Indianapolis
    RIP ArmyMP
    Gotcha.jpg

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    True but does one ever really know if the gun they are buying from a gun store has not been used in a crime before? I'm not talking about a new gun still in the box which has never been fired (apart from the test fire done at the manf). But all the "used" guns that they have for sale. How are those checked?

THAT is a great question, and I have no clue as to the answer(reason for the op) if the gun was used in a crime and then sold to the gun shop they would never know would they? not until a department did a ballistics test would you know if it was used in a crime, right?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'm glad this came up. I'm always willing to try new FFL's and I went here once. Glad to know they're not always doing the right thing even though I've already made up my mind about them before this.

The guy who called them Don's South is pretty much right on. I bought a scope from them a while back for my Remmy 700. While I got good service and they mounted and sighted it in for me, I found out later I got screwed. My fault for not paying attention to my own research, but still. I bought a $100 scope for $150. I looked at it wrong and thought it was the higher grade scope line and thought I was getting a good deal. Unfortunately that was not the case. I could have taken it back for a refund, but I just wrote it off as a lose and never went back.

E5RANGER375 you did not knowingly at the time attempt to break any laws or skirt any rules.

I think you are in the clear. The burden of proof would be on the shop in this case.

AND unless it was not called in........,
    how can you or anyone else (paging ATF) make a case
    that it happened that way? Your word against theirs?
    It seems like some real evidence would be needed for any action.
    Not calling you a liar by any means but if it came down to it it would be your word against theirs.

Ranger, I have to agree with the above post. I just hope you can prove your side for your sake when you do talk to the ATF. They are ALL About paperwork and proof.

Kudos to you for letting us know about this situation and don't worry about the nay-sayers.

300sx

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    ss of indy
    The guy who called them Don's South is pretty much right on. I bought a scope from them a while back for my Remmy 700. While I got good service and they mounted and sighted it in for me, I found out later I got screwed. My fault for not paying attention to my own research, but still. I bought a $100 scope for $150. I looked at it wrong and thought it was the higher grade scope line and thought I was getting a good deal. Unfortunately that was not the case. I could have taken it back for a refund, but I just wrote it off as a lose and never went back.

i have noticed that some of their prices are a little over internet prices.but they will negotiate to a very reasonable price..yea they might have a retail price on an item they don't sell alot, but talk them down..

i will say i couldn't get a new h&k 9 any cheaper ANYWHERE(even used) than what they gave it to me for..and i talked the price over the phone..

also i have always been called in there and a buddy of mine had to wait the max to pick his gun up from there..they are very helpful to me and my questions..i dont buy alot from them but when i do i get a good deal.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    ive gotten good deals in there too, but ive also seen people get screwed. but ive seen that in most all shops ive been to. sometimes dealers need to make budget and theres always some guy who dont do his research that comes in and blindly buys and helps them meet it. Even though i think on some items they have great deals on, and others crappy ones. that is not the point in question here. its the fact that if they break the law once on something with a guarenteed good outcome for them (i would and always have been approved, so they put their FFL on the line for nothing) then what else will or have they broke the law on? and how many times is it gonna happen before they are caught or before a criminal "legaly" but "illegaly" buys a gun from them and kills some people with it. you think things are tight now, then just wait till anti gun nutz get ahold of stories like that.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    E5Ranger, I sure hope you can prove the accusations you are making in court.

To "think" someone is dirty, then come on to a public forum and defame their character with statements of "back room" selling and criminal activity.

I think once they get a whiff of this, you are going to be hearing from their lawyer.

pftraining_in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    IN: South of I-70
    Has a report been filed or an official complaint filed with the ATF? Has an investigation began? Until this has occurred this is only hearsay.

Keep in mind that other than a post on the internet, is there any other hard evidence of this occurrence?

Could this post be made by an upset customer or someone with an alternative motive?

This stands for any post on the internet, not just this one, about a person or company made under a screen name.

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008

To "think" someone is dirty, then come on to a public forum and defame their character with statements of "back room" selling and criminal activity.

I think once they get a whiff of this, you are going to be hearing from their lawyer.

"IF" they are skirting the law, the last thing they will want to do is take a case like this to court. I have no doubt they already know of this posting, they seem to have a few supporters here who will no doubt go running to them.
    You are being no different , you(nor I) know the facts but you assume he is wrong and will get sued. If they are breaking the law they should be shut down, if not, like you said, they will have their day in court.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    ...............We allowed you to continue on with this latest persona, but it's clear that your first banning was entirely appropriate. We're going to go ahead and ban this account, too, ArmyMP.

:eek:

:ugh:..... I was just about to pull out $200 for that potato cannon :spend:....... dang, oh well back to the drawing board. :cool:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

well i have my receipt. i dont think they called it in later, but if they did then it will be their word against mine. all i can say is, if they are doing this constanly then i highly doubt my incident will or has been the only one reported. They know they did it. i never run away from telling the truth because of fear of being sued. anyone can sue you for anything. plus im not the only one in this thread that has seen shady things there. thats why i made it public so we all can share knowledge and make informed decisions in thhe future. dont matter to me if they know about it because of people running and telling them to hopefully get in their good graces. it happened, cant rewind time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom