Girl and her little brother attacked in Indy. (Brookside park)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    So if off duty you would not interact or stop the girl/her brother from getting beat down?

I am seriously asking

I don't use purple, and my response was a good candidate for it. I was just giving the common INGO answer for situations requiring intervention by an outside party. I would do my best to intervene when off-duty, with my actions being dependent on the situation I encounter. At the very least I would attempt to get the aggressor separated from the victims.

slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    This is a lot more common then we think. These kids filmed it .. And posted it.. Thats the only reason its come to the surface. Its hard to imagine the things we dont know about.. Scary world

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I don't use purple, and my response was a good candidate for it. I was just giving the common INGO answer for situations requiring intervention by an outside party. I would do my best to intervene when off-duty, with my actions being dependent on the situation I encounter. At the very least I would attempt to get the aggressor separated from the victims.

Sorry, I thought maybe I was missing something, guess I am kinda slow tonight.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    he filmers/bystanders will not likely be charged. I can't think of a charge that would apply.

The basis of the Napoleonic Code is very different than our own legal origins. Remember that the Declaration of Rights also details your duties to the government. Thus French law is replete with obligations as to your fellow citizens and government.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Also 'interesting' to note that, as was noted in the Ferguson Officer shooting thread, that news clip makes no reference to the race of the perpetrator or the victim, who are of different races. Perhaps because it doesn't fit the libtard 'narrative'? :scratch:

Based on past reporting, it's almost certain that, had the roles been reversed, the narrative would be quite different, and 'hate crime' would be added to the mix.

As with the Ferguson Officer thread, the agenda of the media seems blatant. And despicable.

sig-guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Well crap, I played the disc golf there a few times.
    There's another place I have to avoid because of the lawless element.

Visit more frequently and add some law to the elements.

Letting this crap continue by avoid the place isn't going to make it stop.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The kids in this video look to be at least 13 years old or older, even the victim. When I was 13 my parents didn't go everywhere with me. I rode bikes in the neighborhood. I played basketball at the park. Sometimes I even took my younger sibling with me.

Were my parents bad parents for not hovering over me all the time? I'd say they were good parents because they raised me well enough to trust me to make good decisions on my own and to give me some room to experience things on my own.

On one hand we complain that kids are soft, coddled too much and don't learn responsibility or life lessons. Then something like this happens and there are many quick to yell, "where are the parents?"

Life isn't fair, and sometimes it hands you a beat down for no reason at all. In this case it was literal and hopefully the victim wasn't seriously hurt and learns something from it.

The one responsible for this is the one who attacked the victim. Pure and simple.

I think everyone needs to take a step back from this. The video makes my blood boil, but I think taking a deep breath and allowing this to play out with law enforcement is the best thing right now.

Learns what exactly? To start packing? Because I'm thinking a bullet between the eyes is the only lesson the girl doing the beating needs. We put down rabid dogs that pose a danger to a neighborhood. This should be no different.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Folks......except for the fact that was 2 females (and still not uncommon) and the little guy gets involved these fights were the norm around my area growing up. Not every day but they did happen pretty regular. Thinking back there was at least 1 fight or more at "Every" sports event and dance at school. It was just the way of things.
    Guy's went at it just like that all the time. That is a typical west side beat down.
    Did the recipient deserve that or was she randomly attacked. I did not get all the way through the story and have seen the Video on the tube. If attacked hell no it was not right. Did this come from some slight laid out earlier???
    I am not condoning any of this but I have seen it a hundred times. Been a part of it (at risk of the bully thing.....lining up for cheese burgers) so many times myself. No such thing as a fair fight and never was. During the opening acts of the "Busing" Era there was a fight every day somewhere in or around the school. No one jumped in. They were let go until there was a definite looser. There was a definite looser here but the new wave "Video" crowd needed a fix so no one stepped in.Now, the child getting hurt would not have been allowed for the most part.

The world will deal with the attacker. She will get her due.

I agree with McGrease on this one. Let it play out.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    From the stories I've read it was a random act of violence.

Poor girl, when first attacked, even was begging/pleading: "WHAT DID I DO?"

and when she was walking away with her little brother, and attacked again, even apologized. Apologized for what? For nothing. She didn't know what she did wrong. The only thing she did 'wrong' was being in the wrong place at the wrong time and apparently the wrong skin color or from the wrong school or whatever. Sickening.

My comments and thoughts on the entire situation would be exactly the same had the attacker been white and randomly attacked a black person. Either one should be treated as a hate crime and get the same amount of attention in the media (albeit local) that it deserves.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    From the stories I've read it was a random act of violence.

Poor girl, when first attacked, even was begging/pleading: "WHAT DID I DO?"

and when she was walking away with her little brother, and attacked again, even apologized. Apologized for what? For nothing. She didn't know what she did wrong. The only thing she did 'wrong' was being in the wrong place at the wrong time and apparently the wrong skin color or from the wrong school or whatever. Sickening.

My comments and thoughts on the entire situation would be exactly the same had the attacker been white and randomly attacked a black person. Either one should be treated as a hate crime and get the same amount of attention in the media (albeit local) that it deserves.

Well, that question is answered. I did not watch the entire thing.
    No, that is a straight up act of violence in search of street cred. Wrong all the way.
    This happened a lot when I was young as well. It just did not get recorded. There have always been and always will be bully's. The world will deal with the attacker. Maybe not today but she will jump on the wrong person.
    These angry kids are becoming more the norm.
    These attacks happen all the time and yes, it is sickening. We just do not see it.

Top Bottom