Fanatical religious terrorist incident Colorado Springs.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Still, we have to be careful about reading too much into too little. I am quite conservative, but still have points of overlap with the left. That said, depending on the subject-matter at hand, one could make the argument that I am liberal enough to be a Swede, although that is in reality far from the truth.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I once accepted a pamphlet from a Hare Krishna as I was going to the boarding gates in the airport. I didn't read it. I threw it in a trash container nearby.

I suppose that could be construed to either supporting or hating religion.

300 posts on this thread and almost no socially redeeming value. Slow weekend in Hoosierville.

:+1:

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Except for a one line snippet "no more baby parts" and who knows if the suspect actually said it, I will reserve thoughts.

Right. Provide a non-anonymous source. And also: show how his actions backed up that alleged utterance. (There's still, as far as I know, no evidence that he targeted or injured anyone affiliated with the clinic.)

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If it weren't for that one line that came from seemingly nowhere.. the theory that this was an attempted bank robbery stands up. He encountered resistance heading to bank... retreated to cover at, what happened to be, a PP. Hurt no one there, didn't target anyone there... just fought with cops at bank.

Sounds a lot like a bank robbery gone wrong.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Our Republic that we are suppose to be is dead, we replaced it with democracy whose end according to Thomas Jefferson will end with suicide. We still have a Constitution, but its often bypassed, and ignored by tyranny of a democracy….majority tyranny of a congress, supreme court and president have all been doing this…examples of twisting the words of Thomas Jefferson and after 3 Supreme Court hearings we now have a unconstitutional "Seperation of church and sate", we also have prayer no longer in school, democracy to tyrants has brought legalized murder called abortion, also has redefined marriage so now we have gay marriage…..and it keeps going on Constitution be damned, its democracy that now rules. You can have 100% of people voting but if you have corrupt politicians where does it get you…? The Constituion was only made for a religious and moral people, and without that it dies right along with democracy. To fight against tyranny, to restore the Republic and get back to the Constitution one must only look at my sig line, its the only way. And many choose not to, and this is our undoing.

Right. Provide a non-anonymous source. And also: show how his actions backed up that alleged utterance. (There's still, as far as I know, no evidence that he targeted or injured anyone affiliated with the clinic.)

He was prevented from full access to the clinic by security doors.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Except for a one line snippet "no more baby parts" and who knows if the suspect actually said it, I will reserve thoughts.

Just because it didn't happen doesn't mean it won't be used as proof of a motive.
    How many people still believe "Hands up, Don't shoot;" and that was a lie from the beginning.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    He was prevented from full access to the clinic by security doors.

That still doesn't establish that he meant to go there in the first place. Similarly, if you are chasing a criminal who happens to run in my door which is standing open that particular moment, that doesn't mean that I have been specifically targeted.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I am not getting ready to saddle up the horse and ride around the countryside screaming, "THE JACKBOOTS ARE COMING!", but you have introduced a false premise in claiming that democratically elected officials aren't tyrants. Jefferson himself observed that there is nothing to be preferred in exchanging one tyrant 3000 miles away for 3000 tyrants one mile away, as I paraphrase him from memory. It rests entirely upon respecting natural rights, and there has been massive failure on the part of the government to respect natural rights, or even adhere to the baseline standards enumerated in the Constitution for several decades.

That would be "THE JACKBOOTS ARE OUT! ". Get it right. :)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That still doesn't establish that he meant to go there in the first place. Similarly, if you are chasing a criminal who happens to run in my door which is standing open that particular moment, that doesn't mean that I have been specifically targeted.

Who him was chasing him? I haven't heard that. What I have heard was that the entire incident took place at PP. I have no idea why we are still playing this game. There have been numerous instance, on this site, where we have had far less information, and conclusions have been drawn. No one is calling this guy representative of conservative thought. This guy targeted PP. The mayor has inferred this, an unnamed source attributes a pretty damning statement to him. I have no qualms is saying that people should, at this point, have a solid based for forming an opinion about this situation.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If it weren't for that one line that came from seemingly nowhere.. the theory that this was an attempted bank robbery stands up. He encountered resistance heading to bank... retreated to cover at, what happened to be, a PP. Hurt no one there, didn't target anyone there... just fought with cops at bank.

Sounds a lot like a bank robbery gone wrong.

I keep hearing this bank robbery stuff. Where is the origin of that? How does a bank robbery go so wrong, that the robber never enters the bank, then runs to another business and gets in a gun battle with police? I'm just looking for the logic, as to why he simply just run away if he couldn't rob the back.
    So again, where does this bank robbery stuff come from?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Who him was chasing him? I haven't heard that. What I have heard was that the entire incident took place at PP. I have no idea why we are still playing this game. There have been numerous instance, on this site, where we have had far less information, and conclusions have been drawn. No one is calling this guy representative of conservative thought. This guy targeted PP. The mayor has inferred this, an unnamed source attributes a pretty damning statement to him. I have no qualms is saying that people should, at this point, have a solid based for forming an opinion about this situation.

You seem to be treating a PP attack as a foregone conclusion. My point is that we have the word of a politician, presumably with one or more agendas, and conflicting information from less than banknote quality sources. That leaves open the possibility that the PP building was simply the available port in the storm into which he ducked. Then again, maybe he was going to stop some baby killers by killing them. My point is that having walked through their door without actually engaging any PP personnel or, so far as I have heard, making any meaningful attempt to breach the inner door (which many of these inner 'security doors' I have seen are conventional glass doors which are kept locked).

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You seem to be treating a PP attack as a foregone conclusion. My point is that we have the word of a politician, presumably with one or more agendas, and conflicting information from less than banknote quality sources. That leaves open the possibility that the PP building was simply the available port in the storm into which he ducked. Then again, maybe he was going to stop some baby killers by killing them. My point is that having walked through their door without actually engaging any PP personnel or, so far as I have heard, making any meaningful attempt to breach the inner door (which many of these inner 'security doors' I have seen are conventional glass doors which are kept locked).

So, the Republican mayor of Colorado Springs has an agenda in making it seem as if PP was purposefully targeted, rather that in being a bank robbery? That doesn't jive. The shooter "ducked," in PP? For what? That also doesn't jive. Bank robbery? As Chase what they think, because they're saying they weren't involved.
    As for you "killing baby killers by killing them," that sounds a lot like justification, if indeed you did believe that was the shooter's motive.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So, the Republican mayor of Colorado Springs has an agenda in making it seem as if PP was purposefully targeted, rather that in being a bank robbery? That doesn't [STRIKE]jive[/STRIKE] jibe. The shooter "ducked," in PP? For what? That also doesn't [STRIKE]jive[/STRIKE] jibe. Bank robbery? As Chase what they think, because they're saying they weren't involved.
    As for you "killing baby killers by killing them," that sounds a lot like justification, if indeed you did believe that was the shooter's motive.

I guess if we use a word wrong enough times eventually its incorrect usage is accepted. A dictionary or two now accepts "jive" as meaning "in agreement or accord". Probably "jibe" never meant this until it did.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I guess if we use a word wrong enough times eventually its incorrect usage is accepted. A dictionary or two now accepts "jive" as meaning "in agreement or accord". Probably "jibe" never meant this until it did.

Lol. I am a product of where I am from. You can ding me on my term paper.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Anyone else think it's strange how incredibly little information has come out about this? What happened and where, why, what his statements were, who he was, what he did for a living, people who knew him, etc.

absolute information vacuum. Strange.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

i-speak-jive.jpg

Top Bottom