Donald J. Trump. Messiah? Poopiehead? Discuss...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    In liberal speak that means you are condoning the racist throng in Charlottesville.

I'd say progressives are. I've seen some people who identify as liberal call both sides out too. And of course Twitter unjustifiably called these liberals white supremacists!

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Was that the post you meant to quote?

***damn iPhone. No. It's not my pudgy fingers. I blame Apple.

No. That's not the post I meant to quote. Too painful to fix it on my phone. I'll have to trust your deductive skills to figure out which I meant to quote.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Which side was rationally hateful? I did not see any evidence of rational hatred in any of the violence I saw streamed. I just saw two sides who hate each other for ideological reasons, clash violently.

You mentioned you didn't see a lot of black people involved in the violence. I didn't either. I did see on one stream a group from UTR walk into a black neighborhood, which I think could have gotten rationally violent. I can see residents wanting to protect their neighborhood. But they're not the ones who threw stones. It was white ANTIFA thugs. Some of the UTR people were armed. I got the feeling ANTIFA was trying to goad them into violence. Like shoot into the crowd of black people.

One can be rationally hateful, and irrationally violent. Hate can sometimes be completely justified, but violence solely based on one's ideals is never justified.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    :facepalm:

Not all the wrong thinking UTR people were violent. Not all the anti-protesters were violent. Some of the wrong thinking UTR protesters were violent. Some of the anti-protesters were violent. Black history is irrelevant in this case. The violent acts are relevent. The reason on both sides is hate. Both sides who were hatefully violent are equally condemnable. To omit one side because you think they are more justified for being hatefully violent is nothing more than tribal virtue signaling.

Sorry that you missed the point. But if you think before the riot or even aftrer the riot that there isn't a difference between these two different groups then you just don't get it.

Trump didn't get it either. That is up until he said the wrong thing. He may still not understand it but he most certainly got it.

But people like Orin Hatch got it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/senorrinhatch/status/896486793083842560

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Trump says he's considering pardoning Joe Arpaio. Given the prejudiced tactics (of which he was convicted) he used to round up illegal immigrants, and coming off the heels of Charlottesville, there's no away that act (if he does it) wouldn't be seen a being made to placate the racist members of his base. I'm sure he knows this. The announcement was made for a reason.

He's always going to be divider. How does he ever figure he'll ever get anything done. The problem is, I think he's more into applause because he such a vain petty little man than he ever was and will be into trying to govern the country. His supporters don't see him this way but I think a good number of his critics do.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    One can be rationally hateful, and irrationally violent. Hate can sometimes be completely justified, but violence solely based on one's ideals is never justified.

The side I saw that seemed rationally hateful was the Blacks in that neighborhood. From their perspective, a bunch of WS/WN from across the country came into their neighborhood bringing hateful speech. I didn't see the neighborhood residents do anything violent. They mostly yelled at everyone who wasn't from there to go home.

For the most part, the only people who were violent were the irrationally hateful people on both sides. The ideologues.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    I'm not sure that's really an apt comparison DDdrees. There really weren't a whole lot of black people involved in the fighting that I saw. The fighting seemed confined to WN groups, and various versions of the Antifa group. It's fair to condemn the combatants on both sides, but it would also be fair to point out the racial hatred as being the catalyst of why this all unfolded the way it did, and condemn that thinking as being unAmerican, and divisive.

i guess I missed that. ANTIFA kept coming up so I guess I just persumed.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    As I have said I only Know what I have read on INGO about this issue.

White supremacists marching into a black neighborhood proves to me that these are not the cream of white people and may deserve Darwin awards.

If they got the :poop: beat oyt of them they would deserve it.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    The side I saw that seemed rationally hateful was the Blacks in that neighborhood. From their perspective, a bunch of WS/WN from across the country came into their neighborhood bringing hateful speech. I didn't see the neighborhood residents do anything violent. They mostly yelled at everyone who wasn't from there to go home.

For the most part, the only people who were violent were the irrationally hateful people on both sides. The ideologues.

The bussed in. The latest phenomenon.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    And, I'm not at all sure that those extremists on either side even know who or what they are really mad at.

Probably for a lot of the rank-and-file members of both groups, they're mad at the straw monsters their leaders have created for them to hate, so then they became the real monsters the other side created.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Probably for a lot of the rank-and-file members of both groups, they're mad at the straw monsters their leaders have created for them to hate, so then they became the real monsters the other side created.

Yeah yeah, those protesting the WS and NEO Nazis certainly have no reason whatsoever to believe WS or NEO Nazis are hugely despicable human beings.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Yeah yeah, those protesting the WS and NEO Nazis certainly have no reason whatsoever to believe WS or NEO Nazis are hugely despicable human beings.

Dude. Do you ever think things through? Do I really need to explain this? C'mon man. Read the words I wrote. Stop reading your imagination.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Dude. Do you ever think things through? Do I really need to explain this? C'mon man. Read the words I wrote. Stop reading your imagination.

Sorry but it sounds like you think people can't recognize it for what it is or think for themselves.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello

...and the Antifa loons who want to violently suppress any speech that doesn't conform to the liberal groupthink are the salt of the Earth?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Ok

But sorry I don't see Charlottesville being that. Sorry looks like all Neo Nazis and WS to me.

Of course it does.

The WS, of whatever stripe, are hate-filled, ignorant rabble. Antifa is hate-filled, ignorant rabble. They're both filled with hatred and prone to violence. They just hate different people for different reasons. I don't see a lot of difference.

Dddrees

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2016
    Central
    Of course it does.

The WS, of whatever stripe, are hate-filled, ignorant rabble. Antifa is hate-filled, ignorant rabble. They're both filled with hatred and prone to violence. They just hate different people for different reasons. I don't see a lot of difference.

No I think you missed what I was trying to say. I don't see Charlottesville having anything to do with ANTIFA

Top Bottom