www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Can you carry at the convention center?

Yes, as said before repeatedly, allowing otherwise legal carry was a requirement by the NRA to seal the deal. The city had to waive the "no firearms" rule this weekend.

One of the first things I saw as I walked in was a tiny little twenty something in her skin tight jeans, tight Tee, and a glock on one hip, and a mag carrier on the other.

You usually had to look close. Watch people as they move about and print ever so slightly. It was a glorious sight to behold.

I lost track of the number of armed individuals I saw there. (myself included)

tbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I just ate at Steak and Shake. Miraculously no violence broke out. The two police officers by the door said that they're there every weekend and this was the most polite crowd they had seen in a long time.

Waveraider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I wonder what the punks hanging at Circle Center Mall are thinking right now, with thousands of old Guy's walking around with pistols strapped to their side. I bet this weekend is the safest of the year.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I have to go downtown tomorrow, I'm not looking forward to the crowd.

I'll be very uneasy with all those pistol-packin' hillbillies around. Oh wait, I'll be one of them.:laugh:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I have to give them credit, the local news was crying their eyes out, including commercials about how bad firearms are, and that this world will never be a good place to live until they get all those evil weapons off the streets. Yep, gotta hand it to the news, unfair and unbalanced.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    If you do go downtown, do everyone a favor and don't leave your recently purchased firearms in your car with the "I'm a gun owner" stickers everywhere. I heard 3 vehicle break ins with weapons stolen from 2:00-3:00. Actually this goes for anything. Don't park your car and leave your ipad on the dash or your wife's purse on the front seat.

longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Gonna go out on a limb, and say that downtown Indy will be the safest city in the country for at least this weekend. News probably won't report it, unless of course, there is an accidental discharge.

cop car

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Southside
    > 95% of those I saw at the convention had no visible firearm

I only noticed 2-3 people open carrying, but then again I wasn't eye fing everyone. I would guess that 25% or so of people 50+ had firearms, and 50-60% of people under 50 had them. that's the way it usually goes. 18-30 year olds IMO have the highest percentage of carry

oh and I was concealing, per 100% of my day lol

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Yes, as said before repeatedly, allowing otherwise legal carry was a requirement by the NRA to seal the deal. The city had to waive the "no firearms" rule this weekend.

One of the first things I saw as I walked in was a tiny little twenty something in her skin tight jeans, tight Tee, and a glock on one hip, and a mag carrier on the other.

You usually had to look close. Watch people as they move about and print ever so slightly. It was a glorious sight to behold.

I lost track of the number of armed individuals I saw there. (myself included)

The city does not have a no firearms rule. Same goes for the convention center. IC states that no government entity may pass nor enforce a prohibition on firearms, ammunition, or firearms accessory. The convention center is owned by a government entity, and as such, is not legally able to prohibit carrying a firearm. The caveat to that is that they may allow someone who leases the property, in this case the NRA, to prohibit or allow firearms and then they are legally allowed to enforce the policy. So if the NRA was "fighting" someone to allow firearms at the event, they were fighting themselves or an illegal directive. Just saying.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    Now they have hijacked the IndyStar.com homepage:

Don't think that these people, who have been duped by Mr. Bloomberg and the like into thinking this is about anything but banning any and all guns, are anything more than the same "sheeple" who would trash their freedom for a hollow promise of safety we've been seeing all along.

It's the same nonsensical argument by the similarly misnamed MAIG group. Namely that the NRA and gun owners are the BAD GUYS and we need more and better laws to get all these guns "off our streets." It's about the children, remember the children! Oh the children...

As much as these folks would love it to be true the hard facts remain that GUNS TO NOT CAUSE CRIME. Sadly even yesterday, again in CT, a student was killed in a school. But NOT with a gun, but with a knife. The weapons are NOT the problem. The problem that NONE of these so-called "gun safety" groups want to address is WHY people more and more resort to deadly violence to resolve their issues. I have my own theory on this but it's not popular among leftist-elitists. But for them, the EMOTIONAL traction they get with these "plea for safety" ploys is just one more way to advance their true agenda of disarming the American people so that we can take the next step in joining the "world community." Right now we can't do that because we're special and in the "progressive" world-view, the only people allowed to be special are THEM!

The liberal-run Indy Star as well as the local TV stations have been falling over themselves to put this new group on the headlines.

Top Bottom