• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    You never really know why threads are locked. Sure things may of gotten personal but this topic is a pretty big deal. Of course you never know what personal relationship the mods have with elmores either.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Boonies and Cloverdale
    I think it was kinda dumb to lock it as well.. I have witnessed straw purchase at Elmores... Some to "tupac" wanna be's but then again the mods are god... they do what they want.... I guess

Apparently to someone my post asking about someones newly purchased coat and if it had access to a holster, or sharing my political beliefs about voting for the candidate that best suits my issues and if i cant find one I write in clintons name... were spam posts...But yet there is a thread about bacon flavored cupcakes.... i find that pretty dumb... mine was a reasonable post.

absolute power corrupts absolutely?

Walt_Jabsco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So on topic about Elmore's, I have to say that I don't have a problem with Elmore's doing this. Ranger, you're a long time customer, as you've described, a Veteran (distinguished, presumably, if Ranger isn't just a nom-de-pleur you chose randomly), and the store was trying to help you out and avoid some hassle. It's incredibly unlikely you committed a felony since your last visit and even if you had, it's sort of a moot point if you have another gun, as the store knows about the several you already have.

You're going out of your way to throw a fit about the fact that someone else was putting themselves on the line for your benefit.

For instance, virtually every time I buy a gun, I'm delayed by NICS, which I attribute to my own veteran status (didn't happen before I went to Iraq and it does now). In a day or so, it always clears up. But a few gun stores I frequent (and won't name here, for their benefit) who know about the delay situation will either not call it in right away, because they know me, or let me walk with my purchase right away. Are they breaking the rules? Yes. Am I criminal, out to rape and pillage with my newly acquired gun? No.

Just chill out man.

Last edited:

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Holy crap .....really? Why would you ever post this on the web?
    So on topic about Elmore's, I have to say that I don't have a problem with Elmore's doing this. Ranger, you're a long time customer, as you've described, a Veteran (distinguished, presumably, if Ranger isn't just a nom-de-pleur you chose randomly), and the store was trying to help you out and avoid some hassle. It's incredibly unlikely you committed a felony since your last visit and even if you had, it's sort of a moot point if you have another gun, as the store knows about the several you already have.

You're going out of your way to throw a fit about the fact that someone else was putting themselves on the line for your benefit.

For instance, virtually every time I buy a gun, I'm delayed by NICS, which I attribute to my own veteran status (didn't happen before I went to Iraq and it does now). In a day or so, it always clears up. But a few gun stores I frequent (and won't name here, for their benefit) who know about the delay situation will either not call it in right away, because they know me, or let me walk with my purchase right away. Are they breaking the rules? Yes. Am I criminal, out to rape and pillage with my newly acquired gun? No.

Just chill out man.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN

Just chill out man.

so you are publicly condoning breaking the law :dunno:

i hope you realize that the ATF views the boards looking for just this sort of information

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Boonies and Cloverdale
    Yeah just because it is nice doesnt mean its alright..... It would be nice and very convient for me to make my girlfriends exhusband an invalid... but it isnt right....

and the whole moderator /xyz dealer is a valid point conflicts of interest do happen quit regularly in life..

oh and apparently stating that the kid in russia but a railgun was apparently a spam post as well.... its funny I was at 20 something posts a minute ago and now back to 16... lol

Its funny I dont see my self as a spammer? In the last 3 days I have bought/sold/traded?

Nothing on INGO...

SO I guess what my point is: is that the mods should worry about getting the admitted criminals like walt off the board since he has admitted to violating Indiana Code and Federal law and spend less time deciding whos posts are valid and deleting reasonable threads.....

Just my two cents... IBTL

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Anytime any shop bends or breaks the law that is very bad news! I will not deal with a shop that does that kind of business. It is actions like that, that give gun owners a bad rep. Yes sometimes the laws are a pain and dont always make much sense, but we still need to follow them.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    walt, i wont attack you personally for the decisions you make, because they are yours alone to make. On this i will have to agree to disagree with you. again, if i would have known they were breaking the law, i would have NEVER walked out of there with a gun, period. and long time customer or not, they lost me now. but they dont care, there will always be people to come behind me. but to those of us who dont wanna intentionaly break the law, now you know whats going on. make your own choices, im not your daddy. and yes i did proudly serve my country as an Army Ranger.

Walt_Jabsco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I don't know that moderators are trying to lean the board in the favor of one shop or another or trying to protect somebody (certainly not the case in the many flame boards about Don's and Pop Guns) but IndyMonkey is right, everyone has some sort of preference towards one store or another.

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008

Just chill out man.

Walt
    your post makes you seem dishonest, you say you go to a shop that you know will skirt around the law for your benefit. Please read the OP, I am wanting to know what to do when this happens and how to handle it, not other ways to break the law. If you have an issue with ranger please send him a pm don't crap on him in this thread, I would like it to stay open.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Which shop do you prefer?

My affiliation is public knowledge. Do you see me closing threads or removing unfavorable posts regarding that place? No, because that's not how the Mods roll.

If you are going to make inflammatory accusations about the INGO staff, you had better have some damn convincing evidence to back them up with. Do you?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom