• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I wasnt just speaking about iran. Also im not of the illusion that people in the middle east all live in caves.

I would be just fine with isolating the region if that was a true option but it isnt. I also have no problem letting them kill each other. But they wouldn't stick with that because their beliefs force them to expand around the globe. The best way to deal with radical islam is to eradicate it

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    They're far less radical than the people of nations we call our "allies," like Turkey and Saudi Arabia.

Still amazed someone took my jokingly hyperbolic example of genocide and thought that was the better idea of the 2.
    Im not a fan of turkey or Saudi Arabia. I've been to both of those countries. They are not our friends. Saudi arabia is just behind Iran and pakistan as a terrorist state imo.

Its not genocide. Its war. They have the ability to surrender. We know who the worlds terror problem is. Its not nerdy white guys from ohio

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I wasnt just speaking about iran. Also im not of the illusion that people in the middle east all live in caves.

I would be just fine with isolating the region if that was a true option but it isnt. I also have no problem letting them kill each other. But they wouldn't stick with that because their beliefs force them to expand around the globe. The best way to deal with radical islam is to eradicate it

Yet, Assad managed to put a lid on the conflict in Syria, effectively wiping out ISIS even with our government attempting to prop them up to topple him.

The problem will solve its self, as most people don't want to live in a mess like that. The only reason Europe ended up flooded with muslims is because we killed Gadaffi and tried to inflate a civil war in Syria.

If we leave the situation alone, it will solve its self, as it managed to do for the prior 220+ years of our existence. If you remember, 9/11 was a result of our involvement in the region as well.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I hope you realize Iran is not like most of the middle east. It is a developed place with a large and civilized middle class just trying to go about their daily lives, not unlike most of Europe, or most of the US for that matter.

I think you need some deep introspection with what you're actually advocating for. Turn off CNN and Fox news and go watch some videos of daily life there, tourism, food, markets, etc. The general public of Iran don't hate the US. (Though, as we murder their children and burn their houses down, I'm certain that opinion will change in a way that endangers American lives.)

Iran supplied shaped charge IED's in Iraq that killed many US soldiers. My son's Humvee was hit by one in Ramadi. The insurgent (who could have been either Iraqi or Iranian) activated it a half second too soon via cell phone and the molten jet of metal shot thru the engine compartment instead of the crew cab. My son was driving and suffered a TBI and permanent hearing damage. One of his buddies in another convoy wasn't so lucky. My son told me it wasn't unusual to find military age Iranians mixed in with the Iraqi civilians.

My son suffered from PTSD and eventually decided life was too much for him. I blame the IED incident and Iran specifically. When I heard Obama flew a plane full of cash to Iran in the middle of the night it made my blood boil.

https://www.defenseone.com/news/2015/09/how-many-us-troops-were-killed-iranian-ieds-iraq/120524/

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Iran supplied shaped charge IED's in Iraq that killed many US soldiers. My son's Humvee was hit by one in Ramadi. The insurgent (who could have been either Iraqi or Iranian) activated it a half second too soon via cell phone and the molten jet of metal shot thru the engine compartment instead of the crew cab. My son was driving and suffered a TBI and permanent hearing damage. One of his buddies in another convoy wasn't so lucky. My son told me it wasn't unusual to find military age Iranians mixed in with the Iraqi civilians.

My son suffered from PTSD and eventually decided life was too much for him. I blame the IED incident and Iran specifically. When I heard Obama flew a plane full of cash to Iran in the middle of the night it made my blood boil.

https://www.defenseone.com/news/2015/09/how-many-us-troops-were-killed-iranian-ieds-iraq/120524/

I lost some friends in the region. Never family. When I learned of "O"s :bs: money shipment my blood boiled as well.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Imagine what a better world itd be if there weren't fairy tale stories, magic rocks and holy sites worth spilling blood over.

Your imagination is a hallucination if you think that would change nature. Justification for violence comes in many forms. What was Stalin’s magic rock? John Lennon was an ideological idiot.

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County
    I lost some friends in the region. Never family. When I learned of "O"s :bs: money shipment my blood boiled as well.

The Iranian people may not be evil but their government certainly is. If they had the capability they would wipe Israel and the USA off the map and have publicly said so. I don't have all the answers but the Iranian government will have to dealt with sooner or later.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    n10jh6wt6r841.jpg

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The Iranian people may not be evil but their government certainly is. If they had the capability they would wipe Israel and the USA off the map and have publicly said so. I don't have all the answers but the Iranian government will have to dealt with sooner or later.

I think this is doubtful. If anything the killing of Soleimani will prove just how rational a actor Iran is. Iran has saber-rattled just as long as North Korea, but they both have always been extremely careful as to how far they'll go. People in power are rarely ideologues. They love their power to much, and when you're dead, you can't enjoy that power. Any attempt to wipe us or Israel "off the map," will undoubted lead mean the same for Iran. I don't think that's a risk they are willing to take.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Your imagination is a hallucination if you think that would change nature. Justification for violence comes in many forms. What was Stalin’s magic rock? John Lennon was an ideological idiot.

You're right, silly me for stating the world would be a perfect harmony if it weren't for religion.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    I think this is doubtful. If anything the killing of Soleimani will prove just how rational a actor Iran is. Iran has saber-rattled just as long as North Korea, but they both have always been extremely careful as to how far they'll go. People in power are rarely ideologues. They love their power to much, and when you're dead, you can't enjoy that power. Any attempt to wipe us or Israel "off the map," will undoubted lead mean the same for Iran. I don't think that's a risk they are willing to take.

I think you missed the “IF they had the capability” part

Wolfhound

Hired Goon
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Henry County

There is no doubt some of it is political posturing but when a government starts every assembly with shouts of "Death to America" it doesn't seem unreasonable to take them seriously. Just lately Iran has attacked Saudi oil production, shot down a US drone claimed to be in international airspace, supplied and launched rockets at Israel, attacked ships near the Persian Gulf and organized an attack on our embassy in Iraq. That's just in the past 6 months or so. Oh, they also have a national holiday....you guessed it.....Death to America Day.

https://en.news-front.info/2019/11/25/iran-threatens-destruction-of-usa-israel-and-saudi-arabia/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_to_America

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I think you missed the “IF they had the capability” part

If that capability was some magic button that you could push and instantly make the US and Israel go away, sure. However I think it's relatively well understood that people are thinking nuclear weapons as the tools the Iranians would use. And if they were to employ such weapons, that would be akin to suicide.

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    (Though, as we murder their children and burn their houses down, I'm certain that opinion will change in a way that endangers American lives.)

That would have been in General Soleimani's play book, to sway public opinion of the US. Now they're dancing in the streets.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Making them fear us is the only answer, violence is the only lasting solution. Anything else is just wasting time because they want to kill us and take our stuff. That's about as distilled as it gets.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You're right, silly me for stating the world would be a perfect harmony if it weren't for religion.
    It’s a silly sentiment. Religion isn’t a cause. It’s just one of many possible conduits. Thinking that a world without religion is a world without strife or violence is naive. I’m not a believer in religion, BTW. But I know enough about human nature to know John Lennon was full of ****.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Making them fear us is the only answer, violence is the only lasting solution. Anything else is just wasting time because they want to kill us and take our stuff. That's about as distilled as it gets.
    I knew they wanted to kill us. Didn’t know they wanted our stuff too. Wasn’t the pallets of cash enough stuff?

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    It’s a silly sentiment. Religion isn’t a cause. It’s just one of many possible conduits. Thinking that a world without religion is a world without strife or violence is naive.

No one said it'd be a world devoid of strife or violence, you're hearing what you want to hear and argueing with a straw man.

The world would be far better off if Muslim,jew and Christian didn't hold the same sliver of land in such high regard as to kill over it. If Islamists didn't believe government and religion were meant to be intertwined. A big portion of modern violence is directly attributable to religion. That there are also non religious reasons for violence doesn't take away from that fact.

Top Bottom