• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    According to Reuters, no shots have been fired and the Ukrainians are talking with whomever it was.

• A Ukrainian military official, Vladislav Seleznyov, told the Reuters news agency by telephone that armed men took over a Ukrainian base without firing bullets or causing injuries.

Another Ukrainian official told Reuters that he was now mediating between the Ukrainian forces and the armed group inside, adding that no arms had been seized.

[Reuters]

by Heather.Roy 3:16 PM

• Armed men have taken over a Ukrainian military post in Crimea, according to a Reuters news agency reporter on the scene.

No shots were fired.

And Ukrainians and forces, thought to be Russian, are holding negotiations.

[Reuters]

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Maybe they just don't want to start a war if they don't have to.

Or perhaps the Ukraine isn't really held as dearly, to it's citizens, as it is to us. I find it absolutely baffling that of all people, members of the military (in Ukraine), have rolled over like they have. Perhaps the Crimea, and the rest of the Ukraine should be absorbed by Russia. They certainly pulled one over on us, didn't they? The looked like real lovers of liberty, when they marched in Kiev.... then Russia swooped in a called their bluff. Where are those people that put so much on the line? It the citizens or the military aren't willing to fight for their nation, I say we pack up our interest in this fluff, and let Time and CNN start reporting on Justin Bieber again.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Or perhaps the Ukraine isn't really held as dearly, to it's citizens, as it is to us. I find it absolutely baffling that of all people, members of the military (in Ukraine), have rolled over like they have. Perhaps the Crimea, and the rest of the Ukraine should be absorbed by Russia. They certainly pulled one over on us, didn't they? The looked like real lovers of liberty, when they marched in Kiev.... then Russia swooped in a called their bluff. Where are those people that put so much on the line? It the citizens or the military aren't willing to fight for their nation, I say we pack up our interest in this fluff, and let Time and CNN start reporting on Justin Bieber again.

It's not worth Ukrainian blood but it sure is worth our sons and daughters blood.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The endgame of this will be dc leadership spending a fortune in US tax money paying to make us look foolish. They will get some dramatic photo ops out of it, threatening to sue Putin if he doesn't listen to them.:rolleyes:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Does Snowden play a part in the US staying it's hand concerning Russia?

Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, the head of the Defense Intelligence Agency, made that clear when he told National Public Radio in an interview broadcast Friday how U.S. officials must plan for the possibility that Vladimir Putin's Russia has access to American battle plans and other secrets possibly taken by classified leaker Edward Snowden.
    "If I'm concerned about anything, I'm concerned about defense capabilities that he may have stolen from where he worked, and does that knowledge then get into the hands of our adversaries — in this case, of course, Russia," Flynn said of the former National Security Agency contractor who fled to Moscow to seek asylum.
    Military spy chief: Have to assume Russia knows U.S. secrets - CNN.com

I hadn't thought of that contingency. I guess this is one reason why a nation's secrets shouldn't be handled by contractors.

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    If those sorry bums won't fight for their own country we shouldn't waste one drop of our blood doing it for them.
    Uhhhh, you clearly haven't been following this situation have you??? 70+ people have been killed so far in the fight to gain independence. People have been tortured, thrown in prison, and beaten. How have they not "been fighting for their country"? When Russia first invaded, people came out in DROVES to sign up for the military. What Russia has been doing, it's a declaration of war. Clear cut, nuff said. The EU and the U.S. just don't have the balls to do anything about it. They're just hoping "diplomatic relations" can talk Russia out of Crimea.

Russia is pushing it at this point. They're trying to make the Ukrainians fire the first shot. That way, they can justify going in and taking the ENTIRE country over. Honestly, Russia is a bully, and bullies always get what they deserve. Do I want the U.S. to get involved? Not yet. However, if Russia keeps playing this game, something needs to be done.

Ukraine has been under a Russian blanket for the past 50 years. They don't have the hardware to take on the Russian army. If war breaks out, they will need help, or face inhalation.

Last edited:

fundy87

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 26, 2013
    Southern Indy
    Apparently Canada told the Russian troops in their country to gtfo, way to go Mr president, you've made America look like the biggest pansies in the whole western hemisphere....... Again.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    .......... If war breaks out, they will need help, or face inhalation.

Bill Clinton faced the very thing.

article-0-19D8A6DD00000578-996_638x451.jpg

Top Bottom