• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    OMG!!! 80,000 law-abiding gun-toters in Indy on the same weekend?!? :nailbite:

There'll be
    blood in the streets, I tell ya! The streets will be a river of blood!!!!!

Okay, well maybe not... :thumbsup:

I threw in on there as well, Tom. TBH, that 'Mark Duwe' is kinda fun to :boxing: 'cause he's as cluless as he is vocal. That's okay with me, LOL! :bash:

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    As of now, I think we've only had two people shot today. One was accidental self inflicted, the other was an attempt carjacking. I know the carjacking is unrelated to the NRA, I don't know any details on the accidental self inflicted, but have no reason to suspect it was related based on the location. Of course its not midnight yet, and there's still tomorrow.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    As of now, I think we've only had two people shot today. One was accidental self inflicted, the other was an attempt carjacking. I know the carjacking is unrelated to the NRA, I don't know any details on the accidental self inflicted, but have no reason to suspect it was related based on the location. Of course its not midnight yet, and there's still tomorrow.

Curious BBI (or Frank, VUPD, etc) are you aware of any unsually extra ON DUTY coverage for the convention? If so how does it relate to other high profile events at the center in regards to how many extra? I mean did you guys throw a few extras at us, but pretty much didnt worry too much, or did we get the typical "summer celebration" treatment?

I saw quite a few LEOs in the center, but wasnt sure how many were yours, and how many were privately contracted, off duty event personnel.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    IIRC, all the uniforms inside are contracted by the security company(yellow lanyard). they are from agencies all over the state.

there are few street patrol out there but I don't see the needs.

the mounted units are awesome, they've got some tall horses.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Curious BBI (or Frank, VUPD, etc) are you aware of any unsually extra ON DUTY coverage for the convention? If so how does it relate to other high profile events at the center in regards to how many extra? I mean did you guys throw a few extras at us, but pretty much didnt worry too much, or did we get the typical "summer celebration" treatment?

I saw quite a few LEOs in the center, but wasnt sure how many were yours, and how many were privately contracted, off duty event personnel.

No, no more than would be assigned to a big NCAA game and the bar blowoff afterward.

there are few street patrol out there but I don't see the needs.

Wait until the bars close, then you'll see the need.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    Yes there was an extra patrol detail. It was for the parking lots to deter car break ins after the hit on Friday. They didn't staff all the corners. There were no arrests on NRA goers. None got drunk and/or stupid. They all spent money and were courteous and respectful of our city. No hotels called about throwing people out. No restaurants called on fine and dashes. There were no fights. Many complimented the cleanliness but were shocked that the homeless were allowed to stew in their own feces on a corner while shaking a cup.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    After today, and assuming that there continues to be no "incidents" (and I have no reason to believe that that will not be the case), does anyone think that MDA or MAIG will make any kind of statement to the effect that maybe, just maybe, they "misjudged" the NRA and its members? Yeah, me either. :rolleyes:

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    Looks like Everytown, MDA, and MAIG picked the wrong weekend to protest guns in Indy. They should have spent the weekend in Chicago, where they've had 27 people shot including 4 deaths in the last 24 hours.

This makes the VERY invalid presumption that the efforts of these groups and the leftist-elites backing them WANT TO END gun (or other) violence. Nothing could be further from the truth! If they wanted to end violence they would be focusing their efforts in VERY different areas. They don't do this because it would expose THEM and their bankrupt policies as the real cause.

This is all about CONTROL and the perverted idea that America must be disarmed and our nation dragged down to the least-common-denominator of the rest-of-the-world. America as "exceptional" doesn't fit into the one-world-community Utopia that these leftist-elites dream about.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Many complimented the cleanliness but were shocked that the homeless were allowed to stew in their own feces on a corner while shaking a cup.

I used to date a lady that worked in the homeless care systems. Gist is: In the face of anti-homeless programs here in Indy, those still on the street are either new or choose to be there (i.e. Don't want to get off dope)...

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    The real question is how many businesses <cough><hooters><cough> are going to take down their "no guns" signs chasing the almighty dollar. We need Dana and the Chicks to out them.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    The only thing that made me edgy at the convention was a few loons who decided to level their sights on me and dry fire rifles at the same time.

You just have to wonder what those individuals were thinking.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    There was a guy who pulled his cocked and loaded Kimber, slapped it on the table, and asked if the company mad grips to fit his gun. The employee was rightfully angry. That was the only stupidity I heard of. Out of any event held downtown, it was the most crime free. Though there were 3 vehicle break ins for the whole week, that is still SIGNIFICANTLY less than your average colts game, gencon, car show, or random business convention/trade show. Downtown was packed but so well behaved it was like a twilight zone episode. There were several arrests saturday night but they were all local gang member thugs. Everyone loved our city. I was so proud I felt like crying.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    There was a guy who pulled his cocked and loaded Kimber, slapped it on the table, and asked if the company mad grips to fit his gun. The employee was rightfully angry. That was the only stupidity I heard of. Out of any event held downtown, it was the most crime free. Though there were 3 vehicle break ins for the whole week, that is still SIGNIFICANTLY less than your average colts game, gencon, car show, or random business convention/trade show. Downtown was packed but so well behaved it was like a twilight zone episode. There were several arrests saturday night but they were all local gang member thugs. Everyone loved our city. I was so proud I felt like crying.

I would love for the local (if not national) media outlets to report THIS. Alas, I doubt that they will. In fact I would like them to do a story on the difference in cost vs. benefit for this convention as compared to some of the other larger events. Again, my guess is that none will be forthcoming.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Bet the thugs are home in bed right now. Revolving door Bravo Sierra has to stop....arrest/charge to the full extent/judge/slammer for full sentence allowed.

Top Bottom