Girl and her little brother attacked in Indy. (Brookside park)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Why avoid the area?
    I'm pretty sure slapping that girl bully in the face would stop her from attacking you.

Yeah, sure. And then the surrounding bystanders mob me and I have to shoot some of them to stay alive. Then, Al and Eric et al tell the media I'm a racist Klansman who went to the park to hunt toddlers.
    No, thanks.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Yeah, sure. And then the surrounding bystanders mob me and I have to shoot some of them to stay alive. Then, Al and Eric et al tell the media I'm a racist Klansman who went to the park to hunt toddlers.
    No, thanks.

I dont think she would have attacked you in the first place anyway, unless you're a 8 years old boy.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    the filmers/bystanders will not likely be charged. I can't think of a charge that would apply.

I guess there is no duty to rescue in Indiana.

Under French law we have something called "non-assistance à personne en danger" (deliberately failing to provide assistance to a person in danger), which is a duty for every citizen to rescue someone.
    It depends on you skills of course.Like if a person is drowning and you dont know how to swim you can't be charge with that.
    But at least you have to seek help even if you cant help yourself (or throw a rope or whatever).

It depends on who the bystanders are I guess.But it looks like they could easily stop a single teenage girl from attacking another girl, and a child.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend

Under French law we have something called "non-assistance à personne en danger" (deliberately failing to provide assistance to a person in danger), which is a duty for every citizen to rescue someone.
    It depends on you skills of course.Like if a person is drowning and you dont know how to swim you can't be charge with that.
    But at least you have to seek help even if you cant help yourself (or throw a rope or whatever).

It depends on who the bystanders are I guess.But it looks like they could easily stop a single teenage girl from attacking another girl, and a child.

In this country the ACLU would have a fit that you screwed someone out of there right to beat someone. What a joke. If it were within my power to stop it I would.

Years ago I decked a guy that was beating on his wife out side of a grocery store. I'd be in jail today. Trust me, I would. He was black. I was white. I stuck my nose in where it wasn't my business. Cops came. It was a mess. The guy wanted me arrested. This was just when domestic violence was starting to get media spot light. The guys wife told him if he had me arrested she was going to charge him with domestic violence. I got away with it. But today, na. I'd have Sharpton and Jackson all over me. And he'd own my house. I hope he thought twice next time he hit a woman. But I doubt it.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

My gun is only for the protection of me and my family.

ARRAY

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    Griffith
    getto trash is the right words for them its sad that there is no respect within the younger generation for anyone not even themselves. Goes back to their parents, who i suspect are the exact same way. sad but most is learned from examples of what they have been exposed to at home.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Actually I was speaking of the parents of the children that were attacked. Why in the hell weren't they with them...oh wait, probably just like the parents of the attacking kids. Never mind.

The kids in this video look to be at least 13 years old or older, even the victim. When I was 13 my parents didn't go everywhere with me. I rode bikes in the neighborhood. I played basketball at the park. Sometimes I even took my younger sibling with me.

Were my parents bad parents for not hovering over me all the time? I'd say they were good parents because they raised me well enough to trust me to make good decisions on my own and to give me some room to experience things on my own.

On one hand we complain that kids are soft, coddled too much and don't learn responsibility or life lessons. Then something like this happens and there are many quick to yell, "where are the parents?"

Life isn't fair, and sometimes it hands you a beat down for no reason at all. In this case it was literal and hopefully the victim wasn't seriously hurt and learns something from it.

The one responsible for this is the one who attacked the victim. Pure and simple.

I think everyone needs to take a step back from this. The video makes my blood boil, but I think taking a deep breath and allowing this to play out with law enforcement is the best thing right now.

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    The kids in this video look to be at least 13 years old or older, even the victim. When I was 13 my parents didn't go everywhere with me. I rode bikes in the neighborhood. I played basketball at the park. Sometimes I even took my younger sibling with me.

Were my parents bad parents for not hovering over me all the time? I'd say they were good parents because they raised me well enough to trust me to make good decisions on my own and to give me some room to experience things on my own.

On one hand we complain that kids are soft, coddled too much and don't learn responsibility or life lessons. Then something like this happens and there are many quick to yell, "where are the parents?"

Life isn't fair, and sometimes it hands you a beat down for no reason at all. In this case it was literal and hopefully the victim wasn't seriously hurt and learns something from it.

The one responsible for this is the one who attacked the victim. Pure and simple.

I think everyone needs to take a step back from this. The video makes my blood boil, but I think taking a deep breath and allowing this to play out with law enforcement is the best thing right now.
    True that.

Top Bottom