• ...and so much more!
  • USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    "I've been getting some informal training here and there. I don't need a certificate to show I know what I'm doing." Yup, heard that attitude before! Good luck hitting that barn.

For $450, that's a great deal on quality training. Those 1000 round all work towards a solid base, not 20 times at the range, shooting a 50 box of white Wally loads, reinforcing the same defects in stance, grip, etc.

That $450 will pay dividends every time you go to the range, every time you draw your weapon.

I've paid 3 times that at Gunsite, and it was worth every penny, Paid twice that to take the Tom Brown Tracker Basic, worth every penny. Every instructor I've ever met has told me to take all the classes ypu can, you'll learn something different from each of them.

I'll be adding to my training right after our Mexico plant settles down, Jan/Febv/March. I know 2 guys from Indy that have taken it, and speak highly of it.

Not knocking the quality of training by no means. Just wondering if the average Joe could take it. Whether or not the average could afford it is another thread. A member on here that I respect a great deal suggested it and just wanted some more info.

I am pretty sure Ryan couldn't justify spending that kind of money right now. What can he do now without reinforcing his defects as you suggest?

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    USMC "Not knocking the quality of training by no means. Just wondering if the average Joe could take it."

The average joe can take it, and one might ask if you can afford not to. I took Gunsight with my father 8 weeks after a knee replacement. Did they change the course for him a little, hell yes. Was it still worth it? I outshoot him less than half the time with a pistol, I've got an edge in rifle with younger eyes.

When we're walking the property, and the coyote steps out, he can draw and double tap before most of use cover the weapon. T-R-A-I-N-I-N-G.
    He practices with purpose, not just round count. He practices farther from targets than most, and can fire a single action faster than you thought possible.

Best option for RS is to listen more and talk less. He had some advice and possible shooting support coming his way, and he answered with bitter comtempt. His biggest defect is not his shooting skills. It's his mouth.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Asking that guy is like asking Russia what America could do to better itself...

I will agree. My biggest defect is my mouth. But it's a mutual thing.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Not knocking the quality of training by no means. Just wondering if the average Joe could take it. Whether or not the average could afford it is another thread. A member on here that I respect a great deal suggested it and just wanted some more info.

I am pretty sure Ryan couldn't justify spending that kind of money right now. What can he do now without reinforcing his defects as you suggest?

As has been suggested by me and others in other threads on this topic, Shooting Missology is a great video for fixing marksmanship issues. It is not a substitute for quality training, but it's a lot cheaper.

There are plenty of local classes that do not cost $450 though Tactical Response's Fighting Pistol is one of the absolute best two-day pistol classes available though and it is a value for the information covered.

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    There are plenty of local classes that do not cost $450 though

Exactly! My first shooting coach for clays cost $50 for 2 hours. and I was consistantly hitting a higher percentage of clays by the end of that session. As stated previously, you can learn something from each and every instructor, if you commit to learning, and can keep your mouth shut.

That first step, admitting you don't know everything, is a step some cannot take.

BTW Shay, nice shooting, enjoyed your posts on this one.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Hey, if anyone wants to have a clay shooting contest I'm game. Boy Scouts taught me plenty with shotguns. Hound me about training all you want, it's not like I can go pay for it tomorrow and it's not like I'm going to sell any guns to get it.

Unlike some people, in this thread in paticular, I KNOW I don't know everything and strive to learn more. That's why I started this thread. I never imagined I'd get hostile responses from A) Someone who's suppose to be an instructor and B) Someone who acts like a child by posting idiotic drivel.

I do believe this thread has run it's course. 17 pages and I learned as much from this thread as I could. Thanks to those who were a lot of help to me! :patriot:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom