Donald J. Trump. Messiah? Poopiehead? Discuss...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    President Trump campaigned on an anti dc establishment theme and that part of his platform helped him secure votes in states where clinton was expected to win. DC and the big money it runs on isn't comfortable with "drain the swamp" and other populist ideas, so you have to expect push back from the machine.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Personally I think trump is an idiot, I voted for him hoping he would create total gridlock in DC for 4 years to give the American people and political system a chance to reboot . This instead of the damage that president hillary would have done to or country, our Constitution and our people. So far he seems to be following my plan perfectly.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    President Obama is a product of his background and life experiences just like everybody else. He was a community organizer, college professor, and civil rights lawyer with connections to a powerful political machine in chicago. Government has been a large part of everything he's done, he won't see the world the same way as a manufacturer or a farmer.

I think you could push back the influence of money on politics a lot by revoking attorney client privilege for any work done involving government. Bribery would be easier to track if they just had to bring suitcases of cash the representatives office.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Reboot is a good choice of words for this.
    I agree in your base thinking and yes, discussing this would get us all banned me included.

Something Jordan Peterson said in sharing his thoughts on BREXIT. He likened it to the big conglomerates failing in '08. He said that it's not that things get too big to fail, but that they become too big not to fail. Their bigness eventually brings about their failure. The EU is getting too big and is trying to force too much thought homogeneity under the guise of cultural diversity. I think a reset at this point is inevitable, and it doesn't need to be violent, but it could get much more violent depending on how far the combatants in the war of ideas push things.

A large portion of the population have personalities which just won't abide the forced homogeneity over a heterogeneous people. What that means is that people's beliefs and likes and dislikes are too diverse to put up with having such a large group forced into thinking the same things and having the same values. People will eventually reject it. That's a large reason why Brexit won out. That's a large reason why Trump won. To a very large number of people even having a morally corrupt reality TV star/real estate mogul as president is better than allowing progressivism to continue one more inch. And that's what I'm seeing now through social media, that the sane liberals are starting to separate themselves from the insane progressives, and are actually willing to join with sane conservatives to fight that battle, even though they fundamentally disagree on social issues.

If we look at this in terms of the political compass, there's a range of sanity in all political directions, with a boundary fading into the fringe of the insane ideas. The progressive fringe has gotten well organized politically so that a relatively few people get to control to an inordinate extent of the conversation. But the people operating in the sane middle, which are the sane liberals, sane conservatives, sane authoritarians, sane libertarians, they're all finding a common enemy in the fringes and I think that's going to eventually result in a correction if not an outright reset. Not necessarily a violent one, but a political one for sure, and still maybe a violent one. The anger from the trailing edge of Overton's window (conservatarians) have been pissed for awhile, and now that sentiment is spreading towards the leading edge (liberals).

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Something Jordan Peterson said in sharing his thoughts on BREXIT. He likened it to the big conglomerates failing in '08. He said that it's not that things get too big to fail, but that they become too big not to fail. Their bigness eventually brings about their failure. The EU is getting too big and is trying to force too much thought homogeneity under the guise of cultural diversity. I think a reset at this point is inevitable, and it doesn't need to be violent, but it could get much more violent depending on how far the combatants in the war of ideas push things.

A large portion of the population have personalities which just won't abide the forced homogeneity over a heterogeneous people. What that means is that people's beliefs and likes and dislikes are too diverse to put up with having such a large group forced into thinking the same things and having the same values. People will eventually reject it. That's a large reason why Brexit won out. That's a large reason why Trump won. To a very large number of people even having a morally corrupt reality TV star/real estate mogul as president is better than allowing progressivism to continue one more inch. And that's what I'm seeing now through social media, that the sane liberals are starting to separate themselves from the insane progressives, and are actually willing to join with sane conservatives to fight that battle, even though they fundamentally disagree on social issues.

If we look at this in terms of the political compass, there's a range of sanity in all political directions, with a boundary fading into the fringe of the insane ideas. The progressive fringe has gotten well organized politically so that a relatively few people get to control to an inordinate extent of the conversation. But the people operating in the sane middle, which are the sane liberals, sane conservatives, sane authoritarians, sane libertarians, they're all finding a common enemy in the fringes and I think that's going to eventually result in a correction if not an outright reset. Not necessarily a violent one, but a political one for sure, and still maybe a violent one. The anger from the trailing edge of Overton's window (conservatarians) have been pissed for awhile, and now that sentiment is spreading towards the leading edge (liberals).

In any re-set there will be violence especially here. Way to many people are sucking on the Gov. teet not to get disruptive when the teet dries up. The progressives have already shown a propensity towards violence and I fear they will meet up with a force they were not fully aware of.

Gov. has grown far outside it's original mandates. This has been allowed and even pushed by many. They are a cancerous tumor sucking the life out of the country.
    I believe Chemo is in order.

That will be the extent of my re-set speak.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish

I like listening to Jordan Peterson. I think that it might be a little more than forcing homogeneity over a heterogeneous people. I've said this before, but I think you can't discount that humans evolved living in small family, extended family, and multi-family groups. The only way that organizations (government) larger than that really works is when that organization is a collective of those smaller groups, and (very important) that respects not only the existence of the small groups, but also their relative sovereignty. I've always thought that's part of the reason that our own politics has grown more polarized these days.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I like listening to Jordan Peterson. I think that it might be a little more than forcing homogeneity over a heterogeneous people. I've said this before, but I think you can't discount that humans evolved living in small family, extended family, and multi-family groups. The only way that organizations (government) larger than that really works is when that organization is a collective of those smaller groups, and (very important) that respects not only the existence of the small groups, but also their relative sovereignty. I've always thought that's part of the reason that our own politics has grown more polarized these days.

I don't know if that's the way I'd say it, but I think I know what you're saying, and think I agree. The idea of a federal government is better than unitary government, at least in large scale, because it respects the rights of component societies' self-determination and sovereignty. The logical conclusion of leftism scaled up is a one-world, unitary, all powerful government, in which the group in power gets to dictate how everyone must live.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    My favorite group, just too bad your for the wrong man.

How much rent does Trump pay to live in your head??? Seriously I was just making a joke about a Beatles song...I would NEVER say you voted for the wrong person...So who was the "right" person??? Seriously????

Just take a break every now and again and grin...I am FOR the country...He happens to be the man running it and I am grateful for that....

Last edited:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I voted for him hoping he would create total gridlock in DC for 4 years to give the American people and political system a chance to reboot . This instead of the damage that president hillary would have done to or country, our Constitution and our people. So far he seems to be following my plan perfectly.

That's why Jamil, Alpo, and Kut never give me grief about voting for Trump...They know he is doing exactly as I hoped...Better actually lol....I do not think anyone that has ever been President of the US is an "idiot".....You don't get there without having some smarts....

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    That's why Jamil, Alpo, and Kut never give me grief about voting for Trump...They know he is doing exactly as I hoped...Better actually lol....I do not think anyone that has ever been President of the US is an "idiot".....You don't get there without having some smarts....

Bush #2 did.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    How much rent does Trump pay to live in your head??? Seriously I was just making a joke about a Beatles song...I would NEVER say you voted for the wrong person...So who was the "right" person??? Seriously????

Just take a break every now and again and grin...I am FOR the country...He happens to be the man running it and I am grateful for that....

Allow me to just quote this, in case he has you on ignore. :thumbsup:

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Trump...Trump...Trump...Trump...Trump.

Trump...Trump

8aCSnfr.jpg

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    And in the last episode of Survivor: West Wing, Scaramucci had his torch snuffed out after he was voted out of the West Wing at Tribal Council. That's after having been in the West Wing Tribe for less than a fortnight. Who will be the next one to be voted out of the West Wing? The tension becomes palpable as the drama builds. Jeff Probst couldn't invent a reality show with this much melodramatic sturm und drang intrigue. In the meantime, a new leader has emerged in the West Wing tribe: John Kelly.

John
    [who deliberately did not write that in purple, although it was tempting]

P.S.
    They're not going to become effective at getting anything accomplished, for good or ill, until the disorganized chaos ends. That includes dealing with Kimmie-Boy's North Korea.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    What are you going on about?

I spent seven years criticizing Obama[1], and I was a constant and vocal critic of HRC. I had a real problem with the Cult of Personality that developed around Obama. I do not support idol worship.

We won't get better from our elected officials unless the people who support them demand it. Republicans spent 8years demanding "better" from Obama, but are perfectly happy with whatever they get from Trump?[2]

I have a problem with that.

[1]By your own timeline, it took you a year to begin criticizing Obama. Perhaps you would accord me the same length of time for reflection that you allowed yourself. One also wonders if you came to that decision by yourself or if you merely responded to the constant haranguing of the presidential critics around you. If 'A' why would you expect me to behave any different - subconscious bias that Trumpers can't think critically?

[2]Why cite 'Republicans', by merely supporting Trump early in the process (April '16) its been made quite clear to me that I am not a 'real' Republican (whatever that means these days). Still nursing a grudge that people demanded better of Obama pretty much throughout his whole two terms? Feel free to lead the INGO chorus against Trump for just as long, just don't expect you can influence or compel me to sing along. My conscientiousness, fairness and rationality have been questioned at every turn with just about all possible terminology. Heard it all before, what else you got?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    And in the last episode of Survivor: West Wing, Scaramucci had his torch snuffed out after he was voted out of the West Wing at Tribal Council. That's after having been in the West Wing Tribe for less than a fortnight. Who will be the next one to be voted out of the West Wing? The tension becomes palpable as the drama builds. Jeff Probst couldn't invent a reality show with this much melodramatic sturm und drang intrigue. In the meantime, a new leader has emerged in the West Wing tribe: John Kelly.

John
    [who deliberately did not write that in purple, although it was tempting]

P.S.
    They're not going to become effective at getting anything accomplished, for good or ill, until the disorganized chaos ends. That includes dealing with Kimmie-Boy's North Korea.

McMaster will probably be the next to be voted off the island. These guys are a comedy show. Unfortunately their comedy might end up killing a few.

Top Bottom