Donald J. Trump. Messiah? Poopiehead? Discuss...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    A progressive wet dream.

Trump tweet: Oh, Mr. Kim, Please don't threaten us. We will do anything you want us to do. We plan on withdrawing all of our troops from South Korea and our fleet from the sea of Japan. We are sorry.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    McMaster will probably be the next to be voted off the island. These guys are a comedy show. Unfortunately their comedy might end up killing a few.

Nobody at the mid to higher levels of this game minds killing a few.

Most are just going to do whatever they're told and read whatever they're supposed to read, including Trump.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    PaulF,

Are you looking for a Messiah?

I am certain you believe in Poopieheads, but would you make the other choice something that you are absolutely certain does not exist? If so that only leaves us with one real choice in your thread title that you will accept. However you also asked for discussion so perhaps you are leaving the door open that a Messiah could exist? If so are you using it in the Jewish context, the Christian Context or as a secular construct?

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    McMaster will probably be the next to be voted off the island. These guys are a comedy show. Unfortunately their comedy might end up killing a few.

Well it's most assuredly a comedy or reality for sure. Problem is if McMasters gets voted out it's probably a win for the extreme right. Right is one thing but extreme whatever left or right is never a good thing.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Well it's most assuredly a comedy or reality for sure. Problem is if McMasters gets voted out it's probably a win for the extreme right. Right is one thing but extreme whatever left or right is never a good thing.

Well, unless they get together and start throwing things, then it's pure entertainment.

Kut (hints at current events; surprised there's no thread)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well, unless they get together and start throwing things, then it's pure entertainment.

Kut (hints at current events; surprised there's no thread)

And you hit that nail square on the head.

This whole side show is becoming hilarious as long as it does not become dangerous.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    It's going to get ugly.....I am following it now.....It's early and there is already blood.....A lot of guns being packed and a lot of out of towners....

I'm honestly surprised no one has been shot yet. I wouldn't put myself in that situation, because I understand self-defense and when it can be applied.... and there were plenty of justifiable applications during that fiasco. But, I gotta hunch that most people there were pining for a fight, so that changes the self-defense dynamic.

PaulF

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    PaulF,

Are you looking for a Messiah?

I am certain you believe in Poopieheads, but would you make the other choice something that you are absolutely certain does not exist? If so that only leaves us with one real choice in your thread title that you will accept. However you also asked for discussion so perhaps you are leaving the door open that a Messiah could exist? If so are you using it in the Jewish context, the Christian Context or as a secular construct?

I don't view Trump as a poopiehead, but I get the strong impression that some other people do.

On the flip side of the same token, I don't view Trump as a messiah, but I am left with the strong impression that others do.

Look, I get that many of the voices pushing the "Trump is our savior" narrative mean so metaphorically. Although I would think this abundantly clear, my use of the term is entirely satirical. From my perspective I am calling out equally ridiculous viewpoints that are currently circulating.

I don't think humanity requires salvation. I don't think we are inherently broken and lowered by sin. With no need for redemption I see no place for a redeemer. I think the only force that can better humanity is humanity...but most of us would rather talk to ourselves about humanity's problems than each other. I think the solutions to humanity's issues will require sacrifices no one wants voluntarily, and are inappropriate to impose using authority.

I don't hold out much hope that Humanity will every sort itself out, but I have more faith in that than in some supernatural Messiah.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I'm honestly surprised no one has been shot yet. I wouldn't put myself in that situation, because I understand self-defense and when it can be applied.... and there were plenty of justifiable applications during that fiasco. But, I gotta hunch that most people there were pining for a fight, so that changes the self-defense dynamic.

Just call us kutiuckydamus....

VEHICLE PLOWS INTO GROUP; INJURIES UNKNOWN...

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana

One dead from the vehicle plowing into the crowd. Another report stated 19 injured, some seriously. AP merely stated dozens injured, some seriously. The report about three dead includes the State Police helicopter crash in woods near the city that killed the pilot and a state policeman.

I agree with kutnupe14's observation. These were two extreme groups spoiling for a street brawl. Both sides had plenty of people, albeit a minority of the entire crowd, that came dressed for it with homemade shields, skateboard helmets, knee pads and the like. Saw one guy wearing ballistic body armor. I'm surprised law enforcement didn't step in earlier and break it up. Doesn't take very many to turn a raucous demonstration into a riot and both sides know it.

John

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    One dead from the vehicle plowing into the crowd. Another report stated 19 injured, some seriously. AP merely stated dozens injured, some seriously. The report about three dead includes the State Police helicopter crash in woods near the city that killed the pilot and a state policeman.

I agree with kutnupe14's observation. These were two extreme groups spoiling for a street brawl. Both sides had plenty of people, albeit a minority of the entire crowd, that came dressed for it with homemade shields, skateboard helmets, knee pads and the like. Saw one guy wearing ballistic body armor. I'm surprised law enforcement didn't step in earlier and break it up. Doesn't take very many to turn a raucous demonstration into a riot and both sides know it.

John

In the live streams I saw there were many on both sides wearing helmets of some sort, body armor. Both sides obviously came there to fight. Well. Except for the beta geek who couldn't find the water handouts. ANTIFA sure wasn't there to hold hands and sing Kumbaya.

When people come dressed for a fight, probably the cops shouldn't just let them be. There have been massive demonstrations in other cities, and the cops kept a clear buffer zone between the sides. A few minor skirmishes, but no one seriously injured. In Charlottesville the cops pretty much stayed out of things until there was violence. I think keeping the buffer between the sides proves more effective at keeping the peace.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    A couple of points I'd like to make. First, a lot of the violence I saw in the streams happened like this. A group of alt-right would be marching down the street, or grouped together chanting crap, and then a group of counter protestors would throw stuff or attack them, and then a melee would ensue. It takes TWO sides for violent clashes. If the counter protestors would have just let the alt right have their little march, there'd have been no violence. And if the alt right weren't there itching for a fight, maybe they wouldn't have been so quick to counter attack with violence.

Second point, I support free speech. But not all speech is free. When someone's free speech costs me money, it's not free to me. If you want to protest, fine. It's your right. But you don't have the right for your free speech to require other people pay for it. If there is violence at a free speech rally, I think the people who cause it should be financially on the hook to pay for it. Round the troublemakers up and make them pay for it. If you contributed to the violence then pay up or jail. Oh. And no blocking streets that aren't closed for the rally. Your free speech shouldn't cost me anything.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    A couple of points I'd like to make. First, a lot of the violence I saw in the streams happened like this. A group of alt-right would be marching down the street, or grouped together chanting crap, and then a group of counter protestors would throw stuff or attack them, and then a melee would ensue. It takes TWO sides for violent clashes. If the counter protestors would have just let the alt right have their little march, there'd have been no violence. And if the alt right weren't there itching for a fight, maybe they wouldn't have been so quick to counter attack with violence.

Second point, I support free speech. But not all speech is free. When someone's free speech costs me money, it's not free to me. If you want to protest, fine. It's your right. But you don't have the right for your free speech to require other people pay for it. If there is violence at a free speech rally, I think the people who cause it should be financially on the hook to pay for it. Round the troublemakers up and make them pay for it. If you contributed to the violence then pay up or jail. Oh. And no blocking streets that aren't closed for the rally. Your free speech shouldn't cost me anything.

Your forgot to mention the cost to police these things, try and convict, and jail them as well. Basically any cost no matter what they should pay,

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

There were lots of unprovoked attacks on both sides. I saw a number of WNs pepper spraying people who were simply yelling in their direction. There's plenty of blame to go around. I do agree that if the anti-protester people had let them have their march, there probably wouldn't have been any violence, but the WNs wouldn't have considered that a success. They wanted the anti-protesters to show up. They wanted a fight.

Top Bottom