• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    It's telling that those of us who feel Trump is doing a good job as president felt he would do a good job when elected...And folks that thought he would do a terrible job if elected feel he's doing a terrible job now that he is elected...

fb-thebestoftv-time-is-a-flat-circle-everything-weve-ever-done-7782452.png

Just like Nostrajamilodamus predicted would happen.....

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    There is no "I" in team....Just sayin' uh yeah...I know what you mean Vern......

As far as politics this is exactly why I don't join teams and no one should.

It's telling that those of us who feel Trump is doing a good job as president felt he would do a good job when elected...And folks that thought he would do a terrible job if elected feel he's doing a terrible job now that he is elected...

Just like Nostrajamilodamus predicted would happen.....

Well. I voted for Trump because there was no other choice. I'd hoped he would nominate a good justice to SCUTUS. I think he did that. He's done some good things. But he is obviously inept at navigating Washington. Some people rationalize that this is a good thing. It's really not. Trump is bringing a lot of this upon himself. It hurts his ability to function, which was one of the criticisms I had of him from the start. I'm getting around to updating my Trump approval rating and it's going down. And it's not because of the recent media reports, but because of how he's handled them.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    As far as politics this is exactly why I don't join teams and no one should.

Well. I voted for Trump because there was no other choice. I'd hoped he would nominate a good justice to SCUTUS. I think he did that. He's done some good things. But he is obviously inept at navigating Washington. Some people rationalize that this is a good thing. It's really not. Trump is bringing a lot of this upon himself. It hurts his ability to function, which was one of the criticisms I had of him from the start. I'm getting around to updating my Trump approval rating and it's going down. And it's not because of the recent media reports, but because of how he's handled them.

I agree and as I said you predicted this......The one hair in the ointment I see (for the Democrats and the MSM) is that his supporters don't care...The frustration I see every morning from the MSM (and on here among some) is their inability to get us to budge on our support....I think they cried wolf so many times that they have lost their credibility among folks outside the Beltway and away from the coasts.....

If I played a drinking game where every morning for the past two years I had to do a shot every time I heard George Stephaclintonopolis breathlessly say the words "Controversy swirls around Trump" I would be drunk by 7:45 am....7:30 am the past week.....

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I agree and as I said you predicted this......The one hair in the ointment I see (for the Democrats and the MSM) is that his supporters don't care...The frustration I see every morning from the MSM (and on here among some) is their inability to get us to budge on our support....I think they cried wolf so many times that they have lost their credibility among folks outside the Beltway and away from the coasts.....

If I played a drinking game where every morning for the past two years I had to do a shot every time I heard George Stephaclintonopolis breathlessly say the words "Controversy swirls around Trump" I would be drunk by 7:45 am....7:30 am the past week.....

People seem to be coalescing around one pole or the other. So there are those who believe media and those who don't. The fact that some democrats are hedging on "collusion" makes me think they already think the FBI is going to drop it, so they're scrambling to set up a narrative that will allow them to ride it longer. But Trump broght this on himself. He thought it'd be a good idea to bypass the intelligence bureaucracy and create back door channels to Russia. He hired a guy who was a lobbyist for Russia and Turkey, for crying out loud! I mean, if the media is gonna make up fake news it would be better to make them have to fake ALL of it. But no. He gives them the outline and makes it easy to fill in the details.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    White House says no FBI head announcement today.

Perhaps reaction to the Lieberman trial-balloon pushed it back.

Can you point me to a link on this... the press says Trump confirmed Lieberman as THE leading contender for head of the FBI whereas the only quote I can find is the question if Lieberman was A leading contender.

Seems like rah, rah we want Lieberman from the press, smh

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Can you point me to a link on this... the press says Trump confirmed Lieberman as THE leading contender for head of the FBI whereas the only quote I can find is the question if Lieberman was A leading contender.

Seems like rah, rah we want Lieberman from the press, smh
    I saw it on the news. Trump was taking questions and a reported asked if Lieberman was the top contender and he replied that indeed he was. I don't recall what station.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Yeah, about that...

And, knowing that Comey is likely the source of many, many previous leaks (acting in his role as a stooge of the Obama administration - again, serving at the pleasure of the president), perhaps Trump found it in Comey's best interests that Comey reconsider additional, future leaks (especially leaks of the untrue variety).

This is conjecture, as well. I have not seen any indication that Comey is the source of any leaks.

I'll give you that one. It is conjecture. It would be less conjecture to say that Comey is either likely the source, or complicit with the source.

Comey, during today's testimony:

[video=youtube;my_GcuIaIrY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my_GcuIaIrY[/video]

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Careful not to hurt your shoulder, there, chip. :D

But, indeed, good prognostication on your part, at least on that part.

Leaking is, and always has been, part of government. Palace intrigue and all....

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I've had to stick to summaries of Comey's testimony rather than watch or listen to it live, but so far I have not heard anything that says The Donald was wrong to give this guy the boot.

ETA: nor that I am wrong to initially doubt anything the NYT and is MSM cohorts publish about ... anything.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    ETA: nor that I am wrong to initially doubt anything the NYT and is MSM cohorts publish about ... anything.
    It is rather disconcerting. We have been told so many things that turned out to be patently untrue. I can't help but wonder, are there sources making stuff up and the MSM just reports it or are some of these "journalists" making the stuff up.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    [bar scene, 3 reporters in DC]

D.C. Reporter 1: I heard Trump is an alien
    D.C. Reporter 2: really? I'd like to hear more
    1: he is an alien, I promise you. Look at this website.
    2: wow, interesting

Reporter 3: I have two anonymous sources in DC who are confirming that Hush-hush conversations are occurring regarding if Trump is indeed an alien. An investigation into the matter confirmed their suspicions. While we cannot divulge our sources, we must believe them due to the seriousness of the charge.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    [bar scene, 3 reporters in DC]

D.C. Reporter 1: I heard Trump is an alien
    D.C. Reporter 2: really? I'd like to hear more
    1: he is an alien, I promise you. Look at this website.
    2: wow, interesting

Reporter 3: I have two anonymous sources in DC who are confirming that Hush-hush conversations are occurring regarding if Trump is indeed an alien. An investigation into the matter confirmed their suspicions. While we cannot divulge our sources, we must believe them due to the seriousness of the charge.

Those stories about space ships crashing on earth...THEY MUST BE TRUE!

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    From what I could take away President Trump behaved boorishly, acted unethically, and broke no laws.

He is the head of the executive branch of the United States government and as such could encourage and/or order the FBI to investigate someone or to halt investigating someone. The FBI does not act independently of the government and the director of the FBI answers to the Attorney General of the United States, thereby placing him within the chain of command of the Executive Branch.

Or is there something else I am missing...?

Regards,

Doug

Top Bottom