• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    most of the front teeth minus k9's are adult teeth now, per the last vet appointment. k9's still puppy. still she isnt honry or chewing alot either. i think i got lucky and got the best dog out of the litter. although, ears are not up yet.

kadetklapp

shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    West-Central Indiana
    Couldn't help but post shameless pics of my GSD "Buddy"
    buddy-1.jpg

He's 8 years old. A rescue from some folks on the eastern side of the state. He was infested with heartworm when we got him. After several very expensive treatments he was back to better health. There isn't anyway of telling how long he will have with us, but we've had him since 2005 or so. I don't think I'll ever have any other dog but a GSD!

buffalo-springfield40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    GSD..great choice..i've owned many..theres a lady in LakeVillage IN. who raises and trains these great dogs for shutzhound and ob. training..Tatum Kennels...she trains for bomb..drugs..cadaver or dogs for the handicapped....but you have the 357s of dogs...congrats..

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Good news!

I'm actually getting ready to pack Leo into the car and get his rabies shot.

Just out of curiosity, what is the minimum age for that?

From what I have been told its 6 months.

the vet said either 6 months, (which will be july 17) or just before her first "heat" last time she was at the vets the vet said more than likely all of her internals were fully matured, even though she wasnt fully grown yet. that we could do the operation whenever we wanted after july 1 most of the reading i have done says to wait until AFTER the first heat, but my fiance seems to be in a hurry to get it done, as she is with everything, so she already set up the date, sometime mid july.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    the vet said either 6 months, (which will be july 17) or just before her first "heat" last time she was at the vets the vet said more than likely all of her internals were fully matured, even though she wasnt fully grown yet. that we could do the operation whenever we wanted after july 1 most of the reading i have done says to wait until AFTER the first heat, but my fiance seems to be in a hurry to get it done, as she is with everything, so she already set up the date, sometime mid july.

There's an article in the current month's issue of Dog World (JUST saying) that talks about whether to spay before or after a heat cycle...depends on the breed and what types of "reproductive" cancer's they're prone to...that being said, I spayed my heeler at 5 months....I didn't want the mess or to take the chance of someone's loose dog trying to breed her...no puppies thank you very much...

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    There's an article in the current month's issue of Dog World (JUST saying) that talks about whether to spay before or after a heat cycle...depends on the breed and what types of "reproductive" cancer's they're prone to...that being said, I spayed my heeler at 5 months....I didn't want the mess or to take the chance of someone's loose dog trying to breed her...no puppies thank you very much...

Speaking of messes, I can't tell you how many times I've taken my buddy's female lab outside to do her business...And forget to take the (non disposable)diaper off first.

My buddy isn't nearly as amused as I am when she comes back in.:):

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Those are some pretty GSD's. I can't wait to get out of this apartment and into a house so I can get one

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    daisy3.jpg

Uh oh, she's has those crazy eyes!

Good thing she has tan on her face...Yellow eyes and a dark face is freaking looking.:eek:

Alright, I'm pretty sure 40cal and IGW aren't the only members who purchased puppies from USMC, who else has some pictures???

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    My Dog is Houdini

Still shaking my head. My female went into heat earlier then we had planned on. So we have to wait to get her spayed, in the mean time I have to contain the big dog. I put him in the pin outside, locked the gate and put her inside. I come home from work, big dog not in pin (dug a hole under the gate), big dog not in the yard. I am thinking he got loose but no gates are open and then I noticed the the screened window knocked out. Unbelievable he broke out of his pin jumped 4 feet into the house and hooked up. They were connected when I went inside with tails just a wagging. Thinking maybe if we still tried to keep them seperated maybe this didn't take (fat chance). A couple of days later my wife says the female is done and we don't have to worry about it. Yea right they just faked her out, it wasn't 5 minutes later they hooked up again. I don't have dogs I have rabbits. I am sure a new batch of puppies will be born sometime in September.

Top Bottom