Girl and her little brother attacked in Indy. (Brookside park)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Good point Kut.....good point.

I did put in my own work though......for myself.....:dunno:

I know I'm country, but I saw it a lot. I specifically remember a guy who i played ball with kicking the stuffing out of another guy, who was picking on a guy on the cheerleading squad, because he was kinda "girly." Well a few years later we figured out why he was "kinda girly" when he stepped out of the closet.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    That's not even a racial slur. Whoever he worked for, was an idiot. It may be unfair, but it's a bad practice to adopt the techniques of idiots.

That, my friend, is the reality of the situation in most large organizations.
    I was counseled not to discuss the comic strip character in the "Wizard of Id" who was kept in the dungeon for cursing the king because he was called the spook.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    It MAY have been a racial attack, but that has not been proven. If a Mexican guy works on my car, and does such a crappy job, that I look for him to beat him up, if after I find him, and whip his butt, I then refer to him with a racial slur, is the attack racially motivated?

Ok, then I understand you pov. I think it's a higher bar.

The problem is if the reverse were true, the bar would be MUCH, MUCH lower. If the races were reversed, simply the act of the beatdown with no other evidence would be considered an open and shut case by many. Look at Ferguson. Many considered the simple fact that Brown was killed by a white officer that it was racism. Nothing more, nothing less. Now we have the roles reversed with "evidence" that it was racially influenced. I wont say motivated because of the question she asked before the beatdown regarding who the victim knows. Yet now we ask every question BUT that one. We try as hard as we can to find any excuse BUT that. Whereas if it were reversed they would be trying every last angle to indict.

So why is the bar set at a different height depending on which direction you approach it from?

I cant say that the young lady doing the beating had the idea that it was a "black park" as she didnt mutter the phrase. But it does raise interesting questions as to why one side gets a pass in the face of incriminating evidence while others are presumed guilty from the start.

*"we" being the media and those driving the discussions in the public arena.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The problem is if the reverse were true, the bar would be MUCH, MUCH lower. If the races were reversed, simply the act of the beatdown with no other evidence would be considered an open and shut case by many. Look at Ferguson. Many considered the simple fact that Brown was killed by a white officer that it was racism. Nothing more, nothing less. Now we have the roles reversed with "evidence" that it was racially influenced. I wont say motivated because of the question she asked before the beatdown regarding who the victim knows. Yet now we ask every question BUT that one. We try as hard as we can to find any excuse BUT that. Whereas if it were reversed they would be trying every last angle to indict.

So why is the bar set at a different height depending on which direction you approach it from?

I cant say that the young lady doing the beating had the idea that it was a "black park" as she didnt mutter the phrase. But it does raise interesting questions as to why one side gets a pass in the face of incriminating evidence while others are presumed guilty from the start.

*"we" being the media and those driving the discussions in the public arena.

Ill agree the bar is set at different heights. Unfortunately that is based on history, than the elements of the crime/situation. You want to correct that? Acknowledge all acts of ignorance and injustice. I can't go a day without hearing about Jackson and Sharpton doing this or doing that. I myself have repeatedly said that they are moron, and I believe it. They are pariahs more concerned with lining their pockets and selling their hateful snake oil. And yet, one of the biggest stories in the past few weeks, has noticeably been absent on this site. Why is that? There's even some action that's on shakey legal ground, that I agree was probably taken too far. But, here on INGO, not a peep.

So, it makes one wonder, if one is concerned about ALL injustices, or just those related to a group they identify with.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    A little fun over on Facebook.

I made a comment on a news story about this incident about the lack of a father in the picture....having seen interviews and news stories that make clear this is the case, and...you guessed it, I was accused of being a racist for bringing up the absent father thing.

Black or white, lack of a positive, present, adult male role model (we used to just call him "Dad") is a frequent factor with juvenile criminals. That is a fact, but never mention race and bring it up and you're a racist. No wonder we can't seem to solve anything.

Truth is the new hate speech.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I made a comment on a news story about this incident about the lack of a father in the picture....having seen interviews and news stories that make clear this is the case, and...you guessed it, I was accused of being a racist for bringing up the absent father thing.

Black or white, lack of a positive, present, adult male role model (we used to just call him "Dad") is a frequent factor with juvenile criminals. That is a fact, but never mention race and bring it up and you're a racist. No wonder we can't seem to solve anything.

The Race card has taken on a whole new level of use. It is time it gets reduced in power. This is not a euchre game it is real life. Sound bits and ethnic/minority cards need to stay in the deck until their use is warranted. This girl is a hot mess and has been for w while now.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Can't rep Hough, but that comment was spot on. I totally agree with CM, but I'm gonna derail his comment for a sec. Only on the Indiana Gun Owners forum would the card game referenced be euchre. That's a true Hoosier there.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Can't rep Hough, but that comment was spot on. I totally agree with CM, but I'm gonna derail his comment for a sec. Only on the Indiana Gun Owners forum would the card game referenced be euchre. That's a true Hoosier there.

True that.
    as my kids would say.

Been years since I played but the race card gets thrown around like a Trump card. I am getting sick of it.
    Disagree with POTUS and you are a racist.
    Call this girl and her disfunctional family out and you are a Racist.
    Say Mike Brown was doing wrong and yes, again, Racist.
    I am sick to death of this crap.
    Shove the card up your a$$ and face up to the reality that your behavior is un-acceptable. Man/Woman up and get involved with your children. Raise them as children not dogs.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

I was going to get this for you but the Rep. NAZI's have me as well.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    True that.
    as my kids would say.

Been years since I played but the race card gets thrown around like a Trump card. I am getting sick of it.
    Disagree with POTUS and you are a racist.
    Call this girl and her disfunctional family out and you are a Racist.
    Say Mike Brown was doing wrong and yes, again, Racist.
    I am sick to death of this crap.
    Shove the card up your a$$ and face up to the reality that your behavior is un-acceptable. Man/Woman up and get involved with your children. Raise them as children not dogs.

What a lot of people don't get is the purpose of this political correct mantra in the bigger picture. I'd go into more detail but I would get called a racist by the very people who detest use of the race card.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    What a lot of people don't get is the purpose of this political correct mantra in the bigger picture. I'd go into more detail but I would get called a racist by the very people who detest use of the race card.

If people who detest the use of the race card are going to call you out on you opinion about this "bigger picture," theory you have, odd are, it probably IS racist.
    You're amongst a very large group of conservatives, so if you're going too hold your tongue around this group, odds are you probably should keep your thoughts to yourself when dealing with the general public.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

I would certainly agree that a father is important, but it's odd that the ONLY time a father is brought up is cases like this. And like you said, the only reason you even brought it up on Facebook was for fun. The age of understanding is not what it used to be and kids understand the difference between right and wrong at a very young age. It doesn't necessarily take a man to teach a child to differentiate between the two. I've seen many people who grow up to be responsible citizens without a father.

How about this? The girl committed a crime and should be punished within the limits of the law? The media feeds its audience what they want with interviews with family members and the ratings go up as the discussions and comments go on and on with, "Did you hear what she said?" and "See, there is no father in the picture, so..." Again, I've not watched the video, but according to the input of others, she appears to be a criminal who needs to be dealt with, period.

Last edited:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I would certainly agree that a father is impourtand, but it's odd that the ONLY time a father is brought up is cases like this. And like you said, the only reason you even brought it up on Facebook was for fun. The age of understanding is not what it used to be and kids understand the difference between right and wrong at a very young age. It doesn't necessarilty take a man to teach a child to differentiate between the two. I've seen many people who grow up to be responsible citizens without a father.

How about this? The girl committed a crime and should be punished within the limits of the law? The media feeds its audience what they want with interviews with family members and the ratings go up as the discussions and comments go on and on with, "Did you hear what she said?" and "See, there is no father in the picture, so..." Again, I've not watched the video, but according to the input of others, she appears to be a criminal who needs to be dealt with, period.

To be clear, I did not bring it up for "fun", I was referring to facebook arguments as "fun". I do not find the lack of a father in the home or the loss of an intact family (or the failure to create one to begin with) as remotely amusing, though I will admit that there are times when I will try to deal with tragedy (and this is a profound tragedy) with some measure of humor.

Unfortunately, absent fathers are a problem as to many issues and as a person who hold his status as "Dad" in higher regard than anything in his life other than "husband" and "forgiven follower", I will point it out wherever I see it as a problem. Everything from poverty, to lack of education, to violence, to disfunctional relationships and eventually divorce or being absent from your own kid's lives goes back to the lack of an intact family. There are numerous other factor, but this is a prominent one.

Great people come out of 1 parent households, no doubt. I know them. We all do. Let's take for granted that 90+% of kids who grow up in single parent households turn out great. I don't know what the statistics are, but I'll accept that. That does not change the fact that when we look at the population where kids go off the rails or have some sort of significant trauma in their lives, OVERWHELMINGLY, there is NOT an intact, nuclear family. That is not a coincidence. Further, I have seen nothing to suggest that the lack of an intact family is any less traumatic on kids of one race versus another.

This girl is a criminal who needs to be dealt with, but I hate to see us writing off a teenager as unsalvageable (I won't!) and I hate to see us not trying to chip away at the edges of what leads to anti-social and self-destructive behavior. ONE of the factors is the lack of an intact family and that factor is my hobby horse because I believe it leads to so many other problems.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    yeah, we stood our own ground. I had 3 sisters and a brother that were constantly in trouble around the area. It was a weekly thing. At least once a week and sometimes more.
    I could not start one or face the wrath of "Dad" but I had better end any I found myself in.

Not me. I'm a lifelong coward. It's amazing how many beat-downs you can avoid with a little lunch money or some freshly baked brownies.

On a serious note, is no one else actually interested in the cookout idea, or am I on the ignore lists of everyone who might be interested? No one has responded.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Fathers have been the traditional providers for families. The last 3 or 4 generations have been told that fathers aren't necessary. The family can be provided for by the Great Daddy, .gov and that means everything from food to housing to medical care...everything.

Great Daddy.gov has destroyed the family and as for the younguns, that's all they know. It's a shame, really. So much potential but not much incentive, if any. Their aren't enough good role models.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Not me. I'm a lifelong coward. It's amazing how many beat-downs you can avoid with a little lunch money or some freshly baked brownies.

On a serious note, is no one else actually interested in the cookout idea, or am I on the ignore lists of everyone who might be interested? No one has responded.

I responded in this thread. Is there a stand alone cookout thread?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    To be clear, I did not bring it up for "fun", I was referring to facebook arguments as "fun". I do not find the lack of a father in the home or the loss of an intact family (or the failure to create one to begin with) as remotely amusing, though I will admit that there are times when I will try to deal with tragedy (and this is a profound tragedy) with some measure of humor.

Unfortunately, absent fathers are a problem as to many issues and as a person who hold his status as "Dad" in higher regard than anything in his life other than "husband" and "forgiven follower", I will point it out wherever I see it as a problem. Everything from poverty, to lack of education, to violence, to disfunctional relationships and eventually divorce or being absent from your own kid's lives goes back to the lack of an intact family. There are numerous other factor, but this is a prominent one.

Great people come out of 1 parent households, no doubt. I know them. We all do. Let's take for granted that 90+% of kids who grow up in single parent households turn out great. I don't know what the statistics are, but I'll accept that. That does not change the fact that when we look at the population where kids go off the rails or have some sort of significant trauma in their lives, OVERWHELMINGLY, there is NOT an intact, nuclear family. That is not a coincidence. Further, I have seen nothing to suggest that the lack of an intact family is any less traumatic on kids of one race versus another.

This girl is a criminal who needs to be dealt with, but I hate to see us writing off a teenager as unsalvageable (I won't!) and I hate to see us not trying to chip away at the edges of what leads to anti-social and self-destructive behavior. ONE of the factors is the lack of an intact family and that factor is my hobby horse because I believe it leads to so many other problems.

I hold your opinions in high regard, even though we have never met. However, attributing the level of violence a person demonstrates to the lack of a father in the home is nothing but an excuse, in my humble opinion. I am certainly not one who would write the girl off, but approaching her from a level of sorrow and empathy is the wrong direction. She needs to be treated like a criminal in order for her to see the error of her ways. As long as she can point back to poverty, one-parent home, lack of education, etc., as the reason for her self-inflicted plight, she will always believe society owes her another chance, because it is not her fault.

Top Bottom