Fanatical religious terrorist incident Colorado Springs.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe G

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    SE Indiana
    Oh and...

266-off-topic-topic.jpg

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Fine, I will begrudgingly accept it. But, I will note that the fetus must have taken human form, or no crime has been committed.

I believe you are misreading the commentary. The parenthetical section is summarizing the position that A) the fetus must have taken human form, and B) that therefore the 'harm' is only referring to the mother. They then reject this summary later in the paragraph as arbitrary and a misreading of the scripture.

That said, I must [begrudgingly] acknowledge that I've read a few things where some of the church fathers did imply in their writings that the baby did not qualify as a person until it was past the beginning stages of the pregnancy. Augustine, for example, considered them 'ensouled' at around the 3 month mark I believe - but this was based on the extremely limited scientific knowledge that they had available at the time. In light of our current understanding, I believe his same logic would lead him to believe the child to be 'ensouled' at conception - but that is purely my own speculation.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    There's a whole movement in Iraq and Syria that if you knew about, would probably change your mind.

That comparison might have some validity if there were churches or other organizations throughout the country urging violent action from their parishioners because of their pro-life beliefs, or urging violent action from anyone for any other of their beliefs​.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That comparison might have some validity if there were churches or other organizations throughout the country urging violent action from their parishioners because of their pro-life beliefs, or urging violent action from anyone for any other of their beliefs​.

Uhhh.... they exist. But I'm not going to post links to hate sites.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Uhhh.... they exist. But I'm not going to post links to hate sites.
    I understand that may violate the rules of this site. By way of compromise between can you at least give us the names of these groups? That way if people want to investigate these groups that they can.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Back on topic: For Robert Dear, Religion and Rage Before Planned Parenthood Attack

Fanatical....
    Religious...
    Terrorist....

I am perfectly willing to believe that he was fanatical, his motivations may have been religious and what he did looks a lot like what a terrorist does.

However, as he does not appear to be a member of a cell or to represent any group, regardless of his motivations, we are talking about a lone nut job without any connection to a political organization which is trying to influence policy. He may well be a fanatical, religious, terrorist, but any similarity to him and Isis starts and ends at the barbarousness of his actions and starts and ends at him personally.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis

Two days ago Joshua Feuerstein ("Christian Pastor") posted a video to YouTube urging his followers to retaliate against planned parenthood and its staff. He stated they should "punish planned parenthood, tonight", and that "abortion doctors" should have to "run and hide".

The video has since been removed. I'll see if I can find a mirror for you.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Two days ago Joshua Feuerstein ("Christian Pastor") posted a video to YouTube urging his followers to retaliate against planned parenthood and its staff. He stated they should "punish planned parenthood, tonight", and that "abortion doctors" should have to "run and hide".

Yeah....he was also the one and only guy upset by the Starbucks cup. Publicity hound who speaks for no one but himself.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Not the original video, but the source video is captured in an atheist blogger's response:

Definitely NOT safe for work...(language)

[video]https://youtu.be/pFcLuIuQOJ4?t=40[/video]

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Back on topic: For Robert Dear, Religion and Rage Before Planned Parenthood Attack

Fanatical....
    Religious...
    Terrorist....

Reading that description, the man is as "religious" as Jim Jones or Adolf Hitler - and as much a Christian. (Just to reiterate: merely professing to be a Christian does not make one a Christian, especially when one espouses beliefs that are directly contradictory to Christian doctrine.)

Fanatical? No. Just crazy. Deeply disturbed, and a criminal who escaped justice too many times.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

I, for one, am glad when such people expose themselves. It makes it easier to refute them, denounce them, and root them out.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    State your premise and support, then we can evaluate the logic thereof.

Ok...if the guy just pulled a baby out of a burning building simply "identifying" as a Christian would be ample evidence of the guy's rock-solid Christian faith, it seems.

However, when someone who "identifies" as a Christian starts shooting the place up...well, then he's not really a Christian, it seems.

It's just the "No true Scotsman" fallacy...

Being a Christian doesn't automatically put someone above shooting the place to hell. Shooting the place to hell doesn't automatically mean the shooter wasn't a Christian.

Top Bottom