• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    my female GSD Darby is doing very good!! she is growing like a weed. She was the biggest dog of USMC_0311's last litter and the first puppy to go. she was born Aug. 1st and both ears are now up. I cant believe how big she is for 10 weeks old.
    I will get some updated pics up soon.

anyone have any tips on how to keep them from putting their teeth on your kids? this is the only problem I have with her. she is just playing, but for a 3 year old it doesnt feel good at all.

I just gave Darby a bath about 30 minutes ago and she loves it.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    my female GSD Darby is doing very good!! she is growing like a weed. She was the biggest dog of USMC_0311's last litter and the first puppy to go. she was born Aug. 1st and both ears are now up. I cant believe how big she is for 10 weeks old.

anyone have any tips on how to keep them from putting their teeth on your kids? this is the only problem I have with her. she is just playing, but for a 3 year old it doesnt feel good at all.

It doesn't feel good to an old man either.D

This takes a little effort on your part but what we do is when they bite immediately say no, we then wrap there nozzle with our hand and squeez just enough for the puppy to feel their own teeth on their gums. The pup will give a little wimper maybe. The key is to get on it as soon as she bites, the earlier the better. Getting your 3 old to do this will be a challenge but worth the extra effort. Call me if you want a better description.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

Amen to what USMC said...I certainly didn't like those little needles either. One of my buddies would play rough with Leonidas and leave bloody(despite me telling him he's setting my training back.:rolleyes:)

What I would do is when we were playing, as soon as he'd bite me I'd say "OUCH" really loud, pull my hands away and ignore him for several minutes. After awhile he got the hint and quit doing it.

cornfused

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    out east
    Here's Zander, a USMC_0311 puppy

Shortly after he came home.

100_1894.jpg

100_1907.jpg

And he's grown a little :):.

100_1913.jpg

100_1921.jpg

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Here is Shelby, she is 50lbs. Shelby is from the USMC_0311 8/1/10 litter.
    She was the the last pup left from the litter.
    The dog on the left is Thunder, Thunder is almost 7 years old and has several breeds in him.

ThunderShelby.jpg

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    yup, Ive always liked GSD, but I think you guys are putting ideas into my head for my next dog :)

Well let me stop you right there, this is the worst dog I ever had... When it comes to the hair. Hair on everything, everywhere, all the time. You will never put your vacuum away. Great dogs though.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Well let me stop you right there, this is the worst dog I ever had... When it comes to the hair. Hair on everything, everywhere, all the time. You will never put your vacuum away. Great dogs though.
    I grew up with Saint Bernards nothing sheds like them. you have to brush and vacuum daily.

Top Bottom