• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    That's exactly my rationale, and exactly why I have a 3.5 lb. trigger on my Glock 30, one of my two primary carry guns. (The other being a Kimber Pro Carry, since I'm an equal-opportunity gun lover - including both Glocks and 1911s).

I hear you, I want to add one to my arsenal someday.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    gotcha, but still didn't find the torture test you were talking about.

Pretty sure nobody claimed the glock trigger was anywhere near the best. If it was, I wouldn't have to polish it up and do the trigger job on it.

But again, SE was asking about his G19 and the 1911 herd comes running in to bash Glocks for no other reason to tell us all how wonderful their 1911's are.

You speak of "fact oriented discussion", what haven't I been factual about? :dunno: What does anyone's 1911 have anything to do with SE's glock?

Sigh.

This is the best I could do for the 1911 torture test. The site this test used to be on is gone :( Scroll up to page 55, and enjoy the read.
    The Gun Digest Book Of The 1911: A ... - Google Books

Again, Google Hipoint torture tests on your own. There's a bunch of them.. for whatever reason, people like to beat up on these, too.

For real fun, Google hipoint torture test pafoa and see if you find the one where the guy finally buried it in his cat's litter box for a while trying to get it to fail.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    gotcha, but still didn't find the torture test you were talking about.

What does anyone's 1911 have anything to do with SE's glock?

First, I asked if anyone had done torture tests with any other pistols like the glock has had done. You know, fropping out of an airplane, 10000 rounds non stop, burying in the sand and mud and various other things and shooting it, that kinda thing...

I found these....

Para USA, High-Quality Handguns: 1911 SSP

1911 Colt 45

SPRINGFIELD ARMORY

pistol-training.com Blog Archive M&P Torture Test

HK USP Torture Testing

YouTube - FirepowerTV Ultimate Gun Tortue Test

YouTube - HK P30 Sand Torture Test

YouTube - Torture Test #2 - HK P2000sk - Thick mud with small cement bits in it...

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    wait a minute... didn't I already say polymers stand up well to torture tests?

Wound't the hi-point also fall in to that category?

and thanks for the good 1911 read, the first thing I read was how the Glock was the paragon off reliability. :D

But the rest was good too, the 1911's held up better than I thought, myth busted!

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I like my odds with the Glock and chances are I'm not going to get rid of it. It will definately be my CC pistol should I ever need to CC. I OC 90-99% of the time so I probably won't carry it much anyway.

I tell ya, even through my initial failures with the BDE, it has a perfect trigger (to me) right out the box, I can draw, point, shoot and be on target MOST of the time, and it's just comfy in my hands.

This Glock, not so comfy. It does have the pachmayr slip on grip which helps my grip, but also hurts it. The grip is a smidge too big for my little hands the way it is so I took off the pachmayr and it fits a little better, but still kinda big.

That was one of my main decisions with the BDE. Of all the other pistols I held, the BDE felt the best in my hands and had a 100% better trigger than the Sigma. :dunno: The Glock will grow on me. I'm sure of it. Unless you know some tricks to shrink the grip...

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    The funny thing is, that's the smaller of the grips, the G17 is even bigger.

Honestly though, if it doesn't fit, try out the XD's/Ruger/M&P and find what works best for you. It's your life and you have to like and trust what you are carrying.

The good thing about them is they always sell within a week.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'm going to hang on to it for a while longer. See if I can get used to it.

I did consider trying out the others but I already know I don't like the Ruger's. I considered trying to trade for a RIA, but I'm not sure if I would go with a .45 or change it to 9mm to consolidate ammo. Either way that's spending more money I don't have right now so I'm pretty well stuck with the Glock for a while. :): Not that that's a bad thing. I want something with this dependablity and I have it.

Can't give up on a good thing.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I'm just trying to figure out why you got the Glock in the first place. It doesn't sound like there is much you like about it.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    I'm just trying to figure out why you got the Glock in the first place. It doesn't sound like there is much you like about it.

He drank the :koolaid:.

He believed all of you Glockamaniacs. :D

Reality has set in and he is having Glock remorse. :laugh:

Can't blame him though, with all the praise those guns get almost anyone could be tempted to the dark side.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Embrace the dark side...

Life is better over here!!

In all reality, I like lots of guns, Glocks included.

I think SE will sell the gun and move on.
    Right now in the back of his mind that new Glock represents Obama.
    That's right, it really sounded good until you own it.:D
    It just doesn't live up to the HYPE or was that supposed to be HOPE? :):

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    But again, SE was asking about his G19 and the 1911 herd comes running in to bash Glocks for no other reason to tell us all how wonderful their 1911's are.

3419250126_4e8ca528c5.jpg

Last edited:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

Doood. I know. I should have shot one first. I got it because you could drop it from the sky and it'll still shoot. Because you could bury it in sand, pull it out and it'll still go bang. And because when WW3 breaks out, those are the most likely mags I'll find laying on the ground. :): It's ok. You can smack me now.

I think SE will sell the gun and move on.
    Right now in the back of his mind that new Glock represents Obama.
    That's right, it really sounded good until you own it.:D
    It just doesn't live up to the HYPE or was that supposed to be HOPE? :):

That's just funny :poop: right there! :laugh:

I think I just woke up my little ones laughing so hard!

Well, at least the picture is age appropriate for the herd, except they'b be on dinosaurs :p

You shouldn't talk about these old guys like that. Them Velociraptors will :fawk: you up! :laugh:

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    I think you're discovering the only true downside to owning a Glock. It's not the trigger, or the "plastic," or its "ugliness." It's dealing with the haters! LOL

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Doood. I know. I should have shot one first. I got it because you could drop it from the sky and it'll still shoot. Because you could bury it in sand, pull it out and it'll still go bang. And because when WW3 breaks out, those are the most likely mags I'll find laying on the ground. :): It's ok. You can smack me now.

and that's why you will be glad you own run, like the rest of us.

It's such an inexpensive gun to start with, with an unlimited number of aftermarket accessories. I think there are only 34 parts in a Glock, making it easier to maintain, repair and have extra striker, springs, etc in your SHTF kit.

I simple 3.5 connector and trigger polish does them wonders.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    the realities?

I can use my sub $500 Glock as a fighting pistol. I can drop it in mud, sand or dirt and it will fire. I can step on the mags, pick them up, insert them in the well and fire away. I can bury it, drop it from a plane, drag it behind a truck and pick it up and still fire it. The same can be said of the XD's, M&P's, USP's and probably the Ruger and the Kahr polymers.

I guess I like my reality :rockwoot:

I see that in print a lot, I hear it being said a lot, I never have EVER seen a Glock for sale with an ad that says;

"I use my sub $500 Glock as a fighting pistol. I dropped it in mud, sand and dirt and then fired it. I stepped on the mags, picked them up, insertted them in the well and fired away. I buried it, dropped it from a plane, dragged it behind a truck and picked it up and still fired it." (low round count, 15 rounds down the pipe, partial box of ammo available) ROTFL

Top Bottom