• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    All said and done One Big Epic facepalm. I cant even google a facepalm epic enough to put on ingo.. Even the Picard facepalm doesnt work.

I saw that you were trading what you referred to as your "insulting" $50 Walmart card in the classifieds. I'm interested to know why you accepted it if it was insulting? I'm not being snarky or trying to start something. I'm genuinely interested in your thinking.

I've turned down freebies before either because they weren't part of my goal or because they were insultingly small. I once mailed a $5 coupon back to the COO of Kentucky Fried Chicken because they were "sorry" that they tried to feed me raw chicken, but that $5 wasn't even the replacement cost of the meal. In essence, they tried to buy me off with a trinket. If it was insulting to you, then (in my opinion only) it would have sent a more powerful message if you had rejected it.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    I saw that you were trading what you referred to as your "insulting" $50 Walmart card in the classifieds. I'm interested to know why you accepted it if it was insulting? I'm not being snarky or trying to start something. I'm genuinely interested in your thinking.

I've turned down freebies before either because they weren't part of my goal or because they were insultingly small. I once mailed a $5 coupon back to the COO of Kentucky Fried Chicken because they were "sorry" that they tried to feed me raw chicken, but that $5 wasn't even the replacement cost of the meal. In essence, they tried to buy me off with a trinket. If it was insulting to you, then (in my opinion only) it would have sent a more powerful message if you had rejected it.

Hmmnn I have the same question. What exactly would you have done as the store manager if that happened? What exactly do you want done? A dollar amount? Someone fired? Im not trying to start anything either just not sure what you are looking for now.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    Personaly, I think you did all right. As in most conflict resolution, the end result is anticlimactic. Look instead to what you did accomplish. At a minimum, you got the management at that store retrained on the sell of ammunition [and possibly on firearm carry(oc/cc) on the property and in the store]. In addition, other store managers were made aware of the event and possibly received retraining as well. I say this is a win. Rep for staying with it. The next time you are in there, I doubt you will have the same trouble buying ammo. While you had the manager's attention, I am curious as to why you did not go and get him after waiting 5 minutes in sporting goods?

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    It was more along the lines of he just came back today and the training is already "done" but yet he didnt remember what had happened? Who did the supposed training? if he didnt know the ammo laws how did he know i was right? it pretty much shows no thought or consideration or compassion...

Kinda seemed like he kissed my butt to shut me up

make the conversation a little more person not just a chat while hanging out in the Customer Service Area.

I dunno maybe i'm just to good at reading between the lines..

But if a guest had complained about something I dont know about I try to get educated a bit, I remember what they complained about and go do some research..

I told him I didnt know what he could do for me, I explained what I had done and gone through on good friday. I explained the one thing that mattered was Walmart cant give me my good friday back,

The amount isnt the issue its the thought behind it. If I saw a guest who obviously had a horrible experience (and I can openly admit it) I would do alot more to wow the guest and try to bring him back. Involve me in the solution, give me a letter and phone number something to say if I ever have this problem again I have a recourse. If he knew I was buying ammo offer to take me back and buy me some, i guarantee you when it all happened I was planning on buying alot more than 50 dollars worth of ammo. Ask if I was shopping today.

Im an extremely loyal customer, I get gas at the same gas station every time, i eat at the same restraunts with the same servers, I shop in the same places

I can get @#$%%^ service anywhere, if you want my business and my money you had better stand out.

Im in customer service and all I deal with is the angry, hurt, upset ones, and I have never had a guest not come back or say they will not come back.

Last edited:

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    We're all counting on you.

we%2527re%2Ball%2Bcounting%2Bon%2Byou.jpg

:rolleyes:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I think Scutter could offer to give $100 to the first person to reply something nice to him, and Ted would be the first, and it would not be nice.

I think Ted is annoyed with the staff. He's been taking oblique swipes at us for a couple of days now. I'm used to it. Everything is somehow always my fault, regardless of what the facts are. :dunno:

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    It was more along the lines of he just came back today and the training is already "done" but yet he didnt remember what had happened? Who did the supposed training? if he didnt know the ammo laws how did he know i was right? it pretty much shows no thought or consideration or compassion...

Kinda seemed like he kissed my butt to shut me up...

I can understand your being upset. One Christmas morning, my Lady and I left my family's get together and drove to Noblesville for her family's. It was not to start until 1400 so when we checked into the hotel at 0400, I asked if it was posible to get a late checkout. He asked what I wanted and I told him 1300. He said that would be fine. At 1105 I was awoken by a call from the day person telling me we had to go or pay for another day. I told her that I had permision from the night guy(who was suppose to leave a note...) so call him up. She told me that if we did not go she would call the police and have them arrest me for trespassing. I asked to speak to the manager and was told he was out of town. We got up, showered and was gone in about 45 min. At checkout she would not give me her name. No big deal, that would be easy enough to get. I fired off a note to corp explaining the situation and why I would not be back(we too tend to stay at the same place every year). Corp responded with the usual "we are sincerely sorry.... and the e-mail no doubt was forwarded to the manager who left me a message to call him. Being that there are several hotels, I felt that the onus was on him to make it right and to attempt to reach me however many times it took. He did have the opportunity to make it right if he would have called again. However, it was a one and done. I am fine with that resolution, we will stay elsewhere.

In your case, Walmart has something you want for the price you will pay. Re-retraining may be necessary, but they seem to be receptive to it...

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    or i guess you could always just go put the gun in your car and go back in and buy it? and in the fiture go to a REAL store and buy ammo..
    you deserve it, just for shopping at WALMART

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    I just wanna go on record here and state that I thought this post was well timed and pretty funny. Carry on.

I thought so too. Though apparently some which believe I'm being a wise guy about it.

TheFireArmorer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Bloomington
    Back when the 9mm winchester white box was 8.97 a 100 rounds, I would buy a couple thousand and the cashiers would tell me, "isn't there a limit?" I explained to her that the ATF doesn't have a designed limit to amount and that if that were true, her register wouldn't be allowed to ring it up. But, that was a while ago and Stupid is as Stupid was told to do.

Lol had the same thing happen to me about 6 months ago. Went to WM to buy some ak rounds. When I asked for 10 boxes the guy at the counter said he could only sell me 5 because that was the limit. I called BS on that statement and after getting the manager back there, walked out with a most sincere apology (add sarcasm) and guess what else...... 10 boxes of ammo. I guess wal-mart managers have the power to lift the "ammo limit rule" in Indiana??? :D

But I have to admit I always leave wal-mart with either a funny or truly depressing story lol

Lodogg2221

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Kokomo
    That sucks. I try to stay out of walmart whenever possible. The trouble is, their ammo prices are better than anywhere else, when they have it in stock.
    I do usually have to track someone down, but have never had an issue, other than the stupid comments by the guy behind the counter that thinks he knows something about guns when he generally doesnt.

I have to ask though, where else are you guys bashing everyone for walking in a Walmart buying ammo that cheap?
    And why do you bash people for taking a deal when its offered?
    Just wondering if Im missing something...I always like cheaper ammo...

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Lol had the same thing happen to me about 6 months ago. Went to WM to buy some ak rounds. When I asked for 10 boxes the guy at the counter said he could only sell me 5 because that was the limit. I called BS on that statement and after getting the manager back there, walked out with a most sincere apology (add sarcasm) and guess what else...... 10 boxes of ammo. I guess wal-mart managers have the power to lift the "ammo limit rule" in Indiana??? :D

But I have to admit I always leave wal-mart with either a funny or truly depressing story lol

Back in 2008 when ammo was flying off the shelves faster than they could stock it, Walmart instituted a purchase limit. At one point, they even determined that local shops were buying up the entire stock to resell in their own stores, so they started adding Walmart stickers to the boxes. I imagine that the person who told you about the limit was referring to Walmart's limit from that era, and not a legal limit in how much they can sell you.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Back in 2008 when ammo was flying off the shelves faster than they could stock it, Walmart instituted a purchase limit. At one point, they even determined that local shops were buying up the entire stock to resell in their own stores, so they started adding Walmart stickers to the boxes. I imagine that the person who told you about the limit was referring to Walmart's limit from that era, and not a legal limit in how much they can sell you.

Bingo.

Slim400

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    INDIANAPOLIS SS IN
    Oh you must be a really bad man and just look like a dayyou scared that four young lady to death you did not mention whether the manager
    was male or female but again you are a tough guy you have to be and by the way I consider myself pretty up on current Indiana gun laws I would have arrest me I would've made it a fed case they would've sold me what I was after Wal-Mart is no stranger to this tag many times because they've got some 17 to 30-year-old moron working behind the counter

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Oh you must be a really bad man and just look like a dayyou scared that four young lady to death you did not mention whether the manager
    was male or female but again you are a tough guy you have to be and by the way I consider myself pretty up on current Indiana gun laws I would have arrest me I would've made it a fed case they would've sold me what I was after Wal-Mart is no stranger to this tag many times because they've got some 17 to 30-year-old moron working behind the counter

LOL WUT

Top Bottom