Fanatical religious terrorist incident Colorado Springs.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe G

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    SE Indiana
    See, you must be new here. If you've never seen a thread where a criminal commits a crime, and that person is automatically assumed to be on welfare, an Obama supporter, or fatherless.... despite that person not ever saying a single word, you're either new, or not paying attention.
    So begs the question, are the persons that make those assumptions, speaking out of turn, or simply "playing the odds?" I'd appreciate you telling me the difference.
    Do you need cites? I'm confident I can give them to you, in spades.

I've seen it, no doubt.

Just pointing out that if one group makes a generalization against another it's a horrible thing ("racist" or "stereotyping" anyone?) while another group makes a generalization against another and it's "playing the odds" or gut feelings.

One gets you banned and thrown to the wolves, the other is just a point to argue ad-nauseam like a bad tennis match.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Totally forgetting or ignoring the fact that some people consider abortion to murder, regardless if body parts are sold.

I have a modest proposal. If these people don't see anything wrong with what PP does, why don't we start parting THEM out?

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    and another neighbor said that he rambled on about a number of unrelated topics but never mentioned politics or religion. It's my opinion that the guy was'nt really a hard core activist but rather a nutjob that latched on to a hot button topic and took it to the extreme.
    What topic would that be?

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Who him was chasing him? I haven't heard that. What I have heard was that the entire incident took place at PP. I have no idea why we are still playing this game. There have been numerous instance, on this site, where we have had far less information, and conclusions have been drawn. No one is calling this guy representative of conservative thought. This guy targeted PP. The mayor has inferred this, an unnamed source attributes a pretty damning statement to him. I have no qualms is saying that people should, at this point, have a solid based for forming an opinion about this situation.
    What "damning statement"? I missed that.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    I'm more interested in the two people, other than the identified officer, whom he shot and killed. Who are they? Where were they when they were shot/killed? Why have they not been identified?
    Media tends to put "regular people" in a different category than cops, athletes, politicians, celebrities, etc..

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Explain again please, Mr. Denny, different levels of good...

hillary-clinton-no-teeth-big-smile-ap.jpg
    Stop Dave, just stop!!!:puke:

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    And the next borderline whack-a-doo sees how much attention this guy is getting and factors that in to if he should be the "hero" as well. Just like car chases went way up in SoCal when the news media started airing them as entertainment and making celebrities of the fleeing criminals, mass shootings have become a way to get fame and attention. Columbine cemented that, and it's only grown since then.
    Do you think these idiots really consider celebrity when they commit these crimes? Serious question.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Really Dave

Are you suggesting I should be murdered and butchered for my beliefs?

While I am not actually advocating the idea, my point is to draw attention to the fact that it is frighteningly common for people to advocate and/or tolerate things done to others that they would certainly not accept being done to themselves. Given that this subset of the population has taken the position of telling us first, that a baby is NOT a life until it passes through the birth canal, then that it is an infringement on supposed rights found in the blank spaces between the lines of the Constitution to pass legislation against killing a child in the process of being born, that is it not acceptable to legislate protections for children born alive after failure to abort prior to live delivery, and in all cases perfectly acceptable to part them out, my challenge to them is to provide me with a reasonable explanation of why they should be exempt from the same treatment that they not only issue, but claim a right more solid than that of enumerated natural rights found in the Constitution to issue to others.

While we are on this tangent, 'viability' tends to be the favorite talking point. How many newborns are self-sufficient? Five year olds? The same reasoning would seem to justify the liquidation of any child not capable of making his or her own way in the world.

In the end, my question is why anyone should expect to be afforded different treatment that he would endorse for others.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Refresher course from wa-a-ay upthread three posts above yours.

A law enforcement official said Dear told authorities "no more baby parts" after being arrested, part of a rambling statement that investigators were parsing to understand the reasoning.The official said the "no more baby parts" comment was among a number of statements Dear made to authorities after his arrest, making it difficult to know his specific motivation.

​They mention quite a bit of 'information' being volunteered by this guy, but only quote one specific bit of it. Why not the whole thing?
    Or at least more than four words.

Top Bottom