Donald J. Trump. Messiah? Poopiehead? Discuss...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There were lots of unprovoked attacks on both sides. I saw a number of WNs pepper spraying people who were simply yelling in their direction. There's plenty of blame to go around. I do agree that if the anti-protester people had let them have their march, there probably wouldn't have been any violence, but the WNs wouldn't have considered that a success. They wanted the anti-protesters to show up. They wanted a fight.

Yep. It's clear they both geared up for confrontation. They both wanted to fight. Well. Except for the alt-right beta geek. He apparently geared up to search for water the whole time and practice his "military" speak.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The events that proceeded the next days event.

Torch-carrying white nationalists descend on UVA | New York Post

Oh yeah conducting a torch carrying ceremony and shouting racist remarks real good way to kick things off.

As I said in the other thread, it didn't create much unity when black racists did it. Certainly it's not going to produce better results when white racisists do it. Both resulted in violence. Not caring about race is clearly superior to caring about race. But you guys like to virtue signal and virtue shame so it gets perpetuated.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    As I said in the other thread, it didn't create much unity when black racists did it. Certainly it's not going to produce better results when white racisists do it. Both resulted in violence. Not caring about race is clearly superior to caring about race. But you guys like to virtue signal and virtue shame so it gets perpetuated.

And what guys are that exactly?

No virtual shaming here, actual shaming and ostracize absolutely.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    And what guys are that exactly?

No virtual shaming here, actual shaming and ostracize absolutely.

In your uninformed opinion based on your beliefs about what virtue is. I am justified in calling your opinion uninformed because you have admitted that you won't listen to the other side because you think it's morally repulsive. So therefore you don't even understand your own point of view because you won't hear the other side. You just put every individual component into a big monolithic box-o-bigots.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    And what exactally does this have to do with Trump? Are we past that discussion?

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    In your uninformed opinion based on your beliefs about what virtue is. I am justified in calling your opinion uninformed because you have admitted that you won't listen to the other side because you think it's morally repulsive. So therefore you don't even understand your own point of view because you won't hear the other side. You just put every individual component into a big monolithic box-o-bigots.

Okay, anything else?

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    The more people talked, the more Hillary's numbers went up, up, up.

Talk is cheap.

Numbers are even cheaper.

Actually the numbers were extremely close to reality. Well with the exception of a few key states and the bit where most predicted that the undecideds would go 50 50.

So we'll just have to wait and see.

Anyway, given the current trend it appears as he continues to go down down down. Unless he gets some kind of political victory I don't see that trend changing. If he were to pull off some kind of victory with North Korea or something of that nature it could change. But right now he can't even handle the thing in Charlottesville appropriately. Yeah he needs something, because for now all he's been is more bluster or bluff and no action.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Actually the numbers were extremely close to reality. Well with the exception of a few key states and the bit where most predicted that the undecideds would go 50 50.

Anyway, given the current trend it appears as he continues to go down down down. Unless he gets some kind of political victory I don't see that trend changing. If we where to pull off some kind of victory with North Korea or something of that nature it could change. But right now he can't even handle the thing in Charlottesville appropriately. Yeah he needs something, because for now all he's been is more bluster or bluff and no action.

He got a political victory... in Charlottesville. His supporters there were quite happy with him.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville

Anyway, given the current trend it appears as he continues to go down down down. Unless he gets some kind of political victory I don't see that trend changing. If he were to pull off some kind of victory with North Korea or something of that nature it could change. But right now he can't even handle the thing in Charlottesville appropriately. Yeah he needs something, because for now all he's been is more bluster or bluff and no action.

There are a few who wanted, and may even still want the numbers to matter, but they don't.

We don't need to wait and see anything, Trump doesn't need anything, he has become all things

...good and bad.

Bluster and bluff are cheap, but not as cheap as numbers.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    He got a political victory... in Charlottesville. His supporters there were quite happy with him.

Well yeah, he's been fairly good at getting those kind of victories. He has evidently lost a few though as his numbers have gotten lower. He's never been that good at winning anymore people over though. Well, he got one in Syria, but other than that not much so far.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    And what exactally does this have to do with Trump? Are we past that discussion?
    Trump is still a
    51801_2000x2000.jpg

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

It seems reasonable enough that Trump would have people happy with him, both WN/WS fringe and normal conservatives. After all, he condemned violence across the board regardless of who is doing it rather than telling one side they have no place in this country and high-fiving the other side.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It seems reasonable enough that Trump would have people happy with him, both WN/WS fringe and normal conservatives. After all, he condemned violence across the board regardless of who is doing it rather than telling one side they have no place in this country and high-fiving the other side.

Nah, I wasn't speaking of all his supporters, just the one's in Charlottesville who were at the Rally. Now those same people are probably mad. His original message was really weak. The one he gave today was much better. I applaud him for it. He sounded presidential, and the talking heads on the news channels that are giving him grief, I disagree with.

Top Bottom