Fanatical religious terrorist incident Colorado Springs.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Left leaning government, left leaning Hollywood, left leaning media, left leaning education from K thru graduate school.

Vast majority of mass killers - left leaning themselves or immersed in that environment.

Weird happenings.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Did I not post the link identifying two such casualties?

I was under the impression that Planned Parenthood had reported that no staff or patients had been injured or killed. These victims are regrettable but, if he had targeted Planned Parenthood, I would have expected some of the victims to have been associated with that organization.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Left leaning government, left leaning Hollywood, left leaning media, left leaning education from K thru graduate school.

Vast majority of mass killers - left leaning themselves or immersed in that environment.

Weird happenings.

Well-
    He's Correct. The Left just ain't Right.

Let's get'em!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I was under the impression that Planned Parenthood had reported that no staff or patients had been injured or killed.

Planned Parenthood reported that because the male victim was there to pick up his wife and the female victim was there to comfort/support a friend. Neither victim was a staff member nor a patient.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I would have expected some of the victims to have been associated with that organization.

Why?

You read that he could not get past the security door, right? He likely bounced off the security door and then shot the two in the waiting room, or shot the two in the waiting room and then tried to make it to more targets but bounced off the security door.

At least Planned Parenthood is reading my posts in the "Which $3,000 rifle do I need to protect my house" threads. Lock your doors, turn on the lights and you don't need to spend $3,000.

If you are worried about security, instead of worried about rationalizing the purchase of expensive guns to your wife, then lock your doors.:D

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Why?

You read that he could not get past the security door, right? He likely bounced off the security door and then shot the two in the waiting room, or shot the two in the waiting room and then tried to make it to more targets but bounced off the security door.

I still want to know if this 'security door' was something like the name suggests that would make you think of the vault door at the bank, or was simply a glass with aluminum frame commercial style door left locked such that you have to be deliberately admitted as opposed to simply wandering in. In other words, was it an actual security device or merely a suggestion that you are not welcome unless actively invited in?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I didn't agree on that. And the dude is getting non-stop publicity. Or at least planned parenthood and Christians and conservatives are, despite those being garbage associations.

And the next borderline whack-a-doo sees how much attention this guy is getting and factors that in to if he should be the "hero" as well. Just like car chases went way up in SoCal when the news media started airing them as entertainment and making celebrities of the fleeing criminals, mass shootings have become a way to get fame and attention. Columbine cemented that, and it's only grown since then.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    And the next borderline whack-a-doo sees how much attention this guy is getting and factors that in to if he should be the "hero" as well. Just like car chases went way up in SoCal when the news media started airing them as entertainment and making celebrities of the fleeing criminals, mass shootings have become a way to get fame and attention. Columbine cemented that, and it's only grown since then.

:yesway:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I still want to know if this 'security door' was something like the name suggests that would make you think of the vault door at the bank, or was simply a glass with aluminum frame commercial style door left locked such that you have to be deliberately admitted as opposed to simply wandering in. In other words, was it an actual security device or merely a suggestion that you are not welcome unless actively invited in?

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/29/us/siege-highlights-security-used-in-abortion-clinics.html?_r=0

According to discussions heard on police scanners on Friday, when the attack occurred, at least one woman retreated to a protected “safe room.” The clinic also had a supply of bulletproof vests.

...extraordinary security measures that aren’t necessary for other health care facilities,” said Vicki Saporta, the president of the National Abortion Federation, the professional society for clinics, doctors and hospitals that perform abortions. “That can include bulletproof glass and safe rooms, as well as cameras and lighting and security protocols.”

Ms. Cowart said the gunman had never gotten past the waiting room. After the initial shots were fired, an employee hustled patients and staff members through a security door to the back of the clinic, she said.

If they have bulletproof vests in a safe room, I think it's a reasonable assumption they have real security doors.

trucker777

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    WESTVILLE
    I didn't agree on that. And the dude is getting non-stop publicity. Or at least planned parenthood and Christians and conservatives are, despite those being garbage associations.

Yes, it is clearly the objective for the gun grabbers and liberal groups to use these tragedies to their advantage to demonize guns and gun owners and other groups that they perceive as threats to their new age progessive movement. Looks like they are ramping up their tactics and joining forces.
    I can always tell when they are doing a good job because I get attacked by nearly every female in my house... especially my wife's mother.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

Weird happenings.

Don't you mean "strange things are afoot at the Circle K"?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/29/us/siege-highlights-security-used-in-abortion-clinics.html?_r=0

If they have bulletproof vests in a safe room, I think it's a reasonable assumption they have real security doors.

Sounds reasonable enough, but I wasn't going to make an assumption that the reported descriptions of facilities are more accurate, especially words used in passing, than are their references to weapons (like turning a semi-auto into something described to sound like a GE Minigun).

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Mea Culpa, I had not found that information about the victims.

Understandable when you take the interpretation one generally would of the PP facility head declaring no casualties on their side. I guess she just doesn't claim guests and supporters, only staff and patients.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    BlueishHue
    Top Bottom