• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    So what's accomplished by this? You run one of the better local gun stores out of business? I'm really not one of the anti-government types that populate this board that think any kind of government agency is the devil, but I don't understand why you think this is a good idea.

Elmore's, for the most part, has nothing but a good reputation, on this board and in the local gun community in general. They have, by far, the best selection of 1911's in the Indianapolis area, if not the state, and have consistently reasonable prices.

What's going to happen now, with your running off and reporting minor infractions, is the ATF is going to come down with the hammer and run another good business out of existence. Let the ATF do their jobs. Don't do it for them.

If they are doing thing like this then they are not one of the "better local gun shops". Would you consider it a "minor infraction" if a illegally purchased weapon was used against someone you care about? If they are not checking people then who knows who they are selling to.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Boonies and Cloverdale
    If you were me would you want a straw purchase or out the door purchase going to steve deputy?

He could easily get to here from elmores.... and knows where my girls mom and stepdad live.... Out the door with a gun and maybe ammo before a check is done....

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    can someone with knowledge please comment on this if its true:

this is hearsay because i dont know it as fact, but id like to know the truth. was told a while back that elmore had another gun shop but lost his FFL for shady business dealings, and that the new shop is in his wifes name because he cant get another FFL. is this true?

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Heaven forbid if members of INGO have a different opinion than the owner or moderators.. that is a crime in itself.

Sir, posting something like that will get you negative rep, Pm's and hurt feelings. Just wanted you to know what you are getting into. :)

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    Sir, posting something like that will get you negative rep, Pm's and hurt feelings. Just wanted you to know what you are getting into. :)

So be it.. or maybe even a deleted post or posts with no explanation of why it was deleted is more accurate.. at least that seems to be the case with me as of late.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    +1 to machinegun apparently Im all out of rep to give

Got him for you.

Back to the topic @ hand. Can't recall who did the speculation about the gun coming "in" illegally and then being sold illegally.

Say this is the case lets add something else to the mix. Say the gun that came in was used in a crime BEFORE it came in. Now say buyer has some type of interaction with LEO (pulled over and LEO inspects gun and finds out it was in a crime.) What occurs to the gun and the buyer.

Yes for the immediate time the buyer probably goes to jail until he gets his reciept showing he bought the gun at xyz. But afterwards does he still get to keep the gun? I would imagaine the gun will be used in a trial so the LEO will retain custody but after the trial what then?

Thanks

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    Got him for you.

Back to the topic @ hand. Can't recall who did the speculation about the gun coming "in" illegally and then being sold illegally.

Say this is the case lets add something else to the mix. Say the gun that came in was used in a crime BEFORE it came in. Now say buyer has some type of interaction with LEO (pulled over and LEO inspects gun and finds out it was in a crime.) What occurs to the gun and the buyer.

Yes for the immediate time the buyer probably goes to jail until he gets his reciept showing he bought the gun at xyz. But afterwards does he still get to keep the gun? I would imagaine the gun will be used in a trial so the LEO will retain custody but after the trial what then?

Thanks

i was the one speculating.

good point you make. the buyer would be out all his money, except if he won a sute against the gun shop, and not even one night in jail is worth it because of someone elses mistake.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    same here machinegun..... my posts get deleted but there is a thread on bacon flavored cupcakes

all the threads i got rep in that were deleted just say whorin on my rep page

Nope, your posts were mysteriously deleted because you were banned over the weekend for deliberately trying to sidestep the site rules. That was a temporary ban until you then decided to create no less than half a dozen new accounts, some of which were used to berate the staff for your first banning. All of those were also banned. We allowed you to continue on with this latest persona, but it's clear that your first banning was entirely appropriate. We're going to go ahead and ban this account, too, ArmyMP.

Walt_Jabsco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Nope, your posts were mysteriously deleted because you were banned over the weekend for deliberately trying to sidestep the site rules. That was a temporary ban until you then decided to create no less than half a dozen new accounts, some of which were used to berate the staff for your first banning. All of those were also banned. We allowed you to continue on with this latest persona, but it's clear that your first banning was entirely appropriate. We're going to go ahead and ban this account, too, ArmyMP.

That guy is ArmyMP? Man, this makes a lot more sense now.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    i was the one speculating.

good point you make. the buyer would be out all his money, except if he won a sute against the gun shop, and not even one night in jail is worth it because of someone elses mistake.

True but does one ever really know if the gun they are buying from a gun store has not been used in a crime before? I'm not talking about a new gun still in the box which has never been fired (apart from the test fire done at the manf). But all the "used" guns that they have for sale. How are those checked?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom