Fanatical religious terrorist incident Colorado Springs.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Likely.

Kut asked a while ago where we saw that it started at the Chase Bank, so I went back to all of the links listed upthread. The problem is that what i read a couple of days ago is no longer there. ALL of the links have been sanitized and I can't find where anyone QFT them. So the MSM Narative is all you can now find.

Just had a thought. How do we know that there is a Chase Bank next door.

You could probably see it on google street view

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Well that settles it, he was definitly targeting PP. I stand corrected.

On a more tactical note. He found out that copper and lead do not spark and ignite gasses in real life. Too many movies. Sheesh.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Information corrected, to support False narrative.

You noted yourself that the shooting started with individuals who were completely unrelated to PP.

I think the one who posted that read the article wrong, when they say she they are referring to Dean herself. Yes I am Denny.

Supposedly a single shot fired from inside when police went to guy's trailer where his wife believed to be.

I would have a hard time believing dozens of news outlets would all edit content at the same time to hide a truth.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    3480 Centennial Blvd, Colorado Springs, CO 80907 put that into google earth, there is a chase bank just south of that location.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Typical news outlets are pushing this real hard as "The Planned Parenthood shooting" or "Attack on Planned Parenthood"... repeating tons of strawmen about how the GOP isn't "denouncing it" or other **** like that.

Part of me wants them to keep hitting that narrative hard so when it's proven wrong, it'll be twice as sour.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    So, the Republican mayor of Colorado Springs has an agenda in making it seem as if PP was purposefully targeted, rather that in being a bank robbery? That doesn't jive. The shooter "ducked," in PP? For what? That also doesn't jive. Bank robbery? As Chase what they think, because they're saying they weren't involved.
    As for you "killing baby killers by killing them," that sounds a lot like justification, if indeed you did believe that was the shooter's motive.

All Republicans are automatically pro-life, pro-gun, socially conservative, and wholly devoted to the Constitution? You must not spend much time in the General Political forum or read the paper/watch the news very often.

Still, we are lacking anything but an assumption to serve as the glue holding together this picture in which the man holes up in the PP lobby and makes no known attempt to further penetrate the building or to attack personnel contained therein.

As for that last statement, I simply raised the likely way of thinking if the did in fact target PP for the purpose of demonstrating a point, not for endorsing the point or rationale behind it.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Supposedly a single shot fired from inside when police went to guy's trailer where his wife believed to be.

Yeah, when I read that I wondered why there was not more about it. I really stand corrected on the wife thing.

I would have a hard time believing dozens of news outlets would all edit content at the same time to hide a truth.

That Is because You are walking around unprotected, To rectify that, go to the kitchen grab the tinfoil and...

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Typical news outlets are pushing this real hard as "The Planned Parenthood shooting" or "Attack on Planned Parenthood"... repeating tons of strawmen about how the GOP isn't "denouncing it" or other **** like that.

Part of me wants them to keep hitting that narrative hard so when it's proven wrong, it'll be twice as sour.

If it is proven wrong, either coverage will instantly stop or the narrative will be "how unusual he didn't attack Planned Parenthood the way most people like him do."

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Am I correctly understanding that you are taking it as an article of faith that this, well, individual necessarily fits squarely in the left-narrative mold of the 'right wing nut job' therefore making consideration of other possibilities irrelevant?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

All Republicans are automatically pro-life, pro-gun, socially conservative, and wholly devoted to the Constitution? You must not spend much time in the General Political forum or read the paper/watch the news very often.

Still, we are lacking anything but an assumption to serve as the glue holding together this picture in which the man holes up in the PP lobby and makes no known attempt to further penetrate the building or to attack personnel contained therein.

As for that last statement, I simply raised the likely way of thinking if the did in fact target PP for the purpose of demonstrating a point, not for endorsing the point or rationale behind it.

I know most here do not want to believe it but it looks like PP could be the target.

http://www.policeone.com/active-sho...-parts-Colo-rampage-suspects-words-draw-focus

Cowart said the gunman "broke in" to the clinic Friday but didn't get past a locked door leading to the main part of the facility. She said there was no armed security when the shooting began.
    Those who knew the 6-foot-4-inch, 250-pound Dear said he seemed to have few religious or political leanings.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I know most here do not want to believe it but it looks like PP could be the target

Don't know if I have a "want". I'm just saying to wait and see.

Many witnesses likely thought it was a bank. Only a tiny sliver of the population has any experience in identifying gunfire off a gun range. First time I was shot at I looked up (heard the crack over my head, thought of bottle rockets, no, really I did). How many can ascertain direction of gunfire other than a general direction, especially in built up area?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I know most here do not want to believe it but it looks like PP could be the target.

'No more baby parts': Colo. rampage suspect's words draw focus

Cowart said the gunman "broke in" to the clinic Friday but didn't get past a locked door leading to the main part of the facility. She said there was no armed security when the shooting began.
    Those who knew the 6-foot-4-inch, 250-pound Dear said he seemed to have few religious or political leanings.

So Denny, you make an arrest. The assailant says "I hate Chinese" and you make an unofficial statement to the press with cover of anonymity. You are the only one that heard it. You had to be anonymous because It is an ongoing investigation. Now how exactly do es the anonymity keep you from repercussions with the department for unauthorized disclosure when you are the only one to put it in your report.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

Many witnesses likely thought it was a bank. Only a tiny sliver of the population has any experience in identifying gunfire off a gun range. First time I was shot at I looked up (heard the crack over my head, thought of bottle rockets, no, really I did). How many can ascertain direction of gunfire other than a general direction, especially in built up area?
    I do not pretend nor am I acting like I know what happened. However, some here are bending over backwards to explain how this is NOT involving PP. Something they will not bother to do for a topic they happen to agree with.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    So Denny, you make an arrest. The assailant says "I hate Chinese" and you make an unofficial statement to the press with cover of anonymity. You are the only one that heard it. You had to be anonymous because It is an ongoing investigation. Now how exactly do es the anonymity keep you from repercussions with the department for unauthorized disclosure when you are the only one to put it in your report.
    Do you ASSUME only one person heard this statement and not a group of people? With an arrest like this, there are dozens of people around.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

'No more baby parts': Colo. rampage suspect's words draw focus

I can't say that I have any particular preference. After all, crazy is crazy. It just sounded, at least from the information available at the front end of this bit of news, that we were well on the way to a poster child for political spin, and at least a narrative that was not at the time supported.

I was also seeing some flavor emerge of the false dichotomy that if Dear was not actively pro-choice, then he automatically was targeting PP on account of the abortion issue in spite of a lack of any indication of putting his back into actually attacking it.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

Actually I looked it up on google earth and the bank is a thousand yards away across a big parking lot a road and a large open field. It looks like the PP is the likely objective and that Dear made the worst planned and executed attack of all time.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I do not pretend nor am I acting like I know what happened. However, some here are bending over backwards to explain how this is NOT involving PP. Something they will not bother to do for a topic they happen to agree with.

It always comes down to the same thing. Some people are going to believe the official narrative, or something very close, no matter what. Some people are automatically going to reject it because it is the official narrative. A very few will do any serious sifting rather than arguing for their personal preference.

Top Bottom