• Status
    Not open for further replies.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Better than the show portrays?

How are they not good people on the show?

They seem more than willing to follow any contrived plot to make a show. For all the hunters here, I'm surprised nobody has an issue with Phil's attitude towards game wardens or trespassing on golf courses.

I think their flippant attitude in the Nativity episode was pretty bad. But hey, it made good tv, I guess.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Truth be told, I feel the same way towards people that buy Glocks.

GLOCK HATER!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't you know we are a protected class!!! I see this with lots of brands anymore. I CrossFit and when Reebok took them over, they came out with CrossFit everything...socks, cups, headbands, etc. It would normally be junk but with CrossFit's brand on it, it becomes top dollar and fools buy the junk ONLY because of the branding.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    At least we have something relatively new to incite outrage in some, too-cool-for-school ennui in the usual suspects, and self-righteous indignation in others! Woo-hoo!

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    You made a statement about Piers Morgan's negative opinion of firearms. Phil has a negative opinion about gays. You either agree with silencing them both, or neither.

One is trying to deny people their rights and rails on and on about it, the other expressed his religious beliefs and doesn't hate on the sinners he disagrees with.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    His comments about the black folks is going to get him in more trouble than what he said about the gay guys......

Biblical part cast aside.....he does make one wonder what them guys is thinking.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    His comments about the black folks is going to get him in more trouble than what he said about the gay guys......

Biblical part cast aside.....he does make one wonder what them guys is thinking.

That's just now popping up. Personally, I can see how they could be considered offensive, but I doubt he bigoted. Stupid is too strong a word. I think he simply is ignorant, or really hasn't put much thought into that particular view.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    If their faces are on it, suckers will buy it.

That applies to anything. It's not like celebrity endorsements started with them. Heck, people will buy things with Notre Dame on it. I find the two to be equal in many ways.

But, does this fracas raise or lower DD stock? For their fans, I would think having them play the 'persecuted by liberals' card raises their opinions of DD.

As for A&E, I haven't watched that cesspool since their zenith of Horatio Hornblower and Nero Wolfe Mysteries.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    That applies to anything. It's not like celebrity endorsements started with them. Heck, people will buy things with Notre Dame on it. I find the two to be equal in many ways.

But, does this fracas raise or lower DD stock? For their fans, I would think having them play the 'persecuted by liberals' card raises their opinions of DD.

As for A&E, I haven't watched that cesspool since their zenith of Horatio Hornblower and Nero Wolfe Mysteries.

Oh I agree with you 100%. This is just ONE small example in the GIANT world of marketing. FTR I have nothing against DD, I have never watched it but I applaud their ability to create a brand and do well from it.

Miketodd

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I love how this country teaches "Tolerance" but forgets that it isn't the same as "accepting". You can be tolerant of a persons and their actions, but you don't have to be accepting of said actions.
    People just don't understand that the Robertson clan DOESN't NEED A&E. They built a multi million dollar company before them and people will continue to support their products because they are THAT good.
    Just remember, if you decided to support the Robertsons. Please purchase from Duck Commander. This is their website and the money goes straight to their company, A&E doesn't have any affiliation with items that come from there.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    ^^^ somehow, referring to the DD family as a "clan," in light of recent events, gives me the trembles. LoL

I keed, I keed

drop45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2012
    My empire of dirt
    If it makes yous guys feel any better New Mexico just approved gay marriage. Me and my three wives are very exited about this bit of news. Perhaps one day we'll be recognized and legalized by our lawmakers too.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom