• ...and so much more!
  • BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I just used some Winchester LPP's that I bought in 2006 for $20.00 / 1,000. With inflation, the price wouldn't be more than $32.00 today. We reloaders are being taken for a ride. I suppose that we are such a small group, we'll never have a voice loud enough to have any impact. I also suppose that some hoarders are buying more primers than they'll every use at current high prices ($90.00/ 1,000) and that will support the current outrageous high prices.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    Nearly everything has gone up, a lot. There is currently stock on the shelves & available online abundantly.

The good thing is that more people are shooting, buying guns, buying ammo & reloading than 2006. It has increased demand but the more that are involved in the industry the better.

One thing to consider, in 2006 the silver average closing price was $11.55.
    2024 (so far) average closing price is $27.32.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Nearly everything has gone up, a lot. There is currently stock on the shelves & available online abundantly.

The good thing is that more people are shooting, buying guns, buying ammo & reloading than 2006. It has increased demand but the more that are involved in the industry the better.

One thing to consider, in 2006 the silver average closing price was $11.55.
    2024 (so far) average closing price is $27.32.
    Gold has skyrocketed, but that has little to do with consumer prices. The inflation rate for those 18 years is around 56%. Some gun powder companies have quit selling most of their products to civilian reloaders, even though powder prices have doubled. It's bad enough that we are paying so much for food, clothing, gas and shelter. We reloaders are really getting the short end of the stick from companies who used to be concerned about us as customers.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Funny how lead and jacketed bullets from smaller bullet companies like Rocky and Delta bullet prices really haven't changed much for quite a few years now.
    Wholesale scrap lead is as cheap now as it was 20 years ago.

When Star bullet co was running in Indy a box of 500 jacketed 9mm bullets were about 32 to 35 bucks per 500 back then. 124 gn jacketed 9mm's from Rocky are 100 bucks a 1,000 delivered today.

I'm going to go with, the distributors and the dealers are nowdays making a better profit margin on reloading equipment and consumables than they have ever made. Long ago selling reloading needs was a sideline for most as being a convenience to its customer base.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'm thinking more like $35.00, when this ammo can be produced, shipped to the USA pay tariffs and still be $49.00/ 1,000.https://normausa.com/product/small-pistol-primers/
    My estimation was a starting point of $35/1000 right before this mess started.

Top Bottom