• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    E5ranger and I had a private discussion and made nice. While I still believe he could have phrased his comment better, I no longer believe it was intended as a swipe and I want to apologize publicly for over-reacting. I also want to apologize to smitty for potentially derailing his thread.

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    E5ranger and I had a private discussion and made nice. While I still believe he could have phrased his comment better, I no longer believe it was intended as a swipe and I want to apologize publicly for over-reacting. I also want to apologize to smitty for potentially derailing his thread.

It's all good, there have actually been some good questions and comments mixed in with everything else.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    a001.gif

Glad to see the train back on the tracks! Important topics bring out the passion in all of us and sometimes that can lead to misunderstanding. Kudos to you guys for manning up and getting this back on topic.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    First, thanks for posting a legit question. I think the store has still screwed up by letting a person take a gun out the door without doing a check, even if it's a family member, the laws, like them or not, are there for a reason. If they call and say bring it back, what is the buyer's motivation to return it?

I agree. And, I think it's a BAD idea also, like you said, to let the firearm out of the building.
    I hope it's all just not true or something (just hoping), I'd hate to see a gun shop get pounced on by the ATF---they don't like firearms nor the people who sell and own them. That'd be a BAD deal. They sell a lot of stuff that cannot be found at many many gun shops in the area.

I'm just hoping the sell of the firearm was a personally owned one somehow.... just hoping. :):

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I'm just hoping the sell of the firearm was a personally owned one somehow.... just hoping. :):

yep they deffinately like you said have a lot of good unique tactical things that cant be found anywhere else. thats why ive done a lot of business there, and im sad in a way to know i will never set foot through the door again. but even if it was a personal (buddies) gun like i thought might be the case. if it comes into the shop and is being sold through the shop then they still have to put it in the books and call the background check in, right?

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    yep they deffinately like you said have a lot of good unique tactical things that cant be found anywhere else. thats why ive done a lot of business there, and im sad in a way to know i will never set foot through the door again. but even if it was a personal (buddies) gun like i thought might be the case. if it comes into the shop and is being sold through the shop then they still have to put it in the books and call the background check in, right?

I agree. Why not? Put down the cigarette :n00b:, and do it! I think it's amazing that any of them are alive. The amount of nicotine stimulation and tar... :):

If it if all true, I can see a 'big black truck' backing up to their front door reeeeeeeaaallll soon. Especially if some ATF nerd is reading this thread... "OHHHH a bust!! let's get em'! "

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    You are being no different , you(nor I) know the facts but you assume he is wrong and will get sued. If they are breaking the law they should be shut down, if not, like you said, they will have their day in court.

I assume nothing, wrong or right.

I have my own issues with that place.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    can someone with knowledge please comment on this if its true:

this is hearsay because i dont know it as fact, but id like to know the truth. was told a while back that elmore had another gun shop but lost his FFL for shady business dealings, and that the new shop is in his wifes name because he cant get another FFL. is this true?

I am sure the ATF would help you out with that... have you filed your report yet?

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    i think that statement is very niave... If i were a betting man, i would bet that the atf pays people to do nothing but watch boards like this.

well i dont agree with you about the nieve part, but i do agree with you about the being watched part. but they do that in everything. if they could snap pictures of everyone leaving everygun shop in america they would do it, but heck they dont need to, they have access to the records, or at least are supposed to.

but i will say, if they check it out and take action, its not my fault. its the fault of the shop for doing the wrong thing. just like if a guy murders someone and a witness identifies him, its not the witnesses fault hes in jail, its the murderers fault. i cant believe a couple guys on here were dogging me earlier about reporting it.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    i will be doing so this week with the help of legal council. i dont ever enjoy dealing with the feds, and will never answer any LE questions without a lawyer.

Good man. I hate to call the COPS on anyone let alone the FEDS. However, if you think something like this is going on, it's only a matter of time before they get busted on their own, only through worse circumstances... Like, oh, I don't know... a Felon buying a gun that they thought they could "trust" and him committing a crime with said gun. I think that would make the situation 10000000000x's worse than a law abiding gun owner turning them in. But that's just my opinion and we all know about opinions...

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'd like to think that a business owner would not risk their livelihood for a few bucks, but if they do something enough it adds up to a good chunk of money. And if they do something wrong long enough it will also increase the chance of getting caught (mathmatically).
    And it happens so much in all kinds of businesses it really boggles my brain.

Anyways, I don't care for their customer skills and wouldn't feel sad to know they got bit on the tail. But that's just me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom