• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    OOOOK. Since it's obvious this thread is no longer going to bare any fruit, adios and vaya con dios.

lewisjt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99.1%
    113   1   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Hancock Co.
    Your good to go with the G17 mag in the 19. Can also use the non practical but fun G18 33 round mag:ar15:. I also hated my first glock, but after asking around I figured out the trigger pull and have been in love ever since! Enjoy your G19!

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Shouldn't be worrying about grouping with a Glock... it's a fighting handgun.

Work on hitting a man-size target with double-taps. Focus on the front sight, center mass.

If you want it to be a precision gun, get a Storm Lake barrel, Vanek Trigger Kit and some Dawson sights with have a MUCH smaller front blade and adjustable rear sights.

Glocks weren't meant to shoot 3 inch groups, but I've seen them knock down steel at 100 yards.

Lanser

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Evansville
    If this is a new gun, then be patient with it while it goes through its break-in period. It'll take at least a few hundred rounds. Make sure to clean and oil it faithfully. Once broken in, the trigger will be smoother, it will feed more reliably, and when you factor in the extra experience with it you'll be doing a lot better with it.
    That said, though: If your Baby Eagle is one of the full-sized models, then given that fact and its single action trigger, you will probably always be able to shoot it somewhat better than the G19 (though hopefully not as much so as right now!). But in return, you can hide the G19 under a wide range of clothing, making it a great general-purpose carry gun. As long as you can hit a bad guy with it at combat distances, you're probably in the green.
    If you still decide it's a piece of crap once it's been broken in and you've had some trigger time with it, then by all means sell it and get something that suits you -- that's the ultimate objective.
    Good luck! :patriot:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Figured this thread went way down hill... Glad to see more helpful advice! Thanks guys! I did do some dry fire practice with it last night and was using the dime on the front blade trick... I used a quarter since I didn't have any dimes... only knocked it off once in 20 tries because my neighbor came out and I didn't want to freak them out! :): I think I got the trigger figured out, but man that's different....

Your good to go with the G17 mag in the 19. Can also use the non practical but fun G18 33 round mag:ar15:. I also hated my first glock, but after asking around I figured out the trigger pull and have been in love ever since! Enjoy your G19!

Thanks! I only asked because I thought maybe my two new mags were G17 mags. They're only 15rnds, but since they were longer I wasn't sure. How much longer is the grip on the G17 vs G19?

Shouldn't be worrying about grouping with a Glock... it's a fighting handgun.

Work on hitting a man-size target with double-taps. Focus on the front sight, center mass.

If you want it to be a precision gun, get a Storm Lake barrel, Vanek Trigger Kit and some Dawson sights with have a MUCH smaller front blade and adjustable rear sights.

Glocks weren't meant to shoot 3 inch groups, but I've seen them knock down steel at 100 yards.

LoL, I'm not trying to put a bunch of money into the gun to make it accurate. The most I wanted to do was change the trigger bar and the slide cover. I'll work on the double taps though.

When you say Glocks weren't meant to shoot 3" groups, what range were you thinking? I'm not planning on having to use my pistol at anything over 50 yrds personally, that's what a long gun is for. I'm sure there might be a situation in which longer distance would be prudent, but I'm not ready to shoot those distances yet.

If this is a new gun, then be patient with it while it goes through its break-in period. It'll take at least a few hundred rounds. Make sure to clean and oil it faithfully. Once broken in, the trigger will be smoother, it will feed more reliably, and when you factor in the extra experience with it you'll be doing a lot better with it.
    That said, though: If your Baby Eagle is one of the full-sized models, then given that fact and its single action trigger, you will probably always be able to shoot it somewhat better than the G19 (though hopefully not as much so as right now!). But in return, you can hide the G19 under a wide range of clothing, making it a great general-purpose carry gun. As long as you can hit a bad guy with it at combat distances, you're probably in the green.
    If you still decide it's a piece of crap once it's been broken in and you've had some trigger time with it, then by all means sell it and get something that suits you -- that's the ultimate objective.
    Good luck! :patriot:

The stove pipes happened on the way out, not feeding. It fed just fine. After 250 rounds I figured it WAS broken in as I'd heard glocks don't need a break-in period. Not that I believe that as everything new needs a break-in period.

I plan on a lot more practice with this gun as I don't want to get rid of it. It's not everyday you get the realiablity of the AK in a handgun. I almost considered trading/selling it for a rifle of some sort, but I don't need another caliber and I don't want to give up on this.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I can't say that I have a range in mine, because I don't shoot that way. I'm normally moving or swinging as quickly as I can from one target to another. I don't expect a zombie to be standing still in front of me 7 yards away.

If I put two in a pie plate sized area, I'm happy with it and the gun did it's job.

Have you done the .25 trigger job yet? Make a good bit of difference and make the stock trigger much smoother.

YouTube - 25 Cent Glock Trigger Job ( Part 1)

YouTube - 25 Cent Glock Trigger Job ( Part 2 )

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    we need video of the 120 yard shooting.
    since we can't all be there.
    i'd like to see it. I'd like to see how much a laser moves off target at that range. you versus normal people's aim.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    The only reason I brought up the distance pistol shooting was to point out that it probably wasn't the Glock.

I have a video of me hitting a steel target at 110 yards (laser ranged) with a stock Glock 26 that I borrowed from a student.

I'll try to dig it up and post it.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Jeez o pete. If you REALLY thought I was saying the Glock was inaccurate you need to go back and read my first post a second time. It was DRIPPING with sarcasm. I even said it was my trigger control. Lighten up Shay.

I pointed that out in the post so you can understand it a little easier. :thumbsup:

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The only reason I brought up the distance pistol shooting was to point out that it probably wasn't the Glock.

I have a video of me hitting a steel target at 110 yards (laser ranged) with a stock Glock 26 that I borrowed from a student.

I'll try to dig it up and post it.

That would be great.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Thanks, I am new to hand guns,

Then you need to learn to take the propaganda Glockophiles spread about their gun with a pound or two of salt. Glocks, in reality, are no more reliable than any other good fighting gun, no more accurate, and are not the magical talismans they make them out to be, and they've got their fair share of disadvantages. But saying so will get you ganged up on as thoroughly as wearing Crip colors in Blood territory, and with about as much civility.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Then you need to learn to take the propaganda Glockophiles spread about their gun with a pound or two of salt. Glocks, in reality, are no more reliable than any other good fighting gun, no more accurate, and are not the magical talismans they make them out to be, and they've got their fair share of disadvantages. But saying so will get you ganged up on as thoroughly as wearing Crip colors in Blood territory, and with about as much civility.

:laugh: Yea, just look at this thread! I give glock owners a hard time even though I'm now one myself. They don't seem to have a sense of humor about their precious pistols. I could have just as easily bought a Sig or 1911 instead and could have had the same issues. As a matter of fact, my wife owns a Sig P250 and I'm about a good a shot with it as I am this Glock. :):

(I know, get some training. Yada yada yada)

Top Bottom