Girl and her little brother attacked in Indy. (Brookside park)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BFP

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2014
    Seymour
    My daughter's Softball team used to practice at Brookside Park, it has been a zoo over there for years. I NEVER took her to practice without a weapon. We also had a State Police detective dad on the team who had to run off more than one misfit. Lets hope that if this hood rat does this again, she picks the wrong person.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I would rather see her reformed than injured, as I think most would, but I fear that is unlikely.
    Still, "Great thing can be affected by a few souls well conducted."

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    My daughter's Softball team used to practice at Brookside Park, it has been a zoo over there for years. I NEVER took her to practice without a weapon. We also had a State Police detective dad on the team who had to run off more than one misfit. Lets hope that if this hood rat does this again, she picks the wrong person.

I think there are better things to hope, for a 15 year old, than picking the "wrong person." How about, the criminal justice system coming down hard on this girl, and hoping that she sees the light, and straightens up?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I think there are better things to hope, for a 15 year old, than picking the "wrong person." How about, the criminal justice system coming down hard on this girl, and hoping that she sees the light, and straightens up?

Agreed, but given that she got this way being raised in the home she's likely going back to.....

USMC-FF

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    New Palestine
    Do you really think the justice system is going to really reform this girl? I've see very few children reformed through our justice system without the proper guidance at home. This all could have been corrected or prevented with proper discipline and education at home! This is very sad and as with most people very concerned where the youth of today is heading!

And while I'm on my soapbox, I'm sick and tired of parents making excuses of their children's poor behavior! PTSD!? Please! That's just another excuse to play being a victim! Rant off!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Do you really think the justice system is going to really reform this girl? I've see very few children reformed through our justice system without the proper guidance at home. This all could have been corrected or prevented with proper discipline and education at home! This is very sad and as with most people very concerned where the youth of today is heading!

And while I'm on my soapbox, I'm sick and tired of parents making excuses of their children's poor behavior! PTSD!? Please! That's just another excuse to play being a victim! Rant off!

Do I think it will? I don't know. Can she be rehabilitated? Again, I don't know. At 15, should there be an attempt to set her on the right course? Yes.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Just to play Devil's advocate, it isn't always possible to correct a child's bad behavior. Some parents do everything right and their kids turn out to be screw-ups, drug addicts or criminals.

I don't know how the parent(s) are raising this young girl, but to think that all of a given child's behavior issues are controlled by parents or correctable is simply naive.

The world is full of good parents trying and failing to control rowdy children. They can't always do it alone.

USMC-FF

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    New Palestine
    Do I think it will? I don't know. Can she be rehabilitated? Again, I don't know. At 15, should there be an attempt to set her on the right course? Yes.
    I'm not sure either, but judging from her past it appears as the answer to your question is no!

As per her grandmother she has been in and out of the juvenile justice system since age 10. Now I'm not sure, but I'm quite positive that she received some type of anger management while she was in the criminal justice system. And I really don't think she was receiving the proper guidance at home either. I'm all about attempting to give her proper education and guidance. And hopefully she can be a productive member of society. But given her past, I'm not going to hold my breath! This is truly sad and from what I've seen is all to common in today's youth! It all starts at home at a very early age.

USMC-FF

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    New Palestine
    Just to play Devil's advocate, it isn't always possible to correct a child's bad behavior. Some parents do everything right and their kids turn out to be screw-ups, drug addicts or criminals.

I don't know how the parent(s) are raising this young girl, but to think that all of a given child's behavior issues are controlled by parents or correctable is simply naive.

The world is full of good parents trying and failing to control rowdy children. They can't always do it alone.

You're right! Some kids just turn out to be bad kids. But I see a lot more bad kids due to bad parenting. Now I'm just going off the recent media release of grandmother and mom claiming that they've done everything they possible could do to help this 14 year old girl out. I also saw them claim PTSD for this 14 year olds behavior. Now I think this is nothing more than an excuse and they have a big part in the reason this kid turned out the way she did!

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere

In that news article they're still acting like it was a surprise that it happened and how could they just stand around and watch.

This rabid pack of yutes waited for a victim, saw one, and attacked. Some running to stop their prey others running to catch up and film it. They are all guilty of the attack, they just used the crazy one to do the beating because they knew it would be good theater.

Last edited:

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    So this attack happened why? Not sure it was because the victim was white.
    Nobody knows for sure yet. The one girl could have sneezed on her attacker while passing her in the halls of their school. But, if I had to guess, that girl was bored with her crew and (knowing her violent tendencies) decided that a "Brookside Beatdown" was the thing to do. Wish she would have just chosen one of her homies though.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I thought the soundtrack of the video had the attacker saying, "That's what she gets for coming into a black park."

She may have said that, but I'm not sure that inspired the attack. The attacking girl, asked the victim, if she knew some other girl right? That kinda points to this not being some random attack based on skin color. Why would she ask that before attacking the girl?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    She may have said that, but I'm not sure that inspired the attack. The attacking girl, asked the victim, if she knew some other girl right? That kinda points to this not being some random attack based on skin color. Why would she ask that before attacking the girl?
    Why would she mention "black park" if not racially motivated?

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis

By the same token, why would her knowing some other girl justify an attack?
    If you've already decided to attack, one reason is as good as another. "He didn't know the square root of 169 so I beat him up."

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    By the same token, why would her knowing some other girl justify an attack?
    If you've already decided to attack, one reason is as good as another. "He didn't know the square root of 169 so I beat him up."

In case anyone here is feeling threatened, 13.

Top Bottom