• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    And at which point do you start stacking them like cordwood until the rest decide they wont want to be the one stacked?

There has to be a point at which you have to do uncomfortable things or else your country is literally destroyed beyond repair because you are outnumbered and unable to calm things down through normal means.

Do they just stand by and allow the country to be turned into a 3rd world sh**hole like Somalia?

Its a definite no win situation.
    The US doesn't even have the stomach for that, France surely wouldn't.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The US doesn't even have the stomach for that, France surely wouldn't.
    Meh. But France I assume has fewer pesky things like a constitution that might allow them to do something severe easier.

The fewer laws you have to break the easier it will be to do.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I guess nowadays it really matters to me what the initial stop was over….. driving without a mask? Not following the arrows on the ground at the grocery store?
    Shouldn't really matter. If you don't allow police to profile the threat but still require them to mitigate it, then they're going to stop people for ANY violation just so they can take a look at them

The way to have the best odds of not getting shot is to do what you're told and keep your hands in sight. Like we always say, argue about the nuances in court not at the side of the road and don't expect much leeway if you already have wants and warrants (don't know if the kid did, but also don't know what else might motivate him to try to drive off under those circumstances)

Immaterial if you are stopped for 22 in a 20, you make the police think you're trying to harm or kill them the chances of a bad
    outcome (for you) have just gone way up

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    On my phone, Yahoo #1 headline line is about the supreme court striking down student loans debt relief!
    NPR is still calling them 'fiery protests', but even the NYT is calling them riots now. When it started, predictably, the propaganda outlets that kneejerk_36 was defending were all calling them 'protests'

We've seen this movie before

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Shouldn't really matter. If you don't allow police to profile the threat but still require them to mitigate it, then they're going to stop people for ANY violation just so they can take a look at them

The way to have the best odds of not getting shot is to do what you're told and keep your hands in sight. Like we always say, argue about the nuances in court not at the side of the road and don't expect much leeway if you already have wants and warrants (don't know if the kid did, but also don't know what else might motivate him to try to drive off under those circumstances)

Immaterial if you are stopped for 22 in a 20, you make the police think you're trying to harm or kill them the chances of a bad
    outcome (for you) have just gone way up
    It does matter. You’re telling me police have NEVER done anything wrong? Just because it is a law doesn’t make it right and the outcome going in with them maybe a worse fate than trying to run?

the side of the “law” has not always been the right side of history…… civil rights…. Nazis… any communist country….

I don’t deal in any absolutes so to say this guy should not have tried to run isn’t for any of us to decide. But unfortunately for this guy we will only hear one side of the story, and we won’t know his intentions wether innocent or nefarious.

I am not anti law enforcement.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Dude try to run me down (or give me cause to think that's what's going on), results are going to be the same. Decisions have consequences

Maybe make better decisions so they don't end up dead
    I agree. But to say it is “always” better to comply is not correct.

there are consequences to be had by BOTH sides if you stand in front of and block a car for not wearing a seat belt… you’re (as the officer) putting your life at risk over something stupid

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I agree. But to say it is “always” better to comply is not correct.

there are consequences to be had by BOTH sides if you stand in front of and block a car for not wearing a seat belt… you’re (as the officer) putting your life at risk over something stupid
    Equally, if not more so, if you try to run down an armed LEO who is blocking your car because you in fact were breaking a law and can be stopped for same, you put your life at risk lost your life over something stupid

It's a low percentage move

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    Equally, if not more so, if you try to run down an armed LEO who is blocking your car because you in fact were breaking a law and can be stopped for same, you put your life at risk lost your life over something stupid

It's a low percentage move
    Lot's of things to be said in agreement with your comment Bug.
    2 come to mind real quick
    1. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    2. FAFO.

In my 55 years of dealing with Leo's (mostly while driving) I have found common courtesy, respect, and honesty makes a big difference in the outcome (whether or not you agree with the why or law).

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I guess nowadays it really matters to me what the initial stop was over….. driving without a mask? Not following the arrows on the ground at the grocery store?

The article linked in the OP reports it was allegedly that, "He initially failed to stop after the Mercedes AMG he was driving was spotted in a bus lane. Two police officers caught up with the car in a traffic jam."

Also in the article:

"The officer has acknowledged firing a lethal shot, the prosecutor said, telling investigators he wanted to prevent a car chase, fearing he or another person would be hurt after the teenager allegedly committed several traffic violations.

The officer's lawyer, Laurent-Franck Lienard, said his client had asked for the victim's family to forgive him. He said the officer had aimed down towards the driver's leg but was bumped, causing him to shoot towards his chest."

Further details will emerge I suppose.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    The article linked in the OP reports it was allegedly that, "He initially failed to stop after the Mercedes AMG he was driving was spotted in a bus lane. Two police officers caught up with the car in a traffic jam."

Also in the article:

"The officer has acknowledged firing a lethal shot, the prosecutor said, telling investigators he wanted to prevent a car chase, fearing he or another person would be hurt after the teenager allegedly committed several traffic violations.

The officer's lawyer, Laurent-Franck Lienard, said his client had asked for the victim's family to forgive him. He said the officer had aimed down towards the driver's leg but was bumped, causing him to shoot towards his chest."

Further details will emerge I suppose.

Wow.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    From what I watched, the driver was resisting arrest and was in the process of driving off. The French officer shot him through the front window.

The driver was driving a rented car without a proper licence.
    He was 17 (need to be 18 in France to get a driver's licence).
    He was driving illegally on a bus lane, ran several stop signs and red lights during the police chase.
    When he was finally pulled over, with a gun pointed at him, he decided to flee.
    Not a smart move.

Of course the very short video just shows the police officer shooting him, not all the dangerous things the kid did before that.

When I get stopped by the police I stop the car, show my valid licence, and wait until the officer is gone to start my engine again ... for some reasons I never get shot.

Top Bottom