• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    There were no questions in your first post.

I would not have let them get close enough to grab my gun. If I did It would be my own fault. If I could not be in an area where I could maintain enough distance to avoid someone grabbing my gun, I would avoid that area or cover my gun from their view.

Ahh, so you've never carried in public.

BTW, I retract my statement about hitting the guy...I had not yet read the part where he is mentally handicapped. That is definitely a game changer.

I couldn't give a **** less about his stature though...I don't care that I'm 6'6 and 250 lbs...Big or small, if a man tries to grab my gun, harm me, harm someone in my family, etc. he's getting a beating he'll remember.

TheCapulet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Rural Fairmount
    I think I'm on the side of the fence with the guys who are showing hostility towards the gun grabber. Not because I think going into any situation boot first is the right thing to do. But potentially handicapped or not, awfully short or not, someone grabbing your gun IS a threat. And you owe it to yourself and everyone around you to take the threat of someone trying to grab your gun extremely seriously. In a place like Wallys, it's impossible to account for every single person around you. The places are always packed. So whether he shouts at you before grabbing it or not, someone grabbing your weapon without your permission warrants a serious and forceful response.

Finger and wrist locks, elbows and knees to the face, triple spin backflip heel kicks to the back of the skull, it doesn't matter how someone "says" they're going to do it. Because let's face it, a majority of those who are saying things like that aren't trained enough in unarmed conflict to actually pull what amounts to martial arts self defense technique off, spur of the moment. We all just like looking like the American flag pants dude from Napoleon Dynamite. (because lets face it, that guy was a BA :P) But behind the veiled action movie lingo, they're actually saying that the said gun grabber is lucky because his actions do in fact warrant aggressive force to prevent the threat. I may have just simply pushed him back and told him I didn't appreciate it, and warned him of the danger of grabbing random weapons. Or I may have flipped him all over Walmart like I'd just turned into Steven Segal. But no matter what, I would have talked to the manager, warning him or her as well, and perhaps called the police and filed battery charges. Because as another said earlier... Stupid SHOULD hurt.

Hammerhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Bartholomew County
    The man in question has been defined NOT as mentally handicapped. When the OP used "handicapped" as a description, he was using it do describe his stature as a handicap.

I.E. the guy's a midget, not an average sized person.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    You're on to me now.
    I just sit around the basement trying to learn how to be a better Internet tough guy. :rolleyes:

THIS is the best post I have ever read on INGO lol.

Accusing bwframe of not carrying in public, irony goes like 32 ways lol.

Oh my gosh I am about to die laughing.

I could say a lot about the paranoid old man that shoots better than me and thinks the world is out to kill him, but to say he isnt situationally aware, extensively trained or ready to kill me at a moments notice, ANY moment, is like saying Miss America has a butterface.

OTOH, clearing your car, when you get back to it in a parking lot.. maybe a little extreme Burl, your car is not a shoothouse :)

445supermag

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Rising Sun, IN
    I WAS AT A WALL-MART A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO I SAW A MAN HAD A GUN ON HIS SIDE WITH HIS TEE SHIRT JUST COVING HIS GUN HANDLE BUT YOU COULD SEE THE BOTTOM THE HOSTER. IT DIDIT BOTHER ME.

LanceRobbins24

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    South Bend
    I think I'm on the side of the fence with the guys who are showing hostility towards the gun grabber. Not because I think going into any situation boot first is the right thing to do. But potentially handicapped or not, awfully short or not, someone grabbing your gun IS a threat. And you owe it to yourself and everyone around you to take the threat of someone trying to grab your gun extremely seriously. In a place like Wallys, it's impossible to account for every single person around you. The places are always packed. So whether he shouts at you before grabbing it or not, someone grabbing your weapon without your permission warrants a serious and forceful response.

Finger and wrist locks, elbows and knees to the face, triple spin backflip heel kicks to the back of the skull, it doesn't matter how someone "says" they're going to do it. Because let's face it, a majority of those who are saying things like that aren't trained enough in unarmed conflict to actually pull what amounts to martial arts self defense technique off, spur of the moment. We all just like looking like the American flag pants dude from Napoleon Dynamite. (because lets face it, that guy was a BA :P) But behind the veiled action movie lingo, they're actually saying that the said gun grabber is lucky because his actions do in fact warrant aggressive force to prevent the threat. I may have just simply pushed him back and told him I didn't appreciate it, and warned him of the danger of grabbing random weapons. Or I may have flipped him all over Walmart like I'd just turned into Steven Segal. But no matter what, I would have talked to the manager, warning him or her as well, and perhaps called the police and filed battery charges. Because as another said earlier... Stupid SHOULD hurt.

^^This^^

Someone touches my firearm from behind...I'm going to try to stop that person from doing more than putting their mitts on it. I don't care if he/she is short, tall, fat, skinny, purple, orange, MENSA member, mentally deficient or whatever...I'm going to prevent them however I need to to keep my sidearm holstered, unless it is unholstered by myself. If anyone on here thinks I'm trying to puff my chest out and be a toughguy, whatever.....I know that nobody should have their hand on my weapon except myself or if LEO unholsters it after I have given consent.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    ^^This^^

Someone touches my firearm from behind...I'm going to try to stop that person from doing more than putting their mitts on it. I don't care if he/she is short, tall, fat, skinny, purple, orange, MENSA member, mentally deficient or whatever...I'm going to prevent them however I need to to keep my sidearm holstered, unless it is unholstered by myself. If anyone on here thinks I'm trying to puff my chest out and be a toughguy, whatever.....I know that nobody should have their hand on my weapon except myself or if LEO unholsters it after I have given consent.

This notion that he ninja'd up from behind and grabbed the gun are in complete contrast to the OP's description of what actually happened. But don't let that dissuade you from your internet heroics or anything, I'm just pointing it out.

http://youtu.be/KN9SNgWWUFs?t=7s

Last edited:

LanceRobbins24

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    South Bend
    This notion that he ninja'd up from behind and grabbed the gun are in complete contrast to the OP's description of what actually happened. But don't let that dissuade you from your internet heroics or anything, I'm just pointing it out.

http://youtu.be/KN9SNgWWUFs?t=7s

You are correct...my appologies for not proof reading better. I thought the guy came up from behind him as him and his two buddies were walking out. After re-reading the OP...I give myself the fully deserved face palm. I'm man enough to admit when I make a mistake and I have. I'm gonna go sit in the naughty corner for a bit now. Carry on

:facepalm:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I WAS AT A WALL-MART A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO I SAW A MAN HAD A GUN ON HIS SIDE WITH HIS TEE SHIRT JUST COVING HIS GUN HANDLE BUT YOU COULD SEE THE BOTTOM THE HOSTER. IT DIDIT BOTHER ME.
    I bet that was me! I remember it well because there was a guy there that I could tell wasn't bothered. I pick up on those sort of things.:yesway:

No, wait, I think I was at K-Mart.:( Nevermind.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    ^^This^^

And not showing discretion will look fantastic at your trial. I'm sure the "I was keeping a threat off my gun", or something to that effect, will save you from a jury of 12. After all, it is often not "what is legal". It is "what can you prove."

Seeing a agitated person going after your gun, vs. a concerned person (whether special needs or not) is going to play a part at your trial. And while "It's better to be judged by 12, than carried by 6" is a great sound byte, you won't be able to exercise the 2A in you cell.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Still waiting for the tier 1 operators to tell us mere mortals how to handle the threat of somebody playing grab ass with your gun.

:popcorn:

Don't go a ninjin' someone what don't need ninjin'.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Still waiting for the tier 1 operators to tell us mere mortals how to handle the threat of somebody playing grab ass with your gun.

:popcorn:

Don't go a ninjin' someone what don't need ninjin'.

I will handle this one. Not a operator, but I slept in a Holiday Inn last night.

1. They cant grab what they dont know is there. Dont be a douche, dont OC. Its not as "cool" as you think it is.

2. If you truly dont know how to retain your weapon, without cutting off fingers, drop kicking, arm bars, and MMA fighting that your fat ass saw on TV one time....

May I recommend one of our fine weapon training orginizations that sponsor this website.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I will handle this one. Not a operator, but I slept in a Holiday Inn last night.

1. They cant grab what they dont know is there. Dont be a douche, dont OC. Its not as "cool" as you think it is.

Who said I O.C.? Are people the OC really Douches?.... Every cop I have ever seen in uniform OC's...... hummm

2. If you truly dont know how to retain your weapon, without cutting off fingers, drop kicking, arm bars, and MMA fighting that your fat ass saw on TV one time....

I agree, while all those are great.... weapon retention in the main objective.... sorry, I don't watch MMA.
    Are you sure you are the only person who has trained in some manner?

May I recommend one of our fine weapon training orginizations that sponsor this website.

:dunno:

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I agree, while all those are great.... weapon retention in the main objective.... sorry, I don't watch MMA.
    Are you sure you are the only person who has trained in some manner?
    I think it's safe to conclude, from the description of this man, that HE hasn't, or that even if he has, he doesn't pose a credible threat. If we really can't deal with different "threats" in different manners, then I guess you best just go ahead and start poppin' caps.

Top Bottom