General June 2011 Indy 1500 Discussion Goes Here!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    As long as the lower is in spec and put together with a good parts kit, it should work fine for you. I've built a handful of lowers and one I couldn't get to work no matter what I did. As it turns out, it was the parts kit that was out of spec. The manufacturer (not the dealer) was at the 1500 and they took 30 seconds to look at it, apologized for the error and told me to swing by in an hour to pick up my lower with a brand new parts kit installed.

The booth I'm working at this weekend should have a few Tactical Innovations AR-15 forged lowers. They're a little bit different than the average lower in that they have their rear detents built into the lower with a capture screw holding in the detent so you can change stocks easily and without screaming "Oh :poop:!" like I did every time I've built a lower. They also have a tension screw set built into the lower that will eliminate any slop that may occur when you're putting it on an upper. It works similar to an Accuwedge but without a goofy piece of plastic insert in your rifle.

If we can help you out, let me know.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.6%
    41   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Anybody know if the knife sharpening booth will be there? I went laden with knives last time and couldn't find him!

irishfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    in your head
    Is the guy with the Berkey water filters and all of the flashlights there this time? He is usually in the corner of the far left room at the last two 1500's

jvanvorst

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2010
    Can I bring my dog to the 1500?

I am in Indy tonight (Fri 6/3) and tomorrow, but I have my DOG wit me. I'd love to come to the 1500 for a while but have no place to leave her. Will they allow her? Just askin'.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    My plan is to try and get there as close to 8am as possible in the morning. I've had kind of a rough day say we'll see how it goes. Me wants one of dem INGO special CRKT knives!

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Will there be room on the table for me to bring a few of the toys from my videos with me to show? No more than two SBR's.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Yup, I'll be there from noon until 1pm tomorrow. I'll probably stick around a little longer but I'll have my 2.5 year old son and pregnant wife with me, so I probably won't stick around too much past 2pm or so. But do swing by the booth, I am shooting for an 11:30am arrival.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    You are only there for an hour-ish?!?! Dang....better set my alarm....
    Put it this way, I'm only there until the wife looks at me in disgust and says, "we're leaving". My son is well into the terrible twos and I'm obligated to bring them along since I'm gone just about every weekend... cough-cough... "working" on my videos. :D

What time do you think you can make it there?

Top Bottom