• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeffrey

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Central Indiana
    when i first started shooting glocks i went through a similar thing. Takes time to get used too. I would correct the sights if in fact they are off.

I was right there about 8 years ago when I got my g23. Could not hit anything, but now, lots of rounds later, I can't seem to miss. I would give it more time. I've never had one stove pipe or failure to fire, so not sure what to tell you there. Good Luck

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    you rang?:laugh:

as far as this thread goes any gun company worth it's salt should be competent enough to properly put a site on a pistol especially one thats been around the block a few times.:twocents:

:): Internet capable pistols huh? :laugh:

My Night SIGHTS were aftermarket. I had one of our own at Bradis install them for me. I went back today to get them centered. :)

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I was right there about 8 years ago when I got my g23. Could not hit anything, but now, lots of rounds later, I can't seem to miss. I would give it more time. I've never had one stove pipe or failure to fire, so not sure what to tell you there. Good Luck

OH! I was talking with a guy at Bradis today about that StovePipe. It very well could have been an ammo failure. I loaded both extra mags with Independence ammo. (Blazer brass type) He said it could have been that there wasn't enough powder to properly cycle the slide. :dunno: Sounds like the best explaination to me.

Also, I found out that the mags made during the Gen2 glocks were just a tad shorter than the Gen3 mags. That's why the new mags stick out just a tiny bit. Anyone else with a Gen2 Glock 19 notice new mags have a gap between the bottom of the mag and the bottom of the grip?

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Discussing the realities of the firearm isn't "anti-Glock," though I'll grant that the offer to encase one in concrete may be nudging that line a little bit :D

the realities?

I can use my sub $500 Glock as a fighting pistol. I can drop it in mud, sand or dirt and it will fire. I can step on the mags, pick them up, insert them in the well and fire away. I can bury it, drop it from a plane, drag it behind a truck and pick it up and still fire it. The same can be said of the XD's, M&P's, USP's and probably the Ruger and the Kahr polymers.

I guess I like my reality :rockwoot:

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    :): Internet capable pistols huh? :laugh:

My Night SIGHTS were aftermarket. I had one of our own at Bradis install them for me. I went back today to get them centered. :)

ok I admit brain fart but you didn't say in your OP that you had aftermarket SIGHTS put in, I was going on the assumption of factory SIGHTS.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    since this is your thread, what sights did you go with?

It was kinda messed up how it happened. It was suppose to come to me with night sights, but they weren't. The guy was gracious enough to order me a set of Ameriglo Tritiums and have them shipped to me. :thumbsup:

ok I admit brain fart but you didn't say in your OP that you had aftermarket SIGHTS put in, I was going on the assumption of factory SIGHTS.

:stickpoke:

Sorry, I had to. You understand. :D

Oh, on the reliablity issue....

Has anyone ever done these same tests they do to the Glock with other pistols? If they haven't been done to other pistols how do we know they can't take it too? :dunno:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    It was kinda messed up how it happened. It was suppose to come to me with night sights, but they weren't. The guy was gracious enough to order me a set of Ameriglo Tritiums and have them shipped to me. :thumbsup:

:stickpoke:

Sorry, I had to. You understand. :D

Oh, on the reliablity issue....

Has anyone ever done these same tests they do to the Glock with other pistols? If they haven't been done to other pistols how do we know they can't take it too? :dunno:

Even the cheapo RIA has been torture tested, and passed with flying colors, and the Hipoint has survived tests that would make the Glock blush. The others have been tested, but not with the same frequency as the Glock. Glock owners seem to hate their guns, but are passive aggressive about it so they won't admit it. Instead, the "test" 'em :rolleyes: I'm sure you understand, now, why that is so :D

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Even the cheapo RIA has been torture tested, and passed with flying colors, and the Hipoint has survived tests that would make the Glock blush. The others have been tested, but not with the same frequency as the Glock. Glock owners seem to hate their guns, but are passive aggressive about it so they won't admit it. Instead, the "test" 'em :rolleyes: I'm sure you understand, now, why that is so :D

Really? Got any links to these torture tests? I'm not talking about firing a thousand rounds through them, I'm talking about getting them combat dirty and having them work.

I'd love to see this :popcorn:

It's it's true, then I'll start saving my money for one.

I don't hate my gun in any fashion, I trust it with my life.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Really? Got any links to these torture tests? I'm not talking about firing a thousand rounds through them, I'm talking about getting them combat dirty and having them work.

I'd love to see this :popcorn:

It's it's true, then I'll start saving my money for one.

I don't hate my gun in any fashion, I trust it with my life.

Google is your friend. Use it... the mental exercise might dry up some of the koolaid you are being particularly obnoxious with tonight.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Google wasn't working for, all I got was your post about your new used RIA not firing a cheap mag, nor working with Blazer brass...

and of course I get obnoxious the minute the 1911 crew jump in a glock conversation and tell us all about how bad our triggers are and that they need to be tossed in a bucket of concrete.

I need no koolaid, my Glock fires everything I put in it, every time I pull the trigger.

Some people can't stand my ugly, cheap gun that just works. Still don't know why they care so much.

I do think your RIA is sexy though, I kind like the not-high dollar models.

Last edited:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Google wasn't working for, all I got was your post about your new used RIA not firing a cheap mag, nor working with Blazer brass...

and of course I get obnoxious the minute the 1911 crew jump in a glock conversation and tell us all about how bad our triggers are and that they need to be tossed in a bucket of concrete.

I need no koolaid, my Glock fires everything I put in it, every time I pull the trigger.

Some people can't stand my ugly, cheap gun that just works. Still don't know why they care so much.

"Blazer" and "Blazer Brass" are not the same thing.

Like I said, discussing the REAL attributes and shortcomings of various guns isn't dumping on them. Sorry, dude, but Glock triggers AREN'T the world's best. If you cannot handle a fact oriented discussion about guns, I really don't know what you are doing here.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    I have a Glock 19 and a 1911 Colt Series 70.

If I were to go to into combat I am taking.....

wait for it......

The Beretta 92fs :D

(ok the G19 would go to IWB)

I don't want to get my Colt dirty.

The one thats the most fun to shoot is the 1911 but I carry the Glock 24/7

I shoot all my guns extremly well.:shoot:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    "Blazer" and "Blazer Brass" are not the same thing.

Like I said, discussing the REAL attributes and shortcomings of various guns isn't dumping on them. Sorry, dude, but Glock triggers AREN'T the world's best. If you cannot handle a fact oriented discussion about guns, I really don't know what you are doing here.

gotcha, but still didn't find the torture test you were talking about.

Pretty sure nobody claimed the glock trigger was anywhere near the best. If it was, I wouldn't have to polish it up and do the trigger job on it.

But again, SE was asking about his G19 and the 1911 herd comes running in to bash Glocks for no other reason to tell us all how wonderful their 1911's are.

You speak of "fact oriented discussion", what haven't I been factual about? :dunno: What does anyone's 1911 have anything to do with SE's glock?

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Do you really want a match trigger on a carry gun?

I didn't know the answer to that until Sunday at the range with my new carry gun.
    My XD45C is now a house gun and my 1911 SA LW Champion Operator has become my new carry.
    The difference in the trigger is amazing. I'm of the school that my finger doesn't enter the trigger guard until I have "Sights on". In that instance I want the best trigger available to keep sights on target.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    I didn't know the answer to that until Sunday at the range with my new carry gun.
    My XD45C is now a house gun and my 1911 SA LW Champion Operator has become my new carry.
    The difference in the trigger is amazing. I'm of the school that my finger doesn't enter the trigger guard until I have "Sights on". In that instance I want the best trigger available to keep sights on target.
    That's exactly my rationale, and exactly why I have a 3.5 lb. trigger on my Glock 30, one of my two primary carry guns. (The other being a Kimber Pro Carry, since I'm an equal-opportunity gun lover - including both Glocks and 1911s).

Top Bottom