conclude that all gun shop employees use the Internet to bash their customers..

Funny how broad generalizations work, eh?

Joseph

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    cambridge city
    Sounds like you you handled it fine, a strong defensive posture and a firm voice will usually do the trick especially if he was handicap. Being in and teaching martial arts for around 8 years now we are taught to only use force if it was used against you, and the force he used although very dangerous would not have constituted a violent reaction and may have resulted in charges or a civil suit. Even though it would be questionable.

Top Bottom