Girl and her little brother attacked in Indy. (Brookside park)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    By the same token, why would her knowing some other girl justify an attack?
    If you've already decided to attack, one reason is as good as another. "He didn't know the square root of 169 so I beat him up."

I don't know how it was when you guys were kids, but it wasn't unknown to me that when a kid felt slighted by another, but didn't have it in them to confront them, another kid would fight on their behalf. This is how it seems to play out to me.

USMC-FF

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    New Palestine
    I don't know how it was when you guys were kids, but it wasn't unknown to me that when a kid felt slighted by another, but didn't have it in them to confront them, another kid would fight on their behalf. This is how it seems to play out to me.
    When I was a kid we put our own work in. Nobody did my dirty work. At the same time I wasn't going out looking for a fight or instigating a fight cause I knew my dad would find out! Needless to say I got a much worse beating from my old man when I got home! So I didn't get in to many fights!

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    If a white person said it about a "white park," before or after beating a non-white victim, there wouldn't be any question.
    If she said it about the "black park," that makes it a racist attack.
    Or does she just get a pass because of her race?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If a white person said it about a "white park," before or after beating a non-white victim, there wouldn't be any question.
    If she said it about the "black park," that makes it a racist attack.
    Or does she just get a pass because of her race?

So you think if the victim was black, she wouldn't have been attacked? I think she was attacked based on her relationship with the other girl (the one who isn't the attacker). For as violent an attack this was, where are the racial slurs if this attack was based solely on race? I can't think of a racial attack by anybody where the victim isn't belittled because of their race. But it seems to be absent here. All you have is an "if," which gets played around here often. "If" doesn't make it so.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    So you think if the victim was black, she wouldn't have been attacked? I think she was attacked based on her relationship with the other girl (the one who isn't the attacker). For as violent an attack this was, where are the racial slurs if this attack was based solely on race? I can't think of a racial attack by anybody where the victim isn't belittled because of their race. But it seems to be absent here. All you have is an "if," which gets played around here often. "If" doesn't make it so.

You just can't bring yourself to believe this was a race beat down, how about when a group of black guys decide to play the knock out game, guessing the white guy just happened to be the wrong guy at the wrong time?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You just can't bring yourself to believe this was a race beat down, how about when a group of black guys decide to play the knock out game, guessing the white guy just happened to be the wrong guy at the wrong time?

It MAY have been a racial attack, but that has not been proven. If a Mexican guy works on my car, and does such a crappy job, that I look for him to beat him up, if after I find him, and whip his butt, I then refer to him with a racial slur, is the attack racially motivated?

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I don't have the time or inclination to check every video of the beat-down and, even if I did, if the timing didn't fit your requirements, it wouldn't prove anything to you.

I don't really care whether it was racial or not, but if the races of the crowd and victim were reversed, there wouldn't be any question, no matter what was said or when.
    And I would be in the front row saying the gang of white kids was absolutely wrong for not stopping the attack.
    Different standards for different groups?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It MAY have been a racial attack, but that has not been proven. If a Mexican guy works on my car, and does such a crappy job, that I look for him to beat him up, if after I find him, and whip his butt, I then refer to him with a racial slur, is the attack racially motivated?

Why would you beat up a mechanic that did a crappy job. Just get the job reimbursed or fixed.

Do you have anger issues? Are you a volatile man looking for a fight? :P

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis

Yes, because of the racial slur.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    All I can say is that whether the park attack was racially motivated or not (and use of a slur is evidence, but not conclusive), this girl is an equal opportunity offender. The girl she punched in the head with the brass knuckles is black, so I don't think this girl is the youth arm of a coming race war. She a mixed up, violent, evil, person. She is not, however, beyond hope, as I firmly believe that no one is.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Ok, then I understand you pov. I think it's a higher bar.

It's the standard to which many are held.
    The filter won't let me type a word that means "not generous, stingy" which cost a man his job. It won't even allow a link to the Wikipedia article about the incident. You can follow the link below, discover the word, and then research it further, if you like.
    Washingtonpost.com: Williams Aide Resigns in Language Dispute
    Yeah, that's the standard I had to work under; maybe you were given more lee-way with the words you used.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The filter won't let me type a word that means "not generous, stingy" which cost a man his job. It won't even allow a link to the Wikipedia article about the incident. You can follow the link below, discover the word, and then research it further, if you like.
    Yeah, that's the standard I had to work under; maybe you were given more lee-way with the words you used.

It won't allow *****rdly?

Wow, I guess not....Looks like the filter can't spell.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    When I was a kid we put our own work in. Nobody did my dirty work. At the same time I wasn't going out looking for a fight or instigating a fight cause I knew my dad would find out! Needless to say I got a much worse beating from my old man when I got home! So I didn't get in to many fights!

yeah, we stood our own ground. I had 3 sisters and a brother that were constantly in trouble around the area. It was a weekly thing. At least once a week and sometimes more.
    I could not start one or face the wrath of "Dad" but I had better end any I found myself in.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

That's not even a racial slur. Whoever he worked for, was an idiot. It may be unfair, but it's a bad practice to adopt the techniques of idiots.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    yeah, we stood our own ground. I had 3 sisters and a brother that were constantly in trouble around the area. It was a weekly thing. At least once a week and sometimes more.
    I could not start one or face the wrath of "Dad" but I had better end any I found myself in.

So you guys have NEVER seen someone beat someone else up, on behalf of another? And I'm not talking men defending a woman's honor.

Top Bottom