• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Looking at the “per capita” numbers we really aren’t that far off from France.. (1.3 vs 6.4) I wouldn’t want to help make up the difference but the numbers are fairly close. And per capita numbers get you CLOSE but I think population density plays a big role also and it is swept under the rug with per capita being the end all.

Ok. Compare Paris to a similar sized city / density in the US.

Respectfully, you can't have a per capita murder rate of over 1. Per capita is per person.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Still not much reports on the kid's car.
    Apparently a Mercedes AMG costing up to $80,000 and registered in Poland.

S0-mercedes-amg-classe-a-35-un-prix-de-50-400-eur-569831.jpg

The kid was a pizza delivery boy.
    I assume he delivered pizza on a bike, or a scooter, since he was 17 and couldn't get a driver's licence in.

Lots of tips? :dunno:

He was arrested and charged over 15 times already.
    Several times for failure to stop, dealing stolen goods, using fake licence plates, drug charges etc.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Ok. Compare Paris to a similar sized city / density in the US.

Respectfully, you can't have a per capita murder rate of over 1. Per capita is per person.
    Per 100k sorry I just think a lot is lost using only that as the benchmark.

Attachments

• DD661486-0B9A-49AA-9D85-5ED7498233A5.png
      DD661486-0B9A-49AA-9D85-5ED7498233A5.png
      649.5 KB · Views: 9

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I'm not sure I understand your question.
    Are you asking about drug trafficking in large cities/suburbs?

A disturbing trend where a drug fueled, violent, wealth generating culture produces a near sicilian omerta blocking the citizens outside the culture from doing much about it.

I'm not well traveled so outside of mexico I don't know how pervasive it is.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

Looks like both are safe as Mumsy's arms, then. Who wants to bet the riots don't move the needle, despite the media putting the worst in front of you? I have no idea how wide spread it really is, but we all know reporters kneel in the water to make the floods worse and never show you two blocks over or zoom out to show the full crowd if it makes it more dramatic.

Makes you wonder why NYC is so different than Atlanta, Chicago, LA, etc. in terms of numbers, although since 2018 they've closed the gap a bit, IIRC.

..and agreed, per capita is just one tool to suss out information. The numbers that apply to everyone don't apply to any given "one".

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    France is reaping the harvest of 232 years of La Marseillaise. Ya want fraternité, then ya get it by the fist full...

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    I went out to several stores in my area.
    No trace of riots or looting whatsoever.
    It's business as usual.

If you watch the news you think the entire country is on fire.

"A total of 492 buildings were damaged, 2,000 vehicles burned and 3,880 fires started nationwide on Thursday night as mainly teenage rioters again torched buildings, cars and buses and looted shops across France."

1688229582525.png

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

"A total of 492 buildings were damaged, 2,000 vehicles burned and 3,880 fires started nationwide on Thursday night as mainly teenage rioters again torched buildings, cars and buses and looted shops across France."

View attachment 284482
    I'm not saying it's fine.
    I'm just not worried one bit for my own safety.
    Nothing happening in my area and those numbers are pretty low for a country of over 67 million people (with over 38 million cars).
    The entire country is not on fire.

Same way I bet you don't lose sleep over the 2,600 shootings (and over 600 homicides) that took place in Chicago alone last year.
    That's actually rookie numbers for Chicago as it was 20% higher last year.

The situation in the entire country off France is actually less concerning than crime in one single major US city.

I think so far in 1 looter died by falling off a roof.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think it's better to compare areas that have a similar metro size within a region that has a similar distribution of rural, suburban, and urban populations, along with income levels. Because violence tends to highly correlate with poverty.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Nothing happening in my area and those numbers are pretty low for a country of over 67 million people (with over 38 million cars).

Same way I bet you don't lose sleep over the 2,600 shootings (and over 600 homicides) that took place in Chicago alone last year.

The situation in the entire country off France is actually less concerning than crime in one single major US city.

Quite a difference between thugs shooting each other, no matter the numbers, and thugs ransacking infrastructure and property, threatening a society’s stability. No one here is calling out 45,000 police and armored vehicles because some fentanyl dealers are having a room temperature challenge contest.

Maybe your personal safety isn’t the best gauge here.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

In the US during the George Floyd riots, people who lived away from big cities didn't really see much violence. I live maybe ~15 miles from where the riots were in the biggest city near me, and while I'd be worried if I lived in the urban areas, I don't, so I wasn't worried.

I was just appalled at the violence people are willing to do for the sake of their cultural war. To the individuals within the masses, they thought they were fighting police injustice. They were just playing the part of useful idiots for people who want a revolution. I'm not sure what the politics are there exactly. I just know what I've seen reported, an unarmed person got shot by police for a traffic stop. If I heard that story here, I'd be strongly skeptical of that narrative because here it would likely be bull **** to me.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    More of this Frenchie bully beatdown needs to be happening of the right of the people to quell domestic terrorists.

1/6 didn’t turn out so well. When Antifa does it the media either denies it or justifies it. It’s people on the right that get labeled domestic terrorists.

Top Bottom