Not open for further replies.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Official family statement.

The way I read it, it is Phil or no show. A&E needs Duck Dynasty more then the Robertson's need the DD show on A&E. They have more bargaining power then A&E does. Remember when the network wanted the show to stop with guns and religion. They said no to that and won.

Got a link to the statement?

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Do you really think there will be deceased viewership of A&E, and it's holdings, due to this? I just don't see it.
    A large portion of the viewership of A&E is Duck Dynasty and A&E just ticked off a large portion of the viewers of DD. How can you think their ratings won't be harmed?

Well, so much for family. Phil would be better of if some of his kin where INGO members, lol.

Did you read the family's statement? BTW, why are you only responding to the posts that are "convenient" for you to respond to? You haven't answered any of the critical questions asked or rebutted any of the truly credible statements made about your stance. Is that because you want to just keep trolling without actually taking part in meaningful discussion?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    seems like his employer is disciplining him due to his religious beliefs to me...thinking lawsuit

...and if so, you'd think that would be a good thing?

Doesn't matter. The law is the law...
    image_zps24475cfe.jpg

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Sounds to me A&E is getting ready to step in a pile of legal dodo if the Robertson's really wanted to push the issue...Don't think they would though.

Seems pretty clear to me.

bunny-eating-popcorn-o.gif
    I'm sure A&E is smart enough to make the claim it wasn't about their religion. They'll make the claim it violated some term of their contract, hate speech, tolerance, blah, blah, blah....

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I think it has something to do with the War against Christians. This War is not only in this Country, but around the planet.

Do you think God is watching us? I do.

It should be a war against all organized religion as that is what has caused most of the hatred and intolerance in the world. Created the most dead bodies. All for some wizards in the sky. Shameful.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    Does not apply. An employer cannot use religion as a basis for denying or terminating employment. They certainly can restrict what you say or do publicly when acting as a representative of the company.

Perhaps he was representing Duck Commander (his own company) and not the Duck Dynasty show. The show didn't make them millionaires, it just made them more money they didn't need.

Also, most of hte next season is filmed already so he will probably end up in that. They will negotiate for season six and I will say that without Phil, no season six on A&E.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Don't get me wrong, I think the suspension is a ***** move by A&E. They're pandering to a bunch of whiners who likely aren't even really offended. I just think it's quite a stretch to label this as "firing him for being Christian".

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Does not apply. An employer cannot use religion as a basis for denying or terminating employment. They certainly can restrict what you say or do publicly when acting as a representative of the company.

Granted. See followup post. Though in this case, the termination followed and seemed to be directly as a result of an interview where Phil espoused his position and based it on his religious beliefs. I'm not sure if that would be enough to gain enough traction as if somebody got fired "because we don't like Catholics" and I'm not sure they really care enough to pursue it to that end.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

They were not employees of A&E, they simply had a business arrangement so it doesnt really matter

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom