• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    "Blew up in his face?" Are you kidding? This is unfolding exactly the way Comey wanted, and put a big target on the president's back. Trump ran his mouth, and Comey stuck it to him. We are now in a situation of which of two men are the more truthful...which heavily favors Comey.

Not seeing it this way.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Risky. Think of all the grief he could have avoided if he had simply kept his mouth shut in a number of situations.

Yes, but he would end up with a problem swept under the rug, not solved.

This may be the reality star coming out in him.

That, or the him coming out that made him a reality star--even if this does degenerate into a 'chicken or the egg' question.

"Whistleblower" my @$$. He was director of the FBI for crying out loud, not some schlub buried in the bureaucracy with no recourse. If he thought he Trump was doing something illegal he could have told the AG an investigation needed to be opened, and if the AG refused, he could have resigned. But he knew there was nothing illegal, so he tried political manipulation and it blew up in his face. A weasel caught in his own trap. He had a huge chance to lead a high profile investigation of an actual crime last summer, but instead he took orders from Grammy Lynch and squelched it.

T'would be karmic justice if Comey found himself under investigation by the Special Prosecutor that he "arranged" to be appointed.

:yesway:

"Blew up in his face?" Are you kidding? This is unfolding exactly the way Comey wanted, and put a big target on the president's back. Trump ran his mouth, and Comey stuck it to him. We are now in a situation of which of two men are the more truthful...which heavily favors Comey.

Comey only wins if this stays at the level of innuendo, as often happens in Washington. If Trump follows through as I expect and the special prosecutor follows through with his responsibilities as Mueller seems to offer good chances of doing, it will be taken out of the realm of innuendo and someone will be completely smashed, not just living under a cloud.

You really consider Comey more truthful? After his faithful service to the Clintons stretching back to the Billy Jeff administration, I sure as hell wouldn't buy a used car from him!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Comey only wins if this stays at the level of innuendo, as often happens in Washington. If Trump follows through as I expect and the special prosecutor follows through with his responsibilities as Mueller seems to offer good chances of doing, it will be taken out of the realm of innuendo and someone will be completely smashed, not just living under a cloud.

You really consider Comey more truthful? After his faithful service to the Clintons stretching back to the Billy Jeff administration, I sure as hell wouldn't buy a used car from him!

Follows through? you can't be serious. Do you honestly think Trump will go under oath and contradict Comey? Gentlemen's bet say that NEVER happens (and Trump never intended to anyways). Comey is certainly the more truthful. He may not be the most loyal, but I have yet to see of any instance where Comey has had issue with the truth. Trump, on the other hand, is a either a consistent liar, or makes false statements out of ignorance.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Follows through? you can't be serious. Do you honestly think Trump will go under oath and contradict Comey? Gentlemen's bet say that NEVER happens (and Trump never intended to anyways). Comey is certainly the more truthful. He may not be the most loyal, but I have yet to see of any instance where Comey has had issue with the truth. Trump, on the other hand, is a either a consistent liar, or makes false statements out of ignorance.

I am thinking that Trump will most likely sit back and let the horsecrap be brought to light for what it is. How do you think Comey will look at such a time that it comes to light that he was stirring the pot with nothing of substance in it for political purposes?

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    You don't have to like what Comey did. You just have to acknowledge it's protected speech.
    Protected speech from what? You're above quoted post is kinda non-responsive to anything that we have been talking about. If you are talking about executive privilege, I don't think you understand what happens when you decide to become a non-career presidential executive appointee, particularly when you are an attorney.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Protected speech from what? You're above quoted post is kinda non-responsive to anything that we have been talking about. If you are talking about executive privilege, I don't think you understand what happens when you decide to become a non-career presidential executive appointee, particularly when you are an attorney.

Criminal prosecution. I'm not talking about executive privilege, because it doesn't apply in this instance.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    1. Comey is a wimp,crybaby etc.
    2. This guy is not trustworthy he drops dimes the size of manhole covers.
    3. Comey has no intestinal fortitude.

Comey was the head of the FBI he should have told any President go to hell if he was told to do something wrong. Then kept to himself it doesn't matter if it was BHO or DJT. He even ratted on Loretta Lynch this man has no sense of responsibility or loyalty.
    If some of you have ever never been in Government service a Memorandum For Record is usually what a coward does to CYA if something goes south.
    Do you think J Edgar Hoover would have acted in this manner? He is spinning in his grave over the 6 ft 8 in "teddy bear"
    Comey was fired because a large portion of the FBI considered him to be a political pawn and a weak indecisive leader.

BTW Comey was on the board of HSBC if you got some time to spend on this waste of flesh see where that leads.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Comey was the head of the FBI he should have told any President go to hell if he was told to do something wrong. Then kept to himself it doesn't matter if it was BHO or DJT. He even ratted on Loretta Lynch this man has no sense of responsibility or loyalty.
    If some of you have ever never been in Government service a Memorandum For Record is usually what a coward does to CYA if something goes south.
    Do you think J Edgar Hoover would have acted in this manner? He is spinning in his grave over the 6 ft 8 in "teddy bear"
    Comey was fired because a large portion of the FBI considered him to be a political pawn and a weak indecisive leader.

BTW Comey was on the board of HSBC if you got some time to spend on this waste of flesh see where that leads.

Pretty strange the FBI has not gone off the rails (any farther) with no fearsome leader.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Ok, now I'm confused.... would J Edgar do anything like Comey? well no..... but what he would've done, you could bet would've been highly illegal.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

"it's not a lie if you believe it"

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Wow. I'm not sure it's worth arguing which of two dishonest people is more honest.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Wow. I'm not sure it's worth arguing which of two dishonest people is more honest.

It's a simple premise. One person we have proof of lying. The other we have no proof of lying. If the two make conflicting statements around a singular issue, one need only to apply the "lying" criteria to determine who is the more likely to be telling the truth. It seems simple enough, but again... I understand the resistance.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It's a simple premise. One person we have proof of lying. The other we have no proof of lying. If the two make conflicting statements around a singular issue, one need only to apply the "lying" criteria to determine who is the more likely to be telling the truth. It seems simple enough, but again... I understand the resistance.

Don't discount confirmation bias. Just because he appears to you to be further damaging a guy's reputation that you don't like doesn't mean he's completely truthful either. You don't achieve high office in Washington DC, typically, unless you are skilled at "shaping narratives".

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Don't discount confirmation bias. Just because he appears to you to be further damaging a guy's reputation that you don't like doesn't mean he's completely truthful either. You don't achieve high office in Washington DC, typically, unless you are skilled at "shaping narratives".

Ok, FBI Director and President... both high offices. So they're equal in that regard. Now lets talk about lies.... actually, let's not. Until Trump puts his money where his mouth is, and under oath attests that Comey is lying, he simply isn't credible. What are the chances he "who has nothing to hide," makes that statement under oath? I have pretty high confidence that Trump's sworn testimony, will be found in the same place as the Obama wiretapping "proof," and Trump's tax returns.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    My issue with Comey isn't about lying it's about his conduct. He stabbed everyone in the back.
    This is an example if Kut tells me he likes to mow his lawn wearing just a thong I would say "whatever dude".
    The conversation would end there I would not broadcast it all over the world out of respect for Kut.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    My issue with Comey isn't about lying it's about his conduct. He stabbed everyone in the back.
    This is an example if Kut tells me he likes to mow his lawn wearing just a thong I would say "whatever dude".
    The conversation would end there I would not broadcast it all over the world out of respect for Kut.
    I just assumed that was how all Zima drinkers mow their lawn.;) I keed I keed!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Hell, I wouldn't care. I'd even send you a stack of photo postcards to gift to your friends.

Kut (knows you'd keep a few tho, lol)

Top Bottom