Not open for further replies.

Walt_Jabsco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Walt
    your post makes you seem dishonest, you say you go to a shop that you know will skirt around the law for your benefit. Please read the OP, I am wanting to know what to do when this happens and how to handle it, not other ways to break the law. If you have an issue with ranger please send him a pm don't crap on him in this thread, I would like it to stay open.

Wait, I don't understand this one. I'm delayed, every time I purchase a gun, except on random occasions when I'm not. I have never been denied and never will be as I'm entirely allowed to own and purchase firearms. My delays are anywhere from one day to as short as fifteen minutes, depending on the day and number of calls going into NICS.

I'm dishonest because someone I've purchased from before wants to keep me from having to drive out again?

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Assuming that the Mods have a personal relationship with XYZ dealer and will delete posts and lock threads that make said dealer look bad is "reasonable"? Riiiight. :rolleyes:

Looks like this thread is bound for the toilet, too.

Shooter
    If you guys lock this thread because of that I think you will have proved his point for him. I know you guys take a lot worse crap than that and keep on rolling.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    If I desire a paper free transaction, I will buy or trade for a gun in a private sale. If I'm buying a new gun, I want the transaction done properly. While I appreciate that some gun shops may think they are doing their customers a favor by saving them some hassle, I personally want to no part of it. I like my gun transactions to be completely clearcut and legal. If a shop offered, I'd tell them I didn't mind waiting, and explain why if I had to.

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Wait, I don't understand this one. I'm delayed, every time I purchase a gun, except on random occasions when I'm not. I have never been denied and never will be as I'm entirely allowed to own and purchase firearms. My delays are anywhere from one day to as short as fifteen minutes, depending on the day and number of calls going into NICS.

I'm dishonest because someone I've purchased from before wants to keep me from having to drive out again?

If you know you are going to be delayed and go to a shop that will let you take the gun anyway, then something in that isn't right.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN

YES, because you were knowingly breaking the law. is it wrong to take an item from a store that you DIDNT PAY FOR, knowing that you would come back later and pay? YES, its called STEALING. this is no differant.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    My affiliation is public knowledge. Do you see me closing threads or removing unfavorable posts regarding that place? No, because that's not how the Mods roll.

If you are going to make inflammatory accusations about the INGO staff, you had better have some damn convincing evidence to back them up with. Do you?

Go back and read my post Because your not grasping what I was saying.

I also don't know or care what shop you prefer.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Go back and read my post Because your not grasping what I was saying.

Maybe you should spell it out perfectly clearly and stop trying to be coy.

Suppose Elmore's is Scutter01's favorite shop in the whole world? How would that affect the performance of his Mod duties here on INGO? If you're not insinuating favoritism or bias, what ARE you trying to say?

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010

Suppose Elmore's is Scutter01's favorite shop in the whole world? How would that affect the performance of his Mod duties here on INGO? If you're not insinuating favoritism or bias, what ARE you trying to say?

Beats me as I don't know scutter

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    I am very curious why this got locked..https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/local_gun_shops/79937-elmore_s_firearms.html#post900226 This is the kind of thing we NEED to be talking about. Did Ranger handle it perfectly, no, did he break the law,no, could he have been a little less aggressive on his post, yes, but I don't think that is his personality, if it was he would have been a cook, not a ranger. If Elmore's is doing things off the books, we, as law abiding gun owners need to know this. I have never bought a gun there and am not sure I would now. I use two FFL's and I am fairly confident they are doing there job correctly.

If you think a FFL holder is being shady, what steps should be taken? Should we say "go ahead and call it in, I'll feel better" should we not purchase the gun? what if it is a transfer and we have already paid for the gun? Should we contact the ATF? I think these are things we need to know the answers to, they are almost as important as where we can and cannot carry, and there are a lot of threads on that.

What if Elmore's called it in later, and just sold the pistol in good faith. If they knew him, they could call and say 'no go'? :twocents:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    i just got a hate message from a user that probly is a guy who just created a new account to attack me for "attacking members on the internet" lol kinda hypocritical himself considering he called me an idiot (an "attack" by forum rules), but FOR THE RECORD: In the other thread that was closed, my "personal attack" against the other member that i got a point for was that i called him a name, maybe 2, i dont remember. but i didnt threaten him. just to make it clear. yes i was wrong for name calling, but i didnt threaten. thanks

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    All I was saying is that it is not unconcievable for it to happen. I didnt accuse you or anyone Else of doing it.

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008

I am old and slow to catch on, but now I see the light. The thread was locked because of the attack and who was attacked. I think the who was more important in this case than the attack it's self and it has nothing to do with elmore's.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    so you are publicly condoning breaking the law

i hope you realize that the ATF views the boards looking for just this sort of information

Well, how is this different when pro-gun folks say that if guns are ever outlawed, they wouldn't turn their guns in, bury them, whatever and just break the law? This kind of comment is very common on gun message boards. I have no idea the state and federal laws concerning gun transactions, but if a person has an issue with what may or may not be a violation of the law, they should contact the ATF and let them know.

Of course if guns are banned by the government, said poster should immediately turn all his/her guns over as directed by law!! :D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Boonies and Cloverdale

Absolute power corrupts absolutely? Like I said before I have a very nice personal relationship with the department head in plumbing at lowes.. I do push people looking for plumbing towards him and blow off any bad ideas they have at lowes and make them shine a little better..... Im just angry at someone acting like god and deleting my reasonable posts...

Especially the one about Elmores... I have witness 1st hand straw purchases and no background check purchases... like it was said before by someone else.. i consider elmores the dons of the south.....

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    All I was saying is that it is not unconcievable for it to happen. I didnt accuse you or anyone Else of doing it.

OK, whatever, dude. :rolleyes:

I do push people looking for plumbing towards him and blow off any bad ideas they have at lowes and make them shine a little better.....

It may happen on other forums with other Mods, but not here. End of story.

Im just angry at someone acting like god and deleting my reasonable posts...

If you have an issue with a particular Moderator, take it up with him by PM, please.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom