• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    At this point, I have to wonder what the West thinks it's going to accomplish with words. Putin knows darn good and well the only way to stop him is with force.

And while I'm on the subject, I'm reading about Kerry's upcoming meet with his Russian counterpart. Seems Kerry is going to ask about Russia's military moves of late. Okay, then what? He lies, says they are just military maneuvers for training and there's nothing the U.S. can do. Or he tells the truth and Putin manages to paint Kerry and the Obama administration into a corner. It's a win-win for Russia. Diplomacy is such a waste of time.

OneShotFOGE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Im just curious what the average American would think if our country collapsed and we lost California and Nevada. Then 25 years later, we wanted to annex them to our nation again. Would people say we were war mongering bullies?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    And yet, the alternative is much worse.

It's not an alternative. To be an alternative both would have to have at least a sporting chance of convincing Putin to change course. Force is the only way to do that. I suppose he could be bought, but then, why take the milk when he can get the cow, right?

People who spend too much effort trying to avoid war end up having to fight a bigger, nastier, more drawn out war anyway. Or they become vassals to the superior force. Either way, avoidance is costlier.

Im just curious what the average American would think if our country collapsed and we lost California and Nevada. Then 25 years later, we wanted to annex them to our nation again. Would people say we were war mongering bullies?
    Wouldn't we be?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    At this point, I have to wonder what the West thinks it's going to accomplish with words. Putin knows darn good and well the only way to stop him is with force.

And while I'm on the subject, I'm reading about Kerry's upcoming meet with his Russian counterpart. Seems Kerry is going to ask about Russia's military moves of late. Okay, then what? He lies, says they are just military maneuvers for training and there's nothing the U.S. can do. Or he tells the truth and Putin manages to paint Kerry and the Obama administration into a corner. It's a win-win for Russia. Diplomacy is such a waste of time.

Russia has a stock market. Force isn't the only thing that will stop Putin. This really doesn't fall on us, so I wish that simpleton in the,WH would point that out. The people that have the REAL power to sway Putin's opinion, are in the EU. They could ruin Russia with a, few strokes of a pen, but they (like always), are being greedy and thinking about the economic impact on their economies. That's what makes this so infuriating. The reliance on each other's economies, was built EXACTLY for this reason. That way loss of money replaces loss of life, and conflicts reduced. The EU is showing that they don't want to play that game, because they don't like the expected losses if they turn their back on Russia. Even more baffling, is that the defacto leader of the EU, Germany, is reluctant to stick it to Russia. We must have really stuck it to them, in WW2, that even the Sie Germans are afraid to make a stand.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    As we watch the event unfold it becomes more and more apparent to me. The current commander in chief is not an man of action. Not making any suggestions/claims as to if that is a good or bad thing. But when it comes to Obama, it occurs to me threats of sanctions and strongly worded statements is about all we can ever expect.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Russia has a stock market. Force isn't the only thing that will stop Putin. This really doesn't fall on us, so I wish that simpleton in the,WH would point that out. The people that have the REAL power to sway Putin's opinion, are in the EU. They could ruin Russia with a, few strokes of a pen, but they (like always), are being greedy and thinking about the economic impact on their economies. That's what makes this so infuriating. The reliance on each other's economies, was built EXACTLY for this reason. That way loss of money replaces loss of life, and conflicts reduced. The EU is showing that they don't want to play that game, because they don't like the expected losses if they turn their back on Russia. Even more baffling, is that the defacto leader of the EU, Germany, is reluctant to stick it to Russia. We must have really stuck it to them, in WW2, that even the Sie Germans are afraid to make a stand.

This isn't cut and dried. The EU has become energy dependent upon Russian natural gas. There is no readily available alternative. Also, if Obama or the EU puts sanctions in place Putin has already threatened to nationalize any business holdings from those countries in Russia. That is a substantial amount and many of the Wall Street big boys are invested in Russia up to their ears. I am certain they are pressuring Obama to avoid heavy sanctions if possible. If Russia's stock market takes a big hit ours will as well.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    As we watch the event unfold it becomes more and more apparent to me. The current commander in chief is not an man of action. Not making any suggestions/claims as to if that is a good or bad thing. But when it comes to Obama, it occurs to me threats of sanctions and strongly worded statements is about all we can ever expect.

He shouldn't be doing anything, other than pointing a finger at the EU and keeping his mouth shut.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    This isn't cut and dried. The EU has become energy dependent upon Russian natural gas. There is no readily available alternative. Also, if Obama or the EU puts sanctions in place Putin has already threatened to nationalize any business holdings from those countries in Russia. That is a substantial amount and many of the Wall Street big boys are invested in Russia up to their ears. I am certain they are pressuring Obama to avoid heavy sanctions if possible. If Russia's stock market takes a big hit ours will as well.

We wouldn't have a blip if Russia "nationalized" American business. We both aren't that dependent on the other. Europe, on the other hand is, but even then, Russia, is much more dependent on them, than vice versa. An economic war of attrition doesn't favor Russia in the slightest, unless they want to turn their backs on the relatively comfortable lifestyle they've been living.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace

In that respect he is alot like Hitler. The intricacies of running a government bore him and he's happy to delegate it to his subordinates. It is in the end about HIM and his narcissistic agenda.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I keep seeing this and keep asking people the same question that no-one answers. What would you have him do? What's your grand solution that the US should do? You say you want action. What action should he take? Let's hear it.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    I keep seeing this and keep asking people the same question that no-one answers. What would you have him do? What's your grand solution that the US should do? You say you want action. What action should he take? Let's hear it.

My answer is nothing, seeing I wouldn't like to see Russia sticking it's nose in anything that happened in our hemisphere. And by "our" I don't mean The United States hemisphere.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    My answer is nothing, seeing I wouldn't like to see Russia sticking it's nose in anything that happened in our hemisphere. And by "our" I don't mean The United States hemisphere.
    Seems he's doing that, to his detractors, and they're not satisfied. I agree we shouldn't be involved, either, (beyond diplomacy), but the administrations prior to this one have set a precedent of American interference in the European region and other places. It's in their blood to interfere and there are seemingly lots of people out there who want us to interfere.

firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Seems he's doing that, to his detractors, and they're not satisfied. I agree we shouldn't be involved, either, (beyond diplomacy), but the administrations prior to this one have set a precedent of American interference in the European region and other places. It's in their blood to interfere and there are seemingly lots of people out there who want us to interfere.

Honestly I can't what we could do short of moving troops and equipment into Ukraine to stop the Russians, and we know what that would most likely cause. Who would we get to pay for that possible war, we couldn't fund it we're broke as it is. Besides, Napoleon and Hitler tried to fight the Russians on their soil and in Russia's backyard and both times it ended badly.

Top Bottom