Fanatical religious terrorist incident Colorado Springs.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    This thread reminds me ...

“A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.” ~ Winston Churchill

Only one thing is certain ... as long as the accusations and blame get hurled hot and heavy at the pro-life movement early enough, it will not matter what the facts bear out at the end of the investigation. The political points will have been scored. Any corrections or retractions will get buried in Sec D page 9 of the paper ... six months from now.
    This seems to be the leftists stock in trade.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I think the public will look at him, living in his trailer out in the desert or his shack in the carolinas with no power, electric, running water, etc. and have a hard time seeing him as somehow part of the great right wing anti abortion conspiracy.

Unibomber Redux

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    AP article:

A law enforcement official said Dear told authorities "no more baby parts" after being arrested, part of a rambling statement that investigators were parsing to understand the reasoning.The official said the "no more baby parts" comment was among a number of statements Dear made to authorities after his arrest, making it difficult to know his specific motivation.
    The law enforcement official spoke on condition of anonymity because the official was not allowed to publicly discuss the ongoing investigation.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-11-30-14-14-46

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Doc I think that AP excerpt makes GFGT's case for him. The guy makes many rambling statements to the authorities but that's the only one that get's reported? Sounds like it was the only one that fit the agenda.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Doc I think that AP excerpt makes GFGT's case for him. The guy makes many rambling statements to the authorities but that's the only one that get's reported? Sounds like it was the only one that fit the agenda.

So are we accepting that it is probably valid that he said "no more baby parts?" I don't see how given the place this even occurred, that printing that statement is indicative of an agenda... unless you think it is the official who has an agenda, and not the media; notice he gave the specifics of the quote, leaving out the "ramblings."

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I'll accept it. I'm also noticing nearly every time people seem to report interacting with him it's a stream of non-sensical statements that are hard to understand their connection.

my hyper-religious delusional schizophrenic patients I regard as mentally ill, not religious fanatics. This guy is a member of the mentally ill club, not some political faction.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    So are we accepting that it is probably valid that he said "no more baby parts?" I don't see how given the place this even occurred, that printing that statement is indicative of an agenda... unless you think it is the official who has an agenda, and not the media; notice he gave the specifics of the quote, leaving out the "ramblings."

"We"? No. But then again, "we" are not making up the headlines, repeating this line with every news report update on TV, and plastering the return of abortion violence all over our websites.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'll accept it. I'm also noticing nearly every time people seem to report interacting with him it's a stream of non-sensical statements that are hard to understand their connection.

my hyper-religious delusional schizophrenic patients I regard as mentally ill, not religious fanatics. This guy is a member of the mentally ill club, not some political faction.

I can accept, and have even acknowledged, that he isn't a part of some legitimate political faction. But I think it's likely that he identifies with one ideology over another.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Another thought that occured to me regarding this "safe room" in the PP building...wouldn't it be ironic if this were to also be in one of their abortion rooms?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

So if they say they are an angel, demon or hand of God, you don't believe it is true... You need to be more open minded Doc :-)

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Sen. Boxer sends letter to Speaker Ryan calling on him to disband select committee on Planned Parenthood in wake of Colorado shooting.

Congressional investigations cause shootings now

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Refresher course from wa-a-ay upthread three posts above yours.

A law enforcement official said Dear told authorities "no more baby parts" after being arrested, part of a rambling statement that investigators were parsing to understand the reasoning.The official said the "no more baby parts" comment was among a number of statements Dear made to authorities after his arrest, making it difficult to know his specific motivation.

​They mention quite a bit of 'information' being volunteered by this guy, but only quote one specific bit of it. Why not the whole thing?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Sen. Boxer sends letter to Speaker Ryan calling on him to disband select committee on Planned Parenthood in wake of Colorado shooting.

So if the Democrats' efforts to ban guns would cause a shooting, they would abandon any future attempts?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

I would prefer to see it in a validated/corroborated form, but for the sake of argument: sure, I'll accept it.

It still doesn't explain how and why he carried out his attack in the manner in which he carried it out (all the shooting outside the clinic, before entering, for example). It also doesn't give any indication that it was religiously motivated. (Shocking though it may be, not all who oppose abortion - or harvesting of parts from aborted babies - hold that opposition on religious grounds.)

For all we know, the guy could have believed that PP clinics are really FEMA concentration camps in disguise.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I can accept, and have even acknowledged, that he isn't a part of some legitimate political faction. But I think it's likely that he identifies with one ideology over another.

Someone of this guy's brand of lunacy, if he ascribes to any particular ideology over another, is more likely to be some loony anarchist ideology (think Bill Ayers) - nothing mainstream.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Until I see transcripts of his statements to authorities or hear him interviewed or interrogated, I'm not sure I could conclude he's coherent enough to be said to identify with any particular ideology. You're not theorizing, Kut - you're guessing.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

Compare/Contrast the narrative and media handling of this incident, the shooter, the alleged target (Planned Parenthood) and the Center for Medical Progress, versus the narrative and media handling of Floyd Corkins, the Family Research Council, and the Southern Poverty Law Center.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Until I see transcripts of his statements to authorities or hear him interviewed or interrogated, I'm not sure I could conclude he's coherent enough to be said to identify with any particular ideology. You're not theorizing, Kut - you're guessing.

No, I'm playing the odds.

Top Bottom