• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    It appears that Suleimani commanded combined Iraqi/Shia forces against Daesh. An Iraqi militia chief was killed with him.

One reading of those facts is that the legitimate government of Iraq is being undermined by Iran. (Granted, that's not really news.) As such, the fact that Iraq is taking a relatively strong stand AGAINST our action is a bigly problem.

If we withdraw, we concede Iraq to Iran's influence (and probably Russia's). If we stay, well... then instead of WWIII, I'm afraid we'll have Desert Storm III. (Or is it IV now?)

It's almost like when we installed Saddam, who kept a handle on things, we should have left him the hell alone.

The only correct path forward with the middle east is to get out. There will always be attacks, and retaliation. Every time we retaliate to an attack, children grow up vowing vengeance on the US and starting a new generation of the same cycle. There is no victory to be had unless we are willing to kill every living thing in the region and leave it inhospitable.

There's actual existential threats to the US out there that we should be concerning ourselves with, like China. Or hell, even Turkey poses more of a direct threat to us at this point.

Last edited:

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    Whomever wrote that is an idiot. #1 bad guy in the world, and yet most of us (even me) had never heard of the guy until he was dead. At most, he's #2, because he still has to take orders from someone. Besides Rouhani, I think both Kim and Bin Salman are worse.

General Soleimani was actively developing plans to attack American diplomats and service members. He had orchestrated attacks on U.S. led coalition bases in Iraq, including one on December 27 which killed an American contractor and wounded U.S. service members. He approved the attacks on the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad. He used explosive penetrators that killed and maimed hundreds of U.S. service members during the Iraq War.
    He was a chief architect behind Iran’s continuing reign of terror in the region.
    He hired the Mexican Cartel to plant C-4 in a Washington, D.C. restaurant to kill Saudi Ambassador Adel al-Jubeir. The Quds Force operative did not know that he was being recorded in a DEA operation. During this operation, he planned strikes against the Israeli Embassy in Washington, plus the Saudi and Israeli Embassies in Argentina.
    He was an uneducated man working for Iran’s leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, to terrorize the region. He ran a terrorist group under the guise of the Iranian army.
    He was a high value target protected by the Iranian army. The opportunity presented itself to take him out tit for tat and that's exactly what happened.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Their Women.
    Saudi girls are way hotter

tT1Y0cp.jpg

I think these are patio umbrellas.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    There is no victory to be had unless we are willing to kill every living thing in the region and leave it inhospitable.

The right answer presents itself. Kill everything that moves. Destroy all shelters. Salt the ground. Take the oil and it's revenue and build a better, bigger Army.

They won't be around to annoy us when China decides they're ready to challenge.

There can be only one.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The right answer presents itself. Kill everything that moves. Destroy all shelters. Salt the ground. Take the oil and it's revenue and build a better, bigger Army.

There can be only one.
    Yep. (And Totally agree too on the china comment. Its coming)
    This is how it's done.
    Many people do not understand that warfighting is evil.
    They claim President Trump has entered us into another war. NEWSFLASH to members of Congress who haven't been Paying attention, we have been at war since 2003 in iraq and since 2001 in the war on terror. Kinda important that you all follow a long since its your job and you asked to be hired.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Yep. (And Totally agree too on the china comment. Its coming)
    This is how it's done.
    Many people do not understand that warfighting is evil.
    They claim President Trump has entered us into another war. NEWSFLASH to members of Congress who haven't been Paying attention, we have been at war since 2003 in iraq and since 2001 in the war on terror. Kinda important that you all follow a long since its your job and you asked to be hired.

Warfighting is fighting to win.

In an ideological war, everything that subscribes to that belief must be killed. Until official state policy is to kill every single living thing in the middle east and people of those beliefs abroad, we have no intention of winning, nor means to do so.

I say the more sane alternative is to simply get out of it rather than attempt to genocide 2 billion people.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Warfighting is fighting to win.

In an ideological war, everything that subscribes to that belief must be killed. Until official state policy is to kill every single living thing in the middle east and people of those beliefs abroad, we have no intention of winning, nor means to do so.

I say the more sane alternative is to simply get out of it rather than attempt to genocide 2 billion people.
    I mean, they accuse Trump of literally being Hitler?

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN

There can be only one.

Or till they surrender

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis

There can be only one.

Or we can just dip, build a figurative wall around the region and let them figure it out. We'd have to be willing to systematically kill millions of people if we wanted destroy their ideology. Better to just wait it out, drop some translated chris Hitchens books from airplanes and wait for them to figure it out.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Or we can just dip, build a figurative wall around the region and let them figure it out. We'd have to be willing to systematically kill millions of people if we wanted destroy their ideology. Better to just wait it out, drop some translated chris Hitchens books from airplanes and wait for them to figure it out.
    I dont have a problem killing millions of psychopaths.
    I truly believe we will see bombs or missiles strike Tehran within the year

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

I hope you realize Iran is not like most of the middle east. It is a developed place with a large and civilized middle class just trying to go about their daily lives, not unlike most of Europe, or most of the US for that matter.

I think you need some deep introspection with what you're actually advocating for. Turn off CNN and Fox news and go watch some videos of daily life there, tourism, food, markets, etc. The general public of Iran don't hate the US. (Though, as we murder their children and burn their houses down, I'm certain that opinion will change in a way that endangers American lives.)

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis

By definition they cant all be psychopaths. They're brainwashed by an ideology and religion lagging 600 years behind the rest of the world. I'd rather wall them off and let them come to terms than genocide them on a scale far greater than the holocaust.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    By definition they cant all be psychopaths. They're brainwashed by an ideology and religion lagging 600 years behind the rest of the world. I'd rather wall them off and let them come to terms than genocide them on a scale far greater than the holocaust.

They're far less radical than the people of nations we call our "allies," like Turkey and Saudi Arabia.

Still amazed someone took my jokingly hyperbolic example of genocide and thought that was the better idea of the 2.

Top Bottom