• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Please explain how anyone could gleen anything else from what you posted? To me you state the Ukrainian's shouldn't fight back because it might start a war. hasn't Russia already started it?
    Never said they shouldn't fight back. Sorry that English is your 2nd language. Said exactly what I said. No more, no less. "Glean" what you will.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    France will always be there for secret deals that violate sanctions. So will other countries. Putin is clearly moving in the totalitarian direction of the old Soviet Union. I strongly suspect he doesn't care a whit about the people of Russia.

Folks who invested in Russia after 2008 (or Iran, or Saddam-era Iraq) won't be put off by Putin's Crimean gambit, although they may not want to deal openly for a while.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Russian tanks and APCs now about 3hrs from Kyiv

BijVxhvCAAAAy17.jpg:large

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Ukrainian prez says he won't stop annexation of Crimea by Russia.
    To be fair there's little they can do. They only have about 6K troops vs the Russian army filled with tanks and 80K, just across the border. They were hoping that Europe and the US would hold up their end of the bargain. Doubt that's gonna happen. Russia's pretty free to do whatever they'd like to the Ukraine.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    To be fair there's little they can do. They only have about 6K troops vs the Russian army filled with tanks and 80K, just across the border. They were hoping that Europe and the US would hold up their end of the bargain. Doubt that's gonna happen. Russia's pretty free to do whatever they'd like to the Ukraine.

Yeah, about that. I've been researching the Budapest Memo, and there's actually nothing in that agreement that binds us to protect the Ukraine, unless they are threatened or attacked solely by nuclear weapons.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I can agree with that. Wasn't really criticizing the Ukrainian president. Just noting the developments. Crimea seems a tasty bit of land to lose though without a fight though.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Putin just ordered all opposition media wiped from the Russian internet. He's planning something drastic if he's wiping out sources of truth in Russia... Ukraine is in some deep ****, I fear.

Edit: Now RU airlines are changing flight space to avoid UKR.

Last edited:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Kinda like a cat playing with a mouse at this point, I doubt Russia is doing this "just" for Crimea...
    Yep, it's so very rarely "just" anything. I've never known an imperialistic land-grabber that was content to stop "here" because, you know, anything more would just be selfish and over-indulgent.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Putin wants the Soviet Union back so bad he doesn't care what the world thinks of him. He doesn't care what the Ukrainian people want nor his own people. He is thug that got 'elected'.

Top Bottom