• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fuzzbawl

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Elkhart, IN
    All rightly then. Maybe you can make us a "training" vid on exactly how to do this?

If you are carrying inside-the-pant on either side (in other words, not your back) then you could just let your arm hang to your side and hold the gun inward toward your body in a large crowd. Perhaps aided by putting your hands in your pockets. If its at your back, simple enough to just cross your arms behind you to do the same thing. If a significant other is with you, have them put their arm around your back so they can help keep tabs on the firearm as well.

All kinds of ways to "hold" the gun in a crowd without actually wielding it.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    You know what I would have done? I would have bladed at 45 and screamed, "YOU WILL NOT TOUCH MY RECEIPT."

I have a gut feeling that this will be a perpetual thread that will never lose momentum. Allow me to further contribute. What if a police officer had done it? What if the police officer was a 5 year old girl? How does this apply to Texas law? Bird law (Always Sunny Fans)?

Thanks!

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Great! You are gonna make us that how to be safe OCing in crowd vid then?

Unless it's a crowd of 5 year-old girls, I don't see the danger. :D

Where are the reports of guns grabbed from the holsters of law-abiding citizens OCing in crowds? :dunno:

Bonez87

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Clinton, IN
    Wow! I wouldve been very upset about that. He had some never to come up and say anything to you let alone touch you and your gun. He is very lucky you have self control. Someone without that couldve hurt him badly.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Wow! I wouldve been very upset about that. He had some never to come up and say anything to you let alone touch you and your gun. He is very lucky you have self control. Someone without that couldve hurt him badly.

Agreed...someone reaches for my gun...and I have them in an arm bar......and headed for the floor.....at least.....

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Now, now gentlemen....... we have all learned that if you plan to prevent
    someone from taking your gun with physical means you are obviously an internet ninja.

Please, for the sake of the children.. submit to your attacker and provocateur.
    Someone could be injured by your act of self defense. Nobody wants that.
    You might be killed with your own gun but lets face it, that is better than the alternative.
    Just the price you pay for wanting to carry in public.:twocents:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...Where are the reports of guns grabbed from the holsters of law-abiding citizens OCing in crowds? :dunno:

Yeah, I am CONSTANTLY reading about guns being grabbed in crowds from folks that are OCing.

...Come on, surely there's some gun grabs in a crowd somewhere out there.

Uh...
    ...this thread.:dunno:

How do you guys protect your gun in a crowd?
    Do you just trust that no one will attempt such a thing? (Like the OP did.)
    Since it's now been reported (for the first time?) will your mindset change?

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    This, but add: The OP stated that he knows the guy is 'handicapped', and what I read into that is 'mental capacity', not just vertically challenged. Maybe I'm an old softie, but I cut the *clinically* mentally 'handicapped' a LOT of slack. *Clinically*, vs. everyone else at WalMart, for clarification. I shudder to think of the articles that would have been written if one of us had issued the beatdown some are calling for on this guy. "Gun nut beats mentally challenged man for pointing out that his gun was showing, more on page 12."

In reading through this thread, I can't help but remember a situation at the Beech Grove Kroger a couple of years ago. They had a bagger who was handicapped, and he would always loudly comment on every item he placed in a bag.

I was in line behind a well-dressed woman in her late 20s or so, and she had a fair amount of items. This bagger would hold up each item as he grabbed it, and comment LOUDLY about it. ("I've had this kind before", and "I LOVE this kind of steak," etc). Toward the end of her order, he comes to a box of condoms, holds it up for everyone to see, and says "I know what THESE are for!!!"

The look on her face was priceless, as everyone within 20 feet had heard the guy, and was chuckling.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    By all means, be aware of your surroundings. Protect yourself. Just remember, you will have to explain to police, attorneys, jury what happened. And you have to do it in an instant.
    Appropriate force is what they will be looking for.
    Being legal, and getting by the jury are often confused. Legal is not in the courtroom. It should be, but isn't. Presentation, appearance are. Ever notice all the booking photos, then see the person in court.

So yes, protect yourself. From someone grabbing your gun, AND jail.

Why would an armed citizen involved in a self defense situation have to explain anything to a Judge and Jury in Indiana?:dunno:

Example: The Kroger shooting. Did he go to jail? Before a Judge? A jury? No?

IC 35-41-3-2
    Use of force to protect person or property
    Sec. 2. (a) A person is justified in using reasonable force against another person to protect the person or a third person from what the person reasonably believes to be the imminent use of unlawful force. However, a person:
    (1) is justified in using deadly force; and
    (2) does not have a duty to retreat;
    if the person reasonably believes that that force is necessary to prevent serious bodily injury to the person or a third person or the commission of a forcible felony. No person in this state shall be placed in legal jeopardy of any kind whatsoever for protecting the person or a third person by reasonable means necessary.

Top Bottom